Other Games 22/23

Disappointing. We need to start converting some of these draws into wins again. I don’t think this is the best Spurs side ever but with Kane, Son and Conte, they have a chance of overhauling us. 

Hopefully we beat Bournemouth so we can go into Liverpool and Man U games with momentum. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Disappointing. We need to start converting some of these draws into wins again. I don’t think this is the best Spurs side ever but with Kane, Son and Conte, they have a chance of overhauling us. 

Hopefully we beat Bournemouth so we can go into Liverpool and Man U games with momentum. 

Aye, starting to look like 5th place for us if we don't start putting some wins together

29 minutes ago, AgentAxeman said:

You'd still want him at St. James's tho. 

If AG starts his antics of diving every time he's touched I'll be on his back but I think Eddie will have had a word in his ear.....the same with Grealish he would boil my piss if i was a Man City fan

23 minutes ago, Renton said:

Aye. Not a disaster but still.

We're not losing though and hopefully with Isak /Gordon starting next game we'll get back to winning ways

3 minutes ago, Rosco said:

We're not losing though and hopefully with Isak /Gordon starting next game we'll get back to winning ways

I hope Isak starts. I know Wilson scored but he also missed 2 other good chances and has 1 goal in 10 whilst we have a £60mil striker on the bench. 

• Like 3

I think Spurs will still have plenty dropped points in them, but we need to start winning or we're gonna end up with all the games and disruption that come with a European campaign, but none of the money. 

• Like 1

The problem Spurs have is that they are at their best when can set up to counter like they did against Citeh today; and obviously you can't set up that way against every opponent. It's questionable whether this a turning point in form for Spurs or not, especially when Man City are so out of sorts. Having said all that unless our goal scorers start scoring goals we'll be overtaken whether by Spurs, Brighton or someone else. So hopefully we can get a convincing win away to Eddie's old club next Saturday, and get as many of our goal scorers on the score sheet as possible. Fairly obvious thing to say, but Isak and Gordon will likely be the players who contribute most to dragging us across the line if we're to make the top four. Wilson I hope recaptures his best form, but there does seem to be something amiss with him despite his goal against the 'ammers.

Edited by Polarboy
  • Like 1

Oh well. Just echoing the views above, the CL situation is getting very concerning now. This was always on the cards because undoubtedly Spurs have a better squad than us. The failure to add a creative midfielder in the window may come back to haunt us.

A lot rests on Isak's shoulder now as well as what sort of consistency Gordon can show. But it's an altogether different sort of thing to be wetting the beds about than we're used to so bring it on :)  

If we get CL it was always going to be close, also agree with KCG that it would just be a massive bonus really. It would speed up our whole project by years if we got into the CL but we’re still massively improved if not and would likely still have European games. 

• Like 1

The problem is, as has been said, we'll never have a better opportunity, at least in this early stage of development, to get top four and the money, sponsorship that brings with so many of the big money clubs being below par. We could invest another 150+ million in the summer and find it much more difficult to finish within the top four next season. If we don't finish in the top four this season we'll miss the opportunity of maybe skipping a few steps in our development.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Renton said:

Eell that was fucking shit, thanks a bundle @LondonBlue ;)

Lots of twists and turns still to come in this league. We've still got a game in hand over Spurs and got to play them at home, but we've got to start winning rather than drawing games now. 

I work from home but have a rare face to face meeting with our MD and 2 other guys this week. Annoyingly 2 of them are spurs fans and the other is a gooner. nightmare timing.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, AgentAxeman said:

Strange to say considering the goals he's scored but Haaland is totally under utilised at man shitty. 

We blues see this too. We're so used to playing with a false 9 and now that we have a half decent one we don't know how to play with one.

I think we're in for a major makeover in the summer. An actual left back would be a nice start.

9 minutes ago, LondonBlue said:

I work from home but have a rare face to face meeting with our MD and 2 other guys this week. Annoyingly 2 of them are spurs fans and the other is a gooner. nightmare timing.

oooh, look at me, I hobnob with managing directors.

can you get your hands on any corporate tickets for the league cup final?

• Haha 5

4 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

oooh, look at me, I hobnob with managing directors.

can you get your hands on any corporate tickets for the league cup final?

chance would be a fine thing. closest i've ever got to that is a mate who borrowed some black season tickets for arsenal. it was in the new stadium and was very cosy. that was a one off though.

i could probably blag you some tickets for the underground at a good price.

• Haha 3

Disappointed with the lack of Scottish 4th tier chat on this thread. 

Stirling Albion and Dumbarton both only managing draws yesterday leaves it still wide open at the top with the Bino's only 4 points adrift with a game in hand and the postponed away day at Dumbarton still to go. It's looking entirely plausible we might have yet another implausible and fleeting season of getting humbled in the 3rd tier and I for one am really looking forward to the run in.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Polarboy said:

The problem is, as has been said, we'll never have a better opportunity, at least in this early stage of development, to get top four and the money, sponsorship that brings with so many of the big money clubs being below par. We could invest another 150+ million in the summer and find it much more difficult to finish within the top four next season. If we don't finish in the top four this season we'll miss the opportunity of maybe skipping a few steps in our development.  

Absolutley......Liverpool / Chelsea  both shite Spurs up & down like a tatrs knickers......if we could sneak 4th place that would jump us forward quite a few years in the "project", Europa league is a poor man's Pizza Cup with loads of games against average teams and crap tv money.

Carabao cup win or CL place......a few people will say CL place with the big money, I still think we can get both if we can keep key players fit if pushed I'll take a cup win plus Europa place

https://twitter.com/SwissRamble/status/1470290554856554504/photo/1

Edited by Rosco

16 minutes ago, Rosco said:

Absolutley......Liverpool / Chelsea  both shite Spurs up & down like a tatrs knickers......if we could sneak 4th place that would jump us forward quite afew years in the "project", Europa league is a poor man's Pizza Cup with loads of games against average teams and crap tv money.

Carabao cup win or CL place......a few people will say CL place with the big money, I still think we can get both if we can keep key players fit if pushed I'll take a cup win plus Europa place

https://twitter.com/SwissRamble/status/1470290554856554504/photo/1

Has it even been a few years? Could swear it's been less than two years since Howe/Celtic polava, and even less since the Newcastle takeover and Bruce sacking.