Alexander Isak

Anorthernsoul

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

If we can keep this lad fit for the rest of the season he is gonna be as important as Bruno IMO.

he hasn’t played that well this season (mainly due to injury) but still has 13 goals in 18 or 19 starts. 

• Like 3

Aye totally agree.  I think that's because he was rushed back.  He looked unfit and uninterested at times.  But today he looked sharp and fit again.

On 06/01/2024 at 12:32, Holden McGroin said:

he hasn’t played that well this season (mainly due to injury) but still has 13 goals in 18 or 19 starts. 

Aye that's one of the hallmarks of a top forward isn't it? He's been clearly unfit like some of the others, really good to see him looking more like himself lately. That bit of fire in going up to defend Gordon was brilliant to see too :lol: 

I know Bruno is the engine, the anchor of this team right now. But imo Isak is the one who's likely to produce the magic moment to win a trophy or do something special on the big stage. Really hope he's not a Wilsonesque perma crock. 

• Like 4

On 06/01/2024 at 18:32, Holden McGroin said:

To get that return when he's no fully fit, and he's playing in a side that's not playing well (or fully fit themselves) is remarkable. I can't wait for us to have the likes of Barnes, Tonali, Willock and Wilson, back. Not just so he's not ploughing a lone furrow up front, but so he can't get a bit of a break as well. 

He's so fucking calm under pressure it's unnatural. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Cheap at £60mil when you look at how much money has been wasted on Richarlison, Niholas Jackson, Nunez, Havertz and Hoijlund at the other "big clubs"

Carragher was touting him for Liverpool after we played them the minging cunt can fuck off, he's ours.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

if he stays fit he's a 20 goals a season striker 

He seems to be in the same category as Wilson for fitness. If they both could share games and stay fit it would work but inevitably one gets crocked which leads the other to play too much and also get crocked. 

1 minute ago, Holden McGroin said:

He seems to be in the same category as Wilson for fitness. If they both could share games and stay fit it would work but inevitably one gets crocked which leads the other to play too much and also get crocked. 

which is why we need a third striker

• Like 2

I think both of them came back before they were anywhere close to fit recently, which is why Isak has looked plop for a bit and Wilson has broken down again. 

We desperately need a third choice striker - don't think that's been mentioned. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I think both of them came back before they were anywhere close to fit recently, which is why Isak has looked plop for a bit and Wilson has broken down again. 

We desperately need a third choice striker - don't think that's been mentioned. 

Aye. That was one of my takeaways from yesterday like. Wilson is obviously no spring chicken and injured so often. There’s only him and Isak that can play CF. So we’re desperate for some cover to manage the amount of game time Isak has. 

I think Eddie was asked in the summer about strikers and he mentioned the premium prices implying we wanted to spend the available budget on what we did do. 

I'd imagine it'll be one of this summer's priorities. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Alex said:

Aye. That was one of my takeaways from yesterday like. Wilson is obviously no spring chicken and injured so often. There’s only him and Isak that can play CF. So we’re desperate for some cover to manage the amount of game time Isak has. 

It's a shame none of our youth players seem capable of stepping up - Parkinson seems to be the one favoured on the bench but has barely had a sniff outside of an emergency at Bournemouth, but it seemed like Dylan Stephenson was the most likely to get called up to the seniors until he was pretty shit north of the border.

• Like 1

All this could be resolved if we had a 3rd striker on our books. Surprised nobody has thought of this before.

• Haha 3

Firstly, I'll second what fish has said, and then add that we also need a 4th striker, but I will accept a 3rd first.  

• Haha 4