Alexander Isak

Anorthernsoul

• 1 month later...

I thought he looked mint the whole match and him having to get it left wing on half way during the first half was a criticism of us as a team. We'll get better and bring out the best in him in the opponents' third.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

To say he's not looked himself at times this season he's got 6 goals in the league. Same as Son and 2 behind Haaland. 

He looked a a lot better today I thought after a slow start. 

Probably looked his best this season running with the ball. He's got the ability to score pretty much any type of goal so he's going to be right up there in the scoring charts as long as he gets some sort of delivery. 

Gordon and Willock with their running will create a lot more space for him too.  

• Like 3

Perhaps it's the same injury that has been troubling him on and off so far this season without keeping him out of games. A couple of weeks to recover before our next game would be much needed.

• Like 1

Just now, toonotl said:

Perhaps it's the same injury that has been troubling him on and off so far this season without keeping him out of games. A couple of weeks to recover before our next game would be much needed.

Howe has already said that he'd had problems in both of his knees, so he's probably just aggravated that. Since he's not going away with Sweden I presume it won't be serious and he'll be fine once we're back.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RobinRobin said:

Injured :sad:

this explains a lot. He’s been far from his scintillating best this season, I suspected he was carrying a niggle. Hopefully it improves after a two week rest. The fact that he has still scored seven goals despite not being fully fit underlines how fucking class he is 

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Expect him to start tonight. He’s Eddie’s main man, particularly for these European games. Good to know he has a point to prove to Dortmund as hopefully he’ll be at his unplayable best. 

• 1 month later...

It does concern me a little that he's come back from an injury and played 81' against Chelsea and 90' a few days later against PSG.

To the latter end of the first half he was hardly making any runs.  He was glued to the centre of the pitch and not really contributing.  It made me wonder if he was injured.  Second half apart from one run he might as well not been on the pitch.  IMO Eddie should have taken him off for Hall. 

But great to see Isak back.  I just hope we aren't fucking him up with two long stints after a lay off.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

He didn’t do much running in the second half to be honest. Hopefully that was just him conserving energy but I think he was dead on his feet - like a few others 

When he had the ball he ran a couple of times and looked fine.  It was the lack of running into space that confused me.  Albeit second half we hardly had the ball.

10 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

It does concern me a little that he's come back from an injury and played 81' against Chelsea and 90' a few days later against PSG.

To the latter end of the first half he was hardly making any runs.  He was glued to the centre of the pitch and not really contributing.  It made me wonder if he was injured.  Second half apart from one run he might as well not been on the pitch.  IMO Eddie should have taken him off for Hall. 

But great to see Isak back.  I just hope we aren't fucking him up with two long stints after a lay off.

I did wonder why he didn't just chuck Dummett in the box for the last 10 minutes, put Hall on the wing and Gordon up front 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

When he had the ball he ran a couple of times and looked fine.  It was the lack of running into space that confused me.  Albeit second half we hardly had the ball.

I think he was not prepared to run for lost cases. He simply staid up front to pose a virtual threat but put in as little effort as possible.

• Like 2