Anthony Gordon Handsome Winger Man

Ayatollah Hermione

12 hours ago, Diego21 said:

It is true that what happens in youth tournaments must be taken with caution, but it is also true that in this U21 practically all the players are 22 and 23 years old and are footballers who are already going to make a living from professional football.

I do see Gordon's performance in the tournament as positive. Even if England ends up winning the tournament, he can opt for the MVP of the tournament, something that players like Fabian, Thiago Alcántara, Ceballos, Mata or Fabio Vieira have won in recent editions.

But I think Gordon needed this boost of confidence and adrenaline after the very difficult months he's been through, first at Everton living through the relegation situation, then the criticism for leaving the team and then the bad luck he's had at his first months here, with some painful episodes like those substitutions soon.

I don't see negative aspects of him putting together a great performance and the physical issue doesn't seem like such an important problem to me.

You're a real sunny day kind of guy, aren't you?

Maybe one of the reason’s we’re chasing Barnes is Gordon’s season will soon be entering its 11th month?… difficult to think he’d be ready for the first champions league game. Also agree with whoever said he may well up being the utility forward ie he’ll play anywhere across the front three :cuppa:

edit: that mad U21 tournament that Steven Taylor played in, there was a penalty shoot out when he had to two fuckin pens on one leg as he’d been injured and it ended up 18-19 or something?? :lol:  I remember watching that in the pub, was it on bbc2 or sky?  I notice these games are only on the UEFA app now :( 

Edited by PaddockLad

47 minutes ago, ewerk said:

The lad is 22 and has played 479 minutes of football for us. I don't think burnout is an issue just yet.

Aye, I don't see burn out being an issue. My concern is he won't get a pre-season which would help him fit into Eddies system.

Edited by Holden McGroin

2 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Maybe one of the reason’s we’re chasing Barnes is Gordon’s season will soon be entering its 11th month?… difficult to think he’d be ready for the first champions league game. Also agree with whoever said he may well up being the utility forward ie he’ll play anywhere across the front three :cuppa:

edit: that mad U21 tournament that Steven Taylor played in, there was a penalty shoot out when he had to two fuckin pens on one leg as he’d been injured and it ended up 18-19 or something?? :lol:  I remember watching that in the pub, was it on bbc2 or sky?  I notice these games are only on the UEFA app now :( 

I didn't remember this match. 

😅

1377116437_Screenshot(34).thumb.png.59e30575da41c5990a7dec88689b5d3e.png

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

Well thats HC's future transfer sorted :good:

You're gonna be on full Teanna lady when he's playing more regular than Greek Fanny aren't you?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Diego21 said:

I have not understood this expression. xD

That you're positive, optimistic. 

4 minutes ago, The Fish said:

That you're positive, optimistic. 

In this case, yes. Because I don't mind Gordon coming in a little tired. In the end, for the moment, he is not an indispensable starting player who is going to play 3,000 minutes this year. Or at least he doesn't have that obligation at first.

He can wait a bit, recover his form, rest, and for the attacking front we have many options to rotate.

I always remember when Atleti signed Kun Aguero in 2006. He played all the games in 2006-2007, but he didn't really break it, he didn't stand out, he even seemed a little fat. He went to the 2007 U20 World Cup, Argentina won there, he was the MVP and the Top Scorer... And he came to Atleti and had an absolutely incredible 2007-2008 season... (He scored 27 goals and gave 11 assists and played all matches) It earned him a lot of confidence and establish himself as indisputable. Without resting at all, he went to the Olympic Games in Beijing... There Argentina won Olympic Gold and just 48 hours after winning the final, the guy was in Madrid playing a UCL preview match that qualified Atleti against Schalke 04 later of more than 10 years without entering the Champions League. And the match that he played was unbelievably crazy.

And that same 2008-2009 season, he once again had a spectacular level. (He scored 21 goals and gave 15 assists and played every game without problems).

He chained 3 seasons playing every game with the club and without rest in three consecutive summers.

• Like 3

On 07/07/2023 at 09:37, ewerk said:

The final is on Channel 4 at 5pm tomorrow if anyone is interested.

Hopefully Tony G has a big game so he comes back full of confidence. Seems we might be able to have him as a third option for the striker role going off his performances there. 

• Like 1
  • Jaysus... 1