Anthony Gordon Handsome Winger Man

Ayatollah Hermione

2 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

i liked that analysis better than the thing he did about klopp's "genius" tactics when liverpool went down to 10 men against us. 

main takeaways: his numbers from six games this season are elite - both defensively and in attack. we all knew about his defensive work off the ball but the bit about his understanding of space and how to create and exploit it was illuminating 

• Like 2

Well his attributes were there to see clearly in his short Everton days. It's no surprise Eddie pushed for him and Chelsea etc wanted him too. Wingers that are direct and can take on and get past people are rare these days (see Antony :lol: ). He was only going to get better with time, still very young. Most of us on here (one exception of course) were quite happy with the signing and if there was any reservation it was that he can be a bit of a prick. A lot of the Twitter/social media experts though let themselves be deceived by views of bitter Everton fans and the difficult start he had last year. 

The quality of sigings and the impact almost every single player has had under the new regime has been nothing short of remarkable. Even Targett and Wood served their purpose. This has to be remembered when we think about Tonali, might not be the missing piece in the puzzle right now but he will come good.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

Well his attributes were there to see clearly in his short Everton days. It's no surprise Eddie pushed for him and Chelsea etc wanted him too. Wingers that are direct and can take on and get past people are rare these days (see Antony :lol: ). He was only going to get better with time, still very young. Most of us on here (one exception of course) were quite happy with the signing and if there was any reservation it was that he can be a bit of a prick. A lot of the Twitter/social media experts though let themselves be deceived by views of bitter Everton fans and the difficult start he had last year. 

The quality of sigings and the impact almost every single player has had under the new regime has been nothing short of remarkable. Even Targett and Wood served their purpose. This has to be remembered when we think about Tonali, might not be the missing piece in the puzzle right now but he will come good.

Tonali got player of the Month!

But his role and place has been questioned lately. Which makes sense in the way that we haven't clicked with him and Bruno together. It's something that needs time though as Howe has been saying, roles will evolve. 

6 minutes ago, Craig said:

Has to be in contention for the England squad IYAM.

hopefully southgate stays true to form and opts for Kalvin Philips and Henderson instead 

Right fuck it. I'm in the Southgate is a Cunt club.

He's in a very unfortunate position cos I don't actually want him to pick our players, but he can fuck off if he thinks he's not picking our players. The goofy little dweeb.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

15 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Right fuck it. I'm in the Southgate is a Cunt club.

He's in a very unfortunate position cos I don't actually want him to pick our players, but he can fuck off if he thinks he's not picking our players. The goofy little dweeb.

High Five Boom GIF by TipsyElves.com

• Haha 2

Southgate has got to be the most boring, tedious man in football and downright infuriating if you care about England football team. Good for us though, suspect Longstaff, Burn and Willock last year would have felt hard done by but England aren't winning anything under this dreary slop of a manager so they might as well rest thier legs and make history for Nufc :whistling:

• Like 4

It took us about two months to coach England out of Wilson after the World Cup. I sm not bothered about our players not getting called up. They can look at some of the world class prospects down the road though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

• 3 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

just to add to this in me slightly intoxicated late night, travel weary state...

love the headless chook I do, he could very easily be me new craig bellamy, not many higher accolades!   :)

I'd like to see him be little more like Bellamy and run more directly at goal but you cannot fault his work-rate and commitment.

When he popped up to take the ball off one of palace's attackers after just being involved in our attacking play in their box moments earlier, it showed his worth.

Also @PaddockLad will love the way he pointed and didn't kiss the badge after scoring! 😉 

Edited by sammynb
  • Haha 2

On 06/10/2023 at 00:08, Gemmill said:

They don't hand the Sela Player of the Month Award out to just anyone. If Southgate can't see that then I don't know what to tell him.

Grealish, Foden, Phillips, Bellingham, Saka, Kane, Rashford... NONE of them have won the Sela Player of the Month. Are you watching Gareth?

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

When we signed him it seemed to me that we could have tried something better for that price.

Then his first games here were disappointing.

How glad I was wrong.

It seems like a real super class to me. His ball handling is different. Release something. Things are going to happen when he has the ball.

Yesterday he shows his intelligence without the ball in the goals from Willock and Almiron making the perfect unmarking to clean up the play.

He already needs to be called by Southgate... And next summer it will cost 100 million if someone wants to take him.

• Like 7