Eddie's Glorious Champions League-bound Mags vs De Zerbi's Stuttering South Coast Soft Shites

Gemmill

1 minute ago, Holden McGroin said:

Not sure why they played half their 1st team. Weird decision from De Zerbi.

Don't think they had this down as a must win - he said as much beforehand. They were tired, needed to rotate, and had 4 games to think of, not just this one.

Just now, Rayvin said:

Don't think they had this down as a must win - he said as much beforehand. They were tired, needed to rotate, and had 4 games to think of, not just this one.

Aye, did us a bit of a favour tbf. Maybe De Zerbi just fucking hates scousers.

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Aye, did us a bit of a favour tbf. Maybe De Zerbi just fucking hates scousers.

Was full of praise for us beforehand too, said we deserved the CL finish.

Maybe RTG is right and he was bought off after all..

I imagine they're absolute beside themselves tbh.

What did I tell you? Tough game for us? Aye, but a tougher game for them coming straight after arsenal away having to come up here. I want sky to interview carragher and Neville and ask them 'WHO'S THE MOST LIKELY TO MISS OUT ON THE TOP 4 NOW, GOBSHITES?' Also, 'WHO'LL BE FEELING THE MOST PRESSURE NOW, CARRA AND NEV? YOUR TEAM OR HIS?'

IMG_f73f26.jpg.2ae00aac4f6d10f5657d60361ae1d031.jpg 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Was full of praise for us beforehand too, said we deserved the CL finish.

Maybe RTG is right and he was bought off after all..

I imagine they're absolute beside themselves tbh.

Saying the same stuff just now. Beat Man United, were unlucky against Arsenal, and deserve to be in the CL.

• Like 2

image.gif.787289e84ba8e88e1167cc4c95a54685.gif

Fucking nearly there :lol:

No magpies on the dog walk this morning but think I exchanged pleasantries with @Gemmill family. Dogs sniffed each others arses and as we parted company I heard her say either “what a gorgeous bod” or “what a gorgeous dog”.

Anyway, if you can arrange another meet up for Monday please.

Wife joined me at the Wunderbar tonight and I’m pissed. Fuck.

Edited by Christmas Tree
  • Haha 5

13 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

There wasn't really a Brighton storm though was there? I think it was more nerves and apprehension on our part than anything else. They never really put us under real pressure or created a clear cut chance other than their goal. 

Storm might be overstating it but they we were letting them get the ball into some dangerous areas, or at least they felt dangerous when the score was 2-1. 

4 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

image.gif.787289e84ba8e88e1167cc4c95a54685.gif

Fucking nearly there :lol:

No magpies on the dog walk this morning but think I exchanged pleasantries with @Gemmill family. Wives sniffed each others arses.

That does sound like my stepmam.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Not sure why they played half their 1st team. Weird decision from De Zerbi.

Is it though? Thinking of next season and virtually zero chance of a CL spot. In a game where the opposition are highly motivated and at home in a hostile atmosphere. Plus they’ve still got 3 games left and a Europa league spot still very much a priority. You’ve got to spread your chips a bit sometimes at the end of the season 

5 minutes ago, Alex said:

Is it though? Thinking of next season and virtually zero chance of a CL spot. In a game where the opposition are highly motivated and at home in a hostile atmosphere. Plus they’ve still got 3 games left and a Europa league spot still very much a priority. You’ve got to spread your chips a bit sometimes at the end of the season 

Arsenal were highly motivated as well. And they have Man City to play at home and Villa away. Seems like a  big gamble not to just play your big players. They could have easily got a point tonight with a strong line up.