Sandro Tonali

wykikitoon

FFS. If guilty, hopefully it's whilst he was in Milan and has nothing to do with any of our games or other players. Wonder if there is a concerted  effort across football to try and clamp down on this. Seems odd that there are a few high profile cases at the same time. 

Just now, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

If it’s criminal the club can sue to get the transfer money off him.

They want to hope some of his fucking bets came off then.

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

It's confirmed Tonali has been sent home from the Italy camp. If it's a criminal investigation that suggests it's spot fixing or similar as opposed to just general betting. The fucking tit

It might explain why Milan were so willing to get rid.

30 minutes ago, ewerk said:

It might explain why Milan were so willing to get rid.

Were they though? Hes the second most expensive sale in their history.

1 hour ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Could be a massive storm in a teacup tbf, we’ll just have to see how it pans out. Paqueta is still turning out every week after all that shite came out in the summer

How long did it take to sort Toney out?  Now look at his value!

Allegedly the media have the wrong end of the stick here; Zaniolo and Tonali have been sent home in disgrace for not being involved in match fixing.

• Haha 13

For Paqueta the bets seem to be coming from Brazil themselves on him getting yellow cards in specific matches, using west Hams betting partner, betway... so for Paqueta it doesnt look like he was placing the bets himself but looks shady as the bets were coming from his hometown. Plus it being in Brazil its likely going to be harder to find evidence of any wrongdoing.

For Tonali, all he is involved in at the minute is an investigation. Plenty of times someone has been interviewed by police and that's it, so he may well be innocent. Just ask Monkeys Fist...

If he is guilty then he will have to pay the consequences according to the law.

Maybe the reason he looks so glum is that he hasn't won any of his bets yet!

28 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Grim thought but what would happen if it turns out to be true? You'd think anything over a year would be a contract cancellation but that leaves us massively out of pocket.

If it happens, will it not just be a ban in Italy? - so he's free to play anywhere else, so not impacting us at all.

5 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

If it happens, will it not just be a ban in Italy? - so he's free to play anywhere else, so not impacting us at all.

That would be the ideal outcome for us, but I'm not sure exactly how it works if it is indeed a criminal situation.

Any ban would be enforced world wide. Tottenham's DoF (Patrici I think) was banned in Italy and then enforced worldwide which is why he left.

Chelsea were able to sue Adrian Mutu personally for damages when he got himself banned due to testing positive for coke. I'm not sure whether the fact that the alleged offences happened at his previous club will affect that.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Alex said:

Wouldn’t we claim on the insurance if it came to his not being able to play for us? 

I'm not sure it would be that straightforward. Might be easier just to get Big Joe to dish out a two footed career ender in training.

• Haha 3

I've just read that Tonali and another player have admitted to betting on cards, but have distanced themselves from any betting on matches. Tonali, Zaniolo etc are friends with the fella who's admitted to betting on matches other than the ones he's played in himself, so maybe they went through his phone and are interviewing anyone who seems suspicious. So we just have to that betting on cards is all that Sandro was up to.  

2 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

I've just read that Tonali and another player have admitted to betting on cards, but have distanced themselves from any betting on matches. Tonali, Zaniolo etc are friends with the fella who's admitted to betting on matches other than the ones he's played in himself, so maybe they went through his phone and are interviewing anyone who seems suspicious. So we just have to that betting on cards is all that Sandro was up to.  

So I'm going to be honest here and say my interpretation of 'betting on cards' is poker. I assume it's not that though because I don't see why they would need to 'admit' it - so what is meant by that phrase?

7 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

So I'm going to be honest here and say my interpretation of 'betting on cards' is poker. I assume it's not that though because I don't see why they would need to 'admit' it - so what is meant by that phrase?

I suspect it's a case of them saying "all we've done is played cards for money" and that's been reported as "admitted to betting on cards"

• Like 2