Sandro Tonali

wykikitoon

10 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

I said that before this betting scandal. Italians struggle to settle in PL. They are real hit or miss. Mainly miss.

Not when Maldini comes in as technical director and brings a cohort of his pals over. Maldini will know which ones have a paddy power account too ensuring we avoid such occurrences in the future.

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

He looked a hit when he was playing tbf. The period training under Howe won't have doje him any harm either. Common sense will prevail here and he'll be lining up at the start of next season. 

I don't share your optimism. I think the scroats at the FA will use him as an example, and there'll evidently be considerable support from other clubs in the league. 

A great player he is but it does beg questions about the level of due diligence we did on the lad before spending £55m on him.

I reckon he’ll get done for breach of contract if there’s another ban on top of the current one. Hopefully the FA will see sense and any additional ban would be considered unduly harsh. I won’t hold by breath though. It would also be a harsh move by the club but they’d probably not really see any other option thanks to FFP rules. And if all that were to happen then I think his whole career would be in jeopardy. It would be a terrible way to treat an addict imo. I’m not just saying that because he’s our player. As I tend to agree he’s not that likely to make it here either way 

12 minutes ago, Craig said:

I don't share your optimism. I think the scroats at the FA will use him as an example, and there'll evidently be considerable support from other clubs in the league. 

A great player he is but it does beg questions about the level of due diligence we did on the lad before spending £55m on him.

I don't agree on either point. The FA won't be canvassing for support from other clubs in their decision, it's nowt to do with them, and if someone has a gambling addiction in a profession where you're not allowed to gamble, he'd be keeping it well under wraps. 

He basically got found out cos that cunt at Villa (?) grassed on him. 

11 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

This is Toneys rap sheet, almost 300 in 4 years. Shady Sandy is on the rack for 50 in 3 months. I think he’s fucked tbh. he’s only been banned for the ones he put on  at Milan :cuppa:

IMG_4089.jpeg

Other than the FA treating his betting in Italy and England as one breach at the moment, that’s all accurate

He’s not been punished for betting on premier league games. Seeing as it’s an addiction issue and he’s only harming himself it would be beyond harsh to ban him again. A ban suspended for 5 years or something would be appropriate so he’s certainly less tempted to do it again. A block on betting apps from App Store or Google play would help too .But maybe he moved from Italy to England precisely because there’s several walk in bookies on most high streets whereas Italy doesn’t possess any :unsure: 

19 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

This is Toneys rap sheet, almost 300 in 4 years. Shady Sandy is on the rack for 50 in 3 months. I think he’s fucked tbh. he’s only been banned for the ones he put on  at Milan :cuppa:

IMG_4089.jpeg

The club will have been falling over themselves to comply with the FA investigation. They're not gonna hand him a ban that runs beyond the end of his existing one. 

He's been charged, he'll now plead no contest or whatever the FA charge equivalent is, and they'll quickly move to say due to the club and player's cooperation and the fact that he's already served a lengthy ban, he has a concurrent ban which ends at the same time as the other one. 

It's in nobody's interest to further punish the bloke. I caution you all to stop being ABSOLUTE BRENDAS about this whole thing. 

Some of you HAVE THE NERVE to call Craig Hope negative. 

6 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

But maybe he moved from Italy to England precisely because there’s several walk in bookies on most high streets whereas Italy doesn’t possess any :unsure: 

There's one just round the corner from that Wetherspoons he ended up in, for a start. THE PLOT THICKENS.

3 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

The club will have been falling over themselves to comply with the FA investigation. They're not gonna hand him a ban that runs beyond the end of his existing one. 

He's been charged, he'll now plead no contest or whatever the FA charge equivalent is, and they'll quickly move to say due to the club and player's cooperation and the fact that he's already served a lengthy ban, he has a concurrent ban which ends at the same time as the other one. 

It's in nobody's interest to further punish the bloke. I caution you all to stop being ABSOLUTE BRENDAS about this whole thing. 

That all does make sense but many of us did rather shrug off the charges last year too before he was suspended for 10 months :lol: 

I know its not the same thing but it's going to take a few more years of being run like a normal club before the ingrained bedwettingness subisdes from the general fan base. 

I get the points being made about Italians in the PL but I thought he was very promising before the ban. A proper Eddie Howe player with tehnical attributes on top. If he can put all this behind him and start the new season fully fit there's a good chance he can be a success. 

12 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Calm down Gemima  .. you’re the one having fits of the vapours but the rest of us need to cool it? :lol: 

He’ll start pre season in July looking to start the first game of the season or he won’t…we’ll have plenty of notice to make a plan if he receives another ban…. 

Just now, PaddockLad said:

Yeah but am very calm when I’m saying it and there’s fuck all we as fans can do anyway. You’re as usual metaphorically sat on top of a Christmas tree covered in glitter shouting “DONT PANIC” like some sort of camp Corporal Jones :lol: 

Let's remind ourselves about THAT SHIRT before we go throwing accusations of campness around. 

3 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Let's remind ourselves about THAT SHIRT before we go throwing accusations of campness around. 

Those of us thoroughly secure in our sexuality can carry these things off with aplomb mate :thumbup:

We also completely understand those who have difficulty with this sort of thing… DM me 😘

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.