Pre Season Friendlies

Kid Dynamite

4 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

According to. Com the first two villa goals came from midfield hesitancy. Something we saw in a couple of goals to the latter end of the season. 

Their opener came from Tonali getting dumped on his ass much to the amusement of Twitter it would seem. Hopefully he's able to come to terms with the physicality of the premiership very quickly.

10 minutes ago, MrBass said:

Their opener came from Tonali getting dumped on his ass much to the amusement of Twitter it would seem. Hopefully he's able to come to terms with the physicality of the premiership very quickly.

From what I've seen, way too much is being made of that challenge. It will take him a while to get used tot he league, but frankly every time he's bundled off the ball, or Barnes doesn't beat a man, or our next signing fails to do something it'll be jumped on. We did so well in our first few windows, any perceived misstep will be held up as some kind of proof that those windows were flukey or something.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, The Fish said:

From what I've seen, way too much is being made of that challenge. It will take him a while to get used tot he league, but frankly every time he's bundled off the ball, or Barnes doesn't beat a man, or our next signing fails to do something it'll be jumped on. We did so well in our first few windows, any perceived misstep will be held up as some kind of proof that those windows were flukey or something.

It looked to me like the villa player (Benduia?) simply had the momentum and angle of approach to be able to brush him aside. Maybe in a "proper" match Tonali would have hauled him down for a yellow which would have been acceptable. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, NJS said:

It looked to me like the villa player (Benduia?) simply had the momentum and angle of approach to be able to brush him aside. Maybe in a "proper" match Tonali would have hauled him down for a yellow which would have been acceptable. 

Aye, it was just a lunge that didn't pay off. Any other player and nowt would be said about it.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, NJS said:

Agreed, it’s a weird one for the twitter rabble to jump on Tonali missed the ball and then Buendia at full sprint clattered into him it’s not at all the physical battle people are making out, but I suppose that’s the level of football discourse nowadays. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Tom said:

Thats my cousins hummer and I’m the Tom in the article :lol: 

(now in the right thread)

Quality :lol:

I used to be a fan of Caulkin but his writing is increasingly pretentious 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

He’s been shite since he left the Times and went to The Athletic seemingly. Not sure what happened. He always came across as a good lad too. I guess sone writers need that guidance in terms of being told about the angle expected or the focus of their work. And can go off on one without that 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

I feel that’s how a lot have went after joining the Athletic. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Seems like a hell of a grift though. Most of them only write one article a week and talk shite on a podcast. True Faith do that for fuck all, the clowns

Judging by the clobber the likes of Luke Edward's wear, sports journalism much pay fucking peanuts tbh

• Haha 1

Strong team to start, quite a few names missing from the bench though! No Bruno, Wilson, Barnes, Targett, Lascelles....

Perfect run and finish from wor Miggy to equalise against Chelsea. All the purple patch haters can pipe down 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Miley looks like a talent, seemed so comfortable on the ball. 

Gordon and Isak switched positions a couple of times. Gordon did well, good play to create the goal and seems to be getting more used to the team's style. Heavy first touches on a couple of occasions but he's got the right ideas.

Isak didn't get in the game much, had 3-4 great moments when he went out wide. Completely different level to anyone else on the pitch when he turns it on. 

35 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

Miley looks like a talent, seemed so comfortable on the ball.

Big kid also, not at all out of place or outmuscled at only 17.

https://youtu.be/MLeaGOLZrcA

Yes the above vid has them. A very good chance from our young defender who came on when Schär went off with a knock, and a mazy run from Isak that lead to a shot from the top of the box from Miley. Miley didn't get behind it enough, sidefooted with no pace.

• Thanks 1