We Are United

Christmas Tree

5 minutes ago, Renton said:

I

Financially this is true but don't underestimate the effect failure to win trophies has had on the collective psyche of NUFC. Until we win something we're losers. Coming 4th isn't winning anything. I'd take a cup win over the CL every day of the week. 

Totally agree. The owners probably preferred top 4 last season though 

27 minutes ago, RobinRobin said:

But qualifying for the CL allows us the revenue to get and pay the players who will give us the best chance to win those cups. Chicken and egg I suppose. 

Yep, if we won the Carabao Cup with its paltry prize money and finished fifth in the league we maybe sign Barnes but none of the others. Finishing fourth will advance our progression more than winning a cup, once we're consistently top four contenders, with our ownership, it would seem to only be a matter of time before we win a cup.

9 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

Episodes 3 and 4 are up on Amazon Prime at the moment. Don't know if it's a mistake- I thought it was weekly

Am guessing viewing numbers haven’t been stellar so they’ve decided to just chuck it on.

1 hour ago, RobinRobin said:

But qualifying for the CL allows us the revenue to get and pay the players who will give us the best chance to win those cups. Chicken and egg I suppose. 

What? :lol:

It's not chicken and egg though. Winning a trophy is the ultimate outcome, the intended destination. So if we win a cup, we're there. If we continue to get top 4 and win fuck all, we're not there are we?

Now you might say CL football gives us the best chance of winning multiple cups at some point in the hypothetical future, but then again, this is the 4th time we've qualified in this position and that's not happened, has it? Just fucking win something lads 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

Episodes 3 and 4 are up on Amazon Prime at the moment. Don't know if it's a mistake- I thought it was weekly

43 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Aye, I’ve just finished the second and the third has automatically started

Can't get it on mine? 

Don't know if it's been posted on another thread, but supposedly on one of the episodes it's revealed that Adidas will be making our shirts from next season on. Great fucking news if true. 

8 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

Don't know if it's been posted on another thread, but supposedly on one of the episodes it's revealed that Adidas will be making our shirts from next season on. Great fucking news if true. 

There's been some horrendous Adidas kits the last couple of years, hope they make an effort for us and no fucking blank patch on the back. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

There's been some horrendous Adidas kits the last couple of years, hope they make an effort for us and no fucking blank patch on the back. 

In terms of quality they won't be worse, and more importantly we'll get massive increase in money from them compared to Castore. I'd also imagine you get the shirt design you deserve, as in if you don't collaborate and just leave it to them they won't pull any trees up for you. The people that run the club, if true to form, will be all over every detail given how keen they are to build the brand, and increase the revenue, of the club. 

• Like 1

Just now, Polarboy said:

In terms of quality they won't be worse, and more importantly we'll get massive increase in money from them compared to Castore. I'd also imagine you get the shirt design you deserve, as in if you don't collaborate and just leave it to them they won't pull any trees up for you. The people that run the club, if true to form, will be all over every detail given how keen they are to build the brand, and increase the revenue, of the club. 

I'd hope so, obviously hoping we get a very significant increase in revenue. This 'fair market price' seems to priced in to assume we're still a Mike Ashley club or so it sometimes seems. 

6 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

I'd hope so, obviously hoping we get a very significant increase in revenue. This 'fair market price' seems to priced in to assume we're still a Mike Ashley club or so it sometimes seems. 

Someone on twitter was saying that Spurs get 30m per year, and Citeh get 65m, so I think something between 35 and 45m pr would be more than fair. If we qualify for the CL again this year we can push for the higher end of that no problem. Well I say that, but obviously common sense and the way they calculate "fair market value" could be two very different things. Fair market value is largely just a euphemism for what money you're allowed if you are or aren't one of the "legacy/top six" clubs. 

Edited by Polarboy

Obviously this is just a guess in terms of what the Adidas money will be, but imagine going from 12m a year to 50-65m a year. I'm not even bothered at the minute about us being able to afford elite wages, but if we keep this up we'll be in that bracket pretty soon. I say not bothered, but obviously if the young players we've bought develop in the way we hope, and we consistently achieve success, such as top 4/5 etc, they'll most likely be looking for pay rises soon enough. We just have to hope our commercial end and the rest who run the club get their figures right, and we don't turn into Leicester in terms of an unmanageable wage bill. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Renton said:

What? :lol:

It's not chicken and egg though. Winning a trophy is the ultimate outcome, the intended destination. So if we win a cup, we're there. If we continue to get top 4 and win fuck all, we're not there are we?

Now you might say CL football gives us the best chance of winning multiple cups at some point in the hypothetical future, but then again, this is the 4th time we've qualified in this position and that's not happened, has it? Just fucking win something lads 

I agree with you just pointing out that we're likely to need better players to get there regularly.

While I want us to win a cup I'm greedy and old enough to want it regularly to make up for the last 60 years. 👍 

I have Amazon Prime, but the documentary is not available for Spain. (And I think it's not possible to fix it with VPN because they are somehow different platforms I think)

I am getting the chapters to download, but I need subtitles, even if they are in English. Does anyone know of a way to get them?

Of course it's boring, you fucking morons aren't the target audience. You already spend hours everyday on a NUFC supporters message board, listen to podcasts about the club, live and breath everything NUFC.

It's for the non supporters, for the twats that scream sportswashing, for those in the US who are finding sawker and looking for a team to support, you bastids have already lived it, the producers don't care what you think.

Most of it seems candid which is good, there are a few horror frankengrabs making the corporates say what they want in 6 words instead of 60 but my biggest surprise is, this is Sima, ffs I always thought she was a grumpy middleaged he!

sima.thumb.png.28706787b83bc6a8d9a2ce32be11eb07.png

• Haha 11

2 hours ago, Diego21 said:

I have Amazon Prime, but the documentary is not available for Spain. (And I think it's not possible to fix it with VPN because they are somehow different platforms I think)

I am getting the chapters to download, but I need subtitles, even if they are in English. Does anyone know of a way to get them?

It wasn't on AU prime either, but I watched using similar to VPN (really just a DNS redirect) and logging on from amazon.co.uk.

And now it's available on AU Prime (only the first 2 episodes).

• Like 1

I did notice (I’ve only seen episode one) that loads (nearly all) of the fans shown seemed to be wearing old adidas NUFC clobber. It did occur to me it might be a sign that adidas were going to take over as kit manufacturer. As there was so much of the stuff it looked like it had been supplied