Eddie and Mad Dog's Ponderous and Clumsy Useless Shites v The Ghost of Ivan Toney's, can I get 3/1 for that, Bees

sammynb

14 minutes ago, Howay said:

Not sure I follow why some are saying the pen was harsh? It was a stupid and rash play by their keeper, Gordon got to the ball and was going to keep it in play before he was wiped out by the keeper. Stone wall penalty imo, there’s an argument over the second (even though for me it’s still a pen, regardless of people calling it harsh I’d argue it was harsh on us since the ball was blocked from going to Wilson who would have probably scored) but I can’t see anything soft about the foul on Gordon - it was stupid by the keeper who had lost control of his slide a goal kick would have been ridiculous given we had the ball and a keeper way out of goal. 

I think 'technically' its a pen, but Gordon was looking for it and he sorts of falls into the keeper. Clever play and all but its one of those I'd be incensed at if it was the other way around. 

Just now, aimaad22 said:

I think 'technically' its a pen, but Gordon was looking for it and he sorts of falls into the keeper. Clever play and all but its one of those I'd be incensed at if it was the other way around. 

Why because Pope fucked up? 

1 minute ago, Howay said:

But the player has his arm in an absurd position for me, you shouldn’t be raising your arm above your head like that as it’s always a risk. It might be harsh in that the ball come from behind but he’s blocked what probably would have been a goal, or at least a clear goal scoring chance, with his arm which to me is harsher. Similar was given against us iirc last season against this team when Burn had a handball. 

How do you jump without using your arms for leverage with a player on your back too? 

3 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

Disagree tbh, Gordon had put himself in the way and in a position to keep the ball in play the keeper just wiped him out. I’d be fuming if our goalkeeper went in like that when there was no need whatsoever. 

• Like 3
  • Jaysus... 1

2 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

How do you jump without using your arms for leverage with a player on your back too? 

I don’t jump with my hands up like that tbh, his arms are above his head and they have no need to be. I still go back to he had his hands in a high position needlessly, blocked a clear goal scoring opportunity. People say it’s harsh to their player but it’s also harsh to us. Plus as I say Burn conceded a similar one last season to this lot. 

Also funny the logic wasn’t extended to the position of Wilson’s arms for the ruled out goal. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Howay said:

Disagree tbh, Gordon had put himself in the way and in a position to keep the ball in play the keeper just wiped him out. I’d be fuming if our goalkeeper went in like that when there was no need whatsoever. 

Aye the way the game is it's a blatant pen. I'd be angry at Pope cos they all know the crack.

The second one is dubious but it did stop us scoring like. I'm lost with the rules on handball now so just like to shout.

• Like 2

This is why I say it was a pen btw. As last season we were told by the whole media that Burn had his arm in an unnatural position as it was high, it blocked a chance etc. now I’m hearing similar voices in the press saying it would have been harsh. Either stick to the rule or fix the rule, increasingly growing bored of the inconsistency and poor standards. 

IMG_4988.jpeg

IMG_4989.jpeg

• Like 4

Today wasn't the best showing from either side. We were nervous in possession, sloppy, and lacked creativity compared with most of least season. Brentford wasted the few chances they had. Not all matches in the Premier league are great, although our last 2 home games were good adverts for the game even if we were sucker punched by Liverpool. 

But listen to this Mackem knacker. The Northern League is faster apparently, and the players show more effort. Guess he was gutted the Mackems didn't go down a few more tiers. Top of the Northern league division 1 is Shildon currently. I honestly don't even know where that is. 

Screenshot_20230916_223408_Chrome.thumb.jpg.3cac58a0dc4c7b244e591753aede31c6.jpg

• Haha 5

:lol: So from the sounds of his post the PL is far better to watch than the less skillful less talented version. There’s also not a single chance the game is faster at that level and anyone that says it is simply doesn’t understand the game :lol:

• Haha 1

Something still doesn't look right, the team isn't pressing the way they did last season. Many of you said Gordon had a great game, yes there was lots of tireless running and he did well to earn the pen but his final ball and a lot of the time he seems to be on his heels when he should be anticipating things. Though Barnes also had a touch of the Miggy's today with wanting to constantly come inside on his favoured foot.

Burn got caught out early but after the first 20 minutes he had their right wing under control. Bruno's was more like his old self and Longy made a huge difference. I think with Bruno and Longstaff on the pitch, we probably would have got more out of Miggy today than Gordon but who knows.

The thing for me about the overturned penalty is the referee has blown straight away and we had possession and yet he restarts it by giving an uncontested drop ball to their keeper - forgetting all the was it, should it, why the fuck does the team with possession lose the ball in that circumstance?

Three points is three points, so onwards, they just need to get this nervous shite out of their game, too many aimless or hit and hope balls being played atm.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Let's totally ignore that though.

Lmao, an overhit cross from Barnes that missed all newcastle players in the box and fell to a Brentford player who played a poor backpass to his GK and then HC threw himself in front of it so we got a soft penalty.

That was creating a "chance" to you? get out:lol:

You're clutching desperately drowning3.jpg?itok=tjnXEsyr

5 hours ago, Howay said:

This is why I say it was a pen btw. As last season we were told by the whole media that Burn had his arm in an unnatural position as it was high, it blocked a chance etc. now I’m hearing similar voices in the press saying it would have been harsh. Either stick to the rule or fix the rule, increasingly growing bored of the inconsistency and poor standards. 

IMG_4988.jpeg

IMG_4989.jpeg

I think the fact that it came of his head first made the difference. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sammynb said:

Something still doesn't look right, the team isn't pressing the way they did last season. Many of you said Gordon had a great game, yes there was lots of tireless running and he did well to earn the pen but his final ball and a lot of the time he seems to be on his heels when he should be anticipating things. Though Barnes also had a touch of the Miggy's today with wanting to constantly come inside on his favoured foot.

Burn got caught out early but after the first 20 minutes he had their right wing under control. Bruno's was more like his old self and Longy made a huge difference. I think with Bruno and Longstaff on the pitch, we probably would have got more out of Miggy today than Gordon but who knows.

The thing for me about the overturned penalty is the referee has blown straight away and we had possession and yet he restarts it by giving an uncontested drop ball to their keeper - forgetting all the was it, should it, why the fuck does the team with possession lose the ball in that circumstance?

Three points is three points, so onwards, they just need to get this nervous shite out of their game, too many aimless or hit and hope balls being played atm.

I agree with a lot of that. We aren’t pressing like we did last year and the patterns of play just aren’t there. Very disjointed but hopefully it was just nervousness.

Also agree about Gordon. Looked good in flashes but not sure he’ll ever have much end product and will be much like Almiron.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

Lmao, an overhit cross from Barnes that missed all newcastle players in the box and fell to a Brentford player who played a poor backpass to his GK and then HC threw himself in front of it so we got a soft penalty.

That was creating a "chance" to you? get out:lol:

You're clutching desperately drowning3.jpg?itok=tjnXEsyr

Please go to sleep you boring bastard

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Jaysus... 1

7 hours ago, sammynb said:

not read through the thread so I'm sure it's probably already been said, but I think yesterday was one of those games where the 3 points was infinitely more important than the performance. had the feeling of the wolves game at home last season where we had to stop the rot and did..... just.

was strangely subdued in the car on the way back last night with not much analysis, but then what was there was to talk about really? was a poor game and a definite penalty.

man of the match was the corner of the gallowgate who never stopped trying to lift the team, hat doffed. I was in there yesterday for the first time since I jacked me season ticket in and only a few yards away from me old seat so saw one or two old faces again which was nice.   :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Holden McGroin said:

Also agree about Gordon. Looked good in flashes but not sure he’ll ever have much end product and will be much like Almiron.

He's 22, just won player of the tournament in the u21s and won us the penalty that won the game yesterday. Give him a break man :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

He's 22, just won player of the tournament in the u21s and won us the penalty that won the game yesterday. Give him a break man :lol: 

I’ve never slagged a player off at match (I think the most I’ve ever done was sigh at Warren Barton - who was absolute shite) but I’m allowed an opinion. 

Obviously he does have a lot of room for improvement and if he can work on his end product then we’ll have a player on our hands. But he doesn’t look natural finisher like Barnes does.

Seems like a decent lad as well.

9 hours ago, Howay said:

:lol: So from the sounds of his post the PL is far better to watch than the less skillful less talented version. There’s also not a single chance the game is faster at that level and anyone that says it is simply doesn’t understand the game :lol:

Or the meaning of complicated words like ‘faster’ 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1