Eddie Howe, the god-like genius, and his injury-ravaged sausage-shaking title contenders v some tin pot club on the south coast

Dr Gloom

The way these are playing here if we had a full squad we'd be 3 up by now. They are defensively suspect, but we don't have the quality on the pitch to exploit it, it seems.

Funny thing, I used to hate the international break cos there's no decent club football and fuck internationals. But now I look forward to them just so our players get a break and some injuries/suspensions back. :lol: Ridiculous. 

• Like 3

We really need something different up top to Gordon. He's not strong enough to retain the ball back to goal against premier league central defenders. Unfortunately that doesn't exist on our bench. Honestly is Chris Wood was still in our squad he'd have started today.

Thanks once again FFP.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Renton said:

Funny thing, I used to hate the international break cos there's no decent club football and fuck internationals. But now I look forward to them just so our players get a break and some injuries/suspensions back. :lol: Ridiculous. 

So true.

3 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Alan Smith proving he has no idea how fatigue works when he says "Newcastle WILL get better in the second half".

He seems to think our bench of all the talents will help us out.

Screenshot_20231111_182357_Google.jpg.051dafb49481bde367a6398ac60a44cd.jpg

Think About It GIF by Identity

I don't think Eddie will be too unhappy with that. Realistically speaking he'll be hoping to stay in the game and hope to knick a goal somewhere. 

We look absolutely drained. Willock needs to do more. And Joe is wasted up top. Longy looks absolutely battered too so at some point I'd seriously consider putting the academy lad on and taking longy off with Joe moving back on the middle of the park. 

Don't want to pick him out but hall has looked out of his depth, doesn't look ready yet. I know they're knackered but we really need it to stick a bit more up top. 

Edited by Howmanheyman
  • Like 2

Still think there’s a decent chance we Shithouse this. It feels like a game with one goal in it and I do feel that Livramento’s introduction might help us quite a bit. We’re struggling to keep the ball and when we get it, we’re forcing it when we don’t need to. If Howe is brave enough, maybe one of the children will win it