Of course we start going on a run of some sort now. Martin Dubravkas going down easy to annoy a portuguese bloke Mags vs Anges great attacking side who have actually scored less than us whatevers.

Andrew

Krafth under Howe has been decent. Today again.  Which, still makes me scratch my head why he wasnt used more to take some pressure off Trippier earlier.

Thought Krafth struggled in the last two/three outings but sometimes you need a run of games to get settled and get going. If Livramento is fit going into Palace, he has to play but today’s performance by Krafth shows that these fringe players need time to get up to speed. He’s, at worst, solid and if he went somewhere and played every week, he’d probably do well

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Krafth under Howe has been decent. Today again.  Which, still makes me scratch my head why he wasnt used more to take some pressure off Trippier earlier.

he was unimpressive against Fulham at full back. Loads of our attacks died when he had space in front of him to run into but instead chose to check back and pass it sideways. Is he a better at centre back perhaps? 

• Like 1

He is defensively sound but lacks the physical ability to be a regular CB. He never seems to let us down. I can’t remember him getting skinned off the top of my head as well.

I can't get to a game and this cunt does? Fuck right off. Seriously. I'll never be back again. It's not a one off more's the pity. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Renton said:

Yeah, this was really encouraging. 

He's used plan Bs before. Don't buy into that shite media narrative. We set up like this against City didn't we? Against Wolves at home and Villa away we sat back and hit them on the counter too. Which is why people questioned going not doing more of that in the games in between. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

He's used plan Bs before. Don't buy into that shite media narrative. We set up like this against City didn't we? Against Wolves at home and Villa away we sat back and hit them on the counter too. Which is why people questioned going not doing more of that in the games in between. 

Well aye, he's been flexible before but as you say not enough times. Isak commented on the change of tack in the post match interview. I just thought he got the tactics spot on today in a particularly difficult situation given the player availability. It's still the element of his game he needs to improve on most imo, even more so changing within games possibly, his man management is second to none. 

• Like 4

He'll have learnt a lot from this season no doubt. Admittedly I've been frustrated at times too not least when Burn was getting rinsed down the left every week. Generally speaking he's just had very little tools at his disposal this season. 

Absolutely incredible we're 6th right now and Spurs and Villa fans genuinely soiling themselves looking at the fixture list. 

I think catching them might be a step too far for now but what an effort. I honestly thought 8th would be the best we could hope for. 

• Like 3

:lol: it’s like that every time we give sides like this a kicking, just happened to be their one bad game. Van Der Ven is the best defender in the PL but happened to have his only bad game in 8 months today (according to spurs fans) no coincidence at all eh :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Howay said:

:lol: it’s like that every time we give sides like this a kicking, just happened to be their one bad game. Van Der Ven is the best defender in the PL but happened to have his only bad game in 8 months today (according to spurs fans) no coincidence at all eh :lol: 

Did they not say that today was the first time he has been up against someone? I wonder what he has been doing in his other games?

• Haha 4

If the narrative goes back to Newcastle winning because other teams have had a bad game and it not be down to us, we may just sneak the fourth place this year. Fixture may go in our favour and we seem to like this narrative.

33 minutes ago, trophyshy said:

MOTD was a bit bizarre.  The marrative was that spurs were shit?  I mean they were.  But still.  

Mackemedia marra. 

• Haha 6

Watching the highlights, Anderson worried that isaks second was offside when hes two yards inside his own half as its played :lol:

• Haha 3

I don't think we've got a chance of getting 4th, but I think we are a good shout for 6th. 15th May at Old Trafford could be interesting 

3 hours ago, aimaad22 said:

He'll have learnt a lot from this season no doubt. Admittedly I've been frustrated at times too not least when Burn was getting rinsed down the left every week. Generally speaking he's just had very little tools at his disposal this season.

With Howe you know he is always looking to improve not only the team but his own management, you just won't hear anything said about it until after the fact as he is very guarded.

• Like 3

I'm about to fire up MOTD now. I think there is a canny big story in how shit Spurs are. They've only played their PL games really this season, cos they got dumped out of the domestic cups sharpish and had no Europe.

With their squad and that light of a schedule, they should be much closer to the title race, but instead they only won away once since December and are now clinging on to a battle for 4th/5th with a Villa side that still has (albeit shit) Europe to contend with. 

Postecoglou has been getting away scot free with the media for a while now. 

Edited by Gemmill
  • Like 3