General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

Fuck me this is doing my head in now :( So many people losing their jobs when is it going to end???

One of my biggest clients, MJN fucking went bust this morning, it's mental. If they were a football team it would be like Everton going bust they're a big player, it'll probably be on the news later, 1,000 peoples jobs gone, and probably 120 in Gateshead. FFS.

MJN Colstons pulled out of the breakaway group of contractors before xmas Stevie, maybe this was why. Have they had any major jobs go tits up lately?

Aye I know they did, NGB thinking of doing the same, they've had a few bigguns go south aye, main contractors falling, but it's mismanagement they've taken jobs on at stupid prices, they've got loads on, loads and other M&E contractors are circling like fucking sharks less than three hours since it was announced to the workforce. I've benefited already to be honest, but it's not nice for these poor cunts losing their jobs.

Baileys as well? Tbh I thought it was a done deal but maybe they're (rightly) thinking that the whole thing is unworkable and is going to be an admin nightmare. There's been loads of protests around the country about it but none have made the national media. Hmmm.

Sounds like Colstons were "buying" work, sure sign of a recession induced panic to take jobs at any cost. You busy in general at the moment? Apart from placing Colstons blokes with other contractors this morning?!

Baileys as well? Tbh I thought it was a done deal but maybe they're (rightly) thinking that the whole thing is unworkable and is going to be an admin nightmare. There's been loads of protests around the country about it but none have made the national media. Hmmm.

Sounds like Colstons were "buying" work, sure sign of a recession induced panic to take jobs at any cost. You busy in general at the moment? Apart from placing Colstons blokes with other contractors this morning?!

It's not like 2007, but at the same time it's not like 2009 neither. Sort of in between, got to work harder to find the jobs though, luckily I have some clients who only come to me, or I'd be fucked.

I've done 15k this year so far which is very good in the circumstances.

Yeah, spark by trade. Now quality control engineer, doing marine atm. Its been a good place to hide out from the recession. Job might be going north sometime in the next 18 months so I might just stick with it. Fancy a return "home", but I've been in the south for over 20 years so its a tricky one, lots of ties down here.

Yeah, spark by trade. Now quality control engineer, doing marine atm. Its been a good place to hide out from the recession. Job might be going north sometime in the next 18 months so I might just stick with it. Fancy a return "home", but I've been in the south for over 20 years so its a tricky one, lots of ties down here.

There was a place in Jarrow or Hebburn big player looking for a design engineer on the marine side last year, I forget who, its not my fortee like I'm more commercial.

Have I missed why Alex's account is down to a guest one? Hope he's alreet.

taking a break, wanted it deleted

To his "real world" mates on here please send him my / our best.

Ive locked horns with him plenty of the last few years (usually good natured) and I do find him quite a funny and very knowledgeable poster.

Hope every things ok and look forward to having him back one day.

AW I havent been on here much lately...so I missed Alex going :o Hope he comes back, he's one of the good guys.

Its odd not having him post

:( Why did he delete his account though? That is so final.

AW I havent been on here much lately...so I missed Alex going :o Hope he comes back, he's one of the good guys.

Its odd not having him post

:( Why did he delete his account though? That is so final.

Asked Ant. He obviously knew the pull was too strong for him :(

Come back alex, we miss you!

Does anybody know any buses that take you to away games and let you drink?!

IMG_0423.jpg

Leaves at beer o'clock.

2 litre bottle of coke with a rough 60/40 split with vodka pre-made at home. No one knows about it, it's just a bottle of pop. :good: