General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

It's ITN ffs. Their lead story today was that some soldiers are coming back with mental problems but the MOD are doing a good job of helping them. Well that's okay then, what's the problem?

Two things. This solar storm, is this the worst the sun can dee like? It's over now and nothing happened. Secondly is anyone elses "whatsapp" fucked?

All this talk of huge solar storms hitting earth reminds me of a film starring Nicolas Cage which I recently endured with the missus. In the film, aliens try to abduct his son to save him as the sun is about to obliterate the face of the planet, such is the power of the sun. It does make you think, like. How does Cage get so many leading parts? :unsure2:

Two things. This solar storm, is this the worst the sun can dee like? It's over now and nothing happened. Secondly is anyone elses "whatsapp" fucked?

There's an update for whatsapp for iphone. Maybe there were glitches in all current versions.

He's a reasonably good mate. So not only do I have to pay for travel to Spain and accommodation but also hand him 150 quid for the pleasure.

Only the plus side it's only a loan really as I'll expect it all back next year.

Anyone still use torrents for :ninja: stuff? Been using Rapidshare (free version) for a long while now and had no bother but the speeds recently have been shite.

Debating on torrents or newsgroups now.

All this talk of huge solar storms hitting earth reminds me of a film starring Nicolas Cage which I recently endured with the missus. In the film, aliens try to abduct his son to save him as the sun is about to obliterate the face of the planet, such is the power of the sun. It does make you think, like. How does Cage get so many leading parts? :unsure2:

I now avoid any film with Cage in it. He's turned into a parody of himself. Apparently Ghostrider was particularly bad but nearly every film of his looks like a turkey these days

Anyone still use torrents for :ninja: stuff? Been using Rapidshare (free version) for a long while now and had no bother but the speeds recently have been shite.

Rapidshare put the speed limits and timers back on the free option when Megaupload went west. Must have been increased traffic and they said it was to give priority to paid users but was blatantly to get folk to sign up.

Main site I use (b*lt.cd) is Rapidshare orientated and Rshare have won court cases n shit in the light of the current clamp-downs so I took a chance on their 5 month subs. Its £25 or so and has paid for itself quite a few times over in a week so even if it all goes down its been worth it . Looked into the newsgroup thing (cheers again G) but just stuck with Rshare for now but will switch to newsgroups when/if Rshare teeters .

My Mam just said "I've left a couple of Magazine by your bed, if you get bored later" :faint:

Fortunately it was just two copies of The Mag, but I was worried for a moment there.

Rapidshare put the speed limits and timers back on the free option when Megaupload went west. Must have been increased traffic and they said it was to give priority to paid users but was blatantly to get folk to sign up.

Main site I use (b*lt.cd) is Rapidshare orientated and Rshare have won court cases n shit in the light of the current clamp-downs so I took a chance on their 5 month subs. Its £25 or so and has paid for itself quite a few times over in a week so even if it all goes down its been worth it . Looked into the newsgroup thing (cheers again G) but just stuck with Rshare for now but will switch to newsgroups when/if Rshare teeters .

Yeah, was hoping it wasn't just my connection. Used to pay for Rapidshare a while back but can't justify it atm, acquired a film last night using torrents and was getting over 1MB/s, haven't had that for a long while!

You can get the composite cables if need be but they'll set you back about a tenner. Are you trying to plug it into a modern telly?

Yep. Can't find the pads either, f knows where they are. :(

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-17356864

Saltburn seafront has been cordoned off by bomb squad due to a woman with "suspicious items" about her person.

On Look North, she appears to be dressed in Muslim get up.

She'll be gutted if she blows herself to Paradise only to be met by 72 Kevins.