General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

City fibre. Any customers yet on here? They're doing my street next week but from what I can see, the only providers for their 'fibre to the premises' seem to be ones I've never heard of bar Vodafone and talk talk. (And I wasn't impressed with the latter a few years ago). My max speed on the current fibre/copper line is usually 25 whatever it is? Anyone tried them and any idea what the cost is?

Fibre to the premises is holy grail territory - even virgin don't do that. 

I'd suggest it's only really appropriate for businesses but I don't know any of the costs for this option tbh. 

3 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

Ive been watching a few of these today, a few have gone around at the last minute.

Pray our team ditch the plane and take the coach this afternoon 

They'll struggle to get there by road, but it does Piss me off immensely that premier league players fly about everywhere anyway. Yet another reason to hate SKY TV.

13 minutes ago, NJS said:

Fibre to the premises is holy grail territory - even virgin don't do that. 

I'd suggest it's only really appropriate for businesses but I don't know any of the costs for this option tbh. 

Virgin do it but only in areas that already had cable with telewest > NTL > Virgin. I know there's some places in Newcastle, Gosforth or Jesmond  where BT supposedly put FTTP in for a trial a couple of years ago (probably as it would've been dear after the trial). 

On 17/02/2022 at 12:54, Alex said:

https://blog.gregwilson.co.uk/2020/02/andrew-weatherall/
Good read for any Andy Weatherall fans. It’s a couple of years now since he passed away 

Really nice article, he was such a talented man. You have to admire his integrity.

Not a festival lover but I always wanted to go to his festival in Carcassonne as it sounded absolutely brilliant.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Renton said:

I don't get it, why take the risk? Some of these landings look dodgy as fuck. They practically closed Heathrow for weeks during coronavirus and when that Icelandic volcano exploded, surely suspending landings for a few hours is sensible. I suppose some of these are too big to land elsewhere mind. I literally think my heart would explode if I was on one of these flights. 

Lot of fuel needed for a few hours circling, not to mention the congestion

9977DCCE-65C0-428D-AADC-8B4D88B574AF.jpeg

Great Britain fighting for their first medal  of this Winter Olympics. It is in Curling. One of the coolest Winter sports of the Olympics. I will keep you all posted. Gemmil especially.

37 minutes ago, Asprilla said:

I don’t know…! I just read that he’d snuck back on so I checked and his profile was there.

So you didn't read what I posted, which was a 3 minute read btw and explained exactly why you can still find about 6 Neil Young songs on spotify.

In summary since you evidently don't have three minutes; "Neil Young" exists on spotify because the likes of Eat. Pray. Love hold the rights to some of his songs due to film licensing, he can't have those removed.

So no, technically you didn't get it wrong there is a Neil Young profile on spotify, and if thats all you care about then bravo.

Is that the only point you were trying to make?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Andrew said:

So you didn't read what I posted, which was a 3 minute read btw and explained exactly why you can still find about 6 Neil Young songs on spotify.

In summary since you evidently don't have three minutes; "Neil Young" exists on spotify because the likes of Eat. Pray. Love hold the rights to some of his songs due to film licensing, he can't have those removed.

So no, technically you didn't get it wrong there is a Neil Young profile on spotify, and if thats all you care about then bravo.

Is that the only point you were trying to make?

6 songs is more than enough Neil Young for most people.

Fair point though he isn’t in control of his whole catalogue.