General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

On 14/01/2023 at 14:36, Monkeys Fist said:

Speaking of German Shepherds, I got attacked by one today. 

Stood at some bloke’s door, 7a.m. when the neighbour, who’s door was right beside, opened his door and let this furious beast, all teeth and anger, out. 
Straight up, paws on my chest, going for a face breakfast. 
I managed to grab it’s collar and get it away, then twisted it to choke the fucker and George Floyded it. 

Then the fucking owner had a go at me saying I was hurting his dog! 

Fuck me, it’s not the first time I’ve had to choke an angry bitch, but it was a bit early in the day for that kind of nonsense :lol:

I mean that's a funny story but honestly it's canny terrifying too when you think what it could do to a kid. If it were me I think I'd report the owner. 

34 minutes ago, Tom said:

I'm more worried it's an elaborate scam :lol: 

Make sure and record the serial number and send it to eBay before sending it out. It is quite possible he receives it then says it doesn’t work and sends you back a broken one.

• Like 1

Just now, ewerk said:

Make sure and record the serial number and send it to eBay before sending it out. It is quite possible he receives it then says it doesn’t work and sends you back a broken one.

Fucking hell. See this is why I don't use eBay, scammers paradise. 

Aye I once sent a football shirt to a bloke in Canada. He told eBay it "smelled of chemicals"'got his money back and I never seen the shirt again. :lol: 

I was £60 down and had nobody to go to. 

52 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Tbh my eBay policy is "No Returns" 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Renton said:

I mean that's a funny story but honestly it's canny terrifying too when you think what it could do to a kid. If it were me I think I'd report the owner. 

It was in Westerhope, the kid would probably skin it :lol:

On 14/01/2023 at 15:08, Gemmill said:

Fucking hell you were lucky. See this story about a 28 year old dog walker being killed by 8 dogs in a park in London. What a way to go. 

One Leonberger girly at a mere 11stone, collie, cockapoo and two daschunds (others not yet known).

I reckon the daschunds did it and are fitting up the big lass.

• Haha 1

@Tom I was baffled by your buyer overpaying but Craig's explanation actually seems completely plausible. For returns though you're shit out of luck if they report it as "item not as described" or damaged. Would be surprised if it's a scam though, especially if they've been on eBay at least a few years and have good feedback. Like ewerk said, get photos of the serial number. Also get a photo of the IMEI (turn it on and dial *#06# it'll pop up on screen). 

Since they overpaid, you've now got a bit of leeway for partial refunds if they get in touch moaning that it has scratches or scuffs they couldn't see in the photos. 

Honestly man, if it's any reassurance, the overwhelming majority of ebayers I've dealt with have been completely sound.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Renton said:

Fucking hell. See this is why I don't use eBay, scammers paradise. 

For buyers it's actually mostly fine, eBay generally always side with the buyer if there's any issues and it's probably no worse than Amazon in terms of counterfeit stiff. I've had to accept a return for a guitar pedal that the buyer said "didn't fit, clothes etc"  (fuck knows where he was trying to put it). For sellers it probably depends what you sell, but it's not hard to get fucked over selling on there, even if you're well versed in their policies.

I get messages all the time from other sellers on the eBay subreddit, all looking to exchange their "blocked buyer" lists. Funnily enough, I don't think I've ever blocked any buyers. People are fucking strange like but an overwhelming majority of folk aren't scam artists.

• Like 1

The worst experience I had with eBay was selling an iPhone on it. I listed it as not working/for parts and someone paid the full asking price, no returns accepted. Next thing the dickhead I sold it to issued a claim against me as it wasn’t as described. ebay sided with him and sent the cunt his money back. Obviously he had tried to fix it to sell on at a profit and realised he couldn’t so stuck a claim in.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ewerk said:

The worst experience I had with eBay was selling an iPhone on it. I listed it as not working/for parts and someone paid the full asking price, no returns accepted. Next thing the dickhead I sold it to issued a claim against me as it wasn’t as described. ebay sided with him and sent the cunt his money back. Obviously he had tried to fix it to sell on at a profit and realised he couldn’t so stuck a claim in.

Aye that's shite, what a wanker. Good chance I've seen that chancing cunt on the soldering subreddit begging for advice. That place has replaced r/diwhy for me in recent years for pure comedy value. Im not religious or spiritual at all but sometimes like to imagine karma catches up with folk like that prick. In a fair and just world his 400°C soldering iron has since fell and landed on his testicles.

Fighting returns claims as a seller on eBay (and Reverb) is usually futile though. I'm probably in a minority that most of the stuff I sell there is handmade and mainly attracts total anoraks (swear that's not a dig at @Gemmillor @sammynb) so I probably dont need to deal with the usual level of shithousery a lot of sellers do and I'm probably less jaded as a result. 

Edit: I'm already cringing at that "less jaded" remark less than an hour after posting it, fwiw. Right now Jaded might aswell be my middle name.

Edited by Blastronaut

Cheers for the advice lads! 

I’ll take a picture of the serial numbers etc etc, it works fine. I’m starting to think he’s more likely to be a daft lad who’s misunderstood eBay than a scammer. 

He could have scammed me at the buy it now price 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1

I bought a phone on eBay and the lass didn’t delete her photos. They were all quite innocent pictures of her dog until there was one of her pussy. It was an unsavoury 2am kebab shop affair. 

I left her positive feedback like.  

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, Tom said:

I’m starting to think he’s more likely to be a daft lad who’s misunderstood eBay than a scammer. 

He could have scammed me at the buy it now price 🤷🏻‍♂️

Aye that's my logic. Scam artist surely wouldn't play such a long game and pay over the odds for the sake of £300.

Plus it was arguably still the weekend. There's a good-to-fair chance I'll get a phone delivered on Wednesday and wonder where the fuck it came from until I get round to checking my bank statement.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, trophyshy said:

I bought a phone on eBay and the lass didn’t delete her photos. They were all quite innocent pictures of her dog until there was one of her pussy. It was an unsavoury 2am kebab shop affair. 

:lol:

I saw that advert too;

'iPhone for sale, £150 factory reset or £200 with my onlyfans content still in the photo gallery. No returns.'

I don't bother with apple so passed on it. 

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, trophyshy said:

Why was she taking her cat out to the takeaway at 2 in the morning???

• Haha 1

My only bad experience with eBay was when I sold a broadband router/firewall. He claimed it never worked and nicked the power supply.  Since then ive done no returns.  We had a bit of a ding-dong over DM and I was about to have a massive shit in a box and post it to him but the mrs stopped me.

Think Ebay stepped in and helped me but can't remember the end result. I think they paid for it as I couldn't do anything without the power supply. He clearly had been reported before.

Edited by Holden McGroin
  • Haha 2