General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

10 minutes ago, Renton said:

That's a pain. Still, my dead Christmas Tree in the garden has disappeared (arboreal type, I haven't murdered CT and buried him under the patio and started impersonating him on here as an alibi, honestly). Fuck knows where to, but not my problem any more. 

I’m not too bothered actually- I was/am planning on knocking a hole in the wall on the left where it joins the garage, and putting a gate in- this has saved me the bother of taking down the fence :lol:

Its even conveniently split the fence exactly where I needed it, so I can put it back up with new posts. 

Thanks Storm Whatever 

1 minute ago, Christmas Tree said:

:lol: I’ve put a complaint in. Expecting a call from @Rayvin imminently.

As the junior member of the modding team, this one is above my paygrade :cuppa: 

Suggest you drop MF a line about it ;) 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

They were blocking off the gap but more panels have now gone. Serves them right tbh.

Ah, so that’s your neighbours garden? 

So, until you fix it in 10 years, not only do they have to listen to your late-night ABBA disco-for-one, but they’ll get to see it too? 

Poor fuckers :lol:

Just now, Monkeys Fist said:

Ah, so that’s your neighbours garden? 

So, until you fix it in 10 years, not only do they have to listen to your late-night ABBA disco-for-one, but they’ll get to see it too? 

Poor fuckers :lol:

And it’s nearly hot tub season :lol: 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Renton said:

That's a pain. Still, my dead Christmas Tree in the garden has disappeared (arboreal type, I haven't murdered CT and buried him under the patio and started impersonating him on here as an alibi, honestly). Fuck knows where to, but not my problem any more. 

Just blown into my front garden :lol: 

CD65C22E-158C-44A8-A584-C37A5208494F.jpeg

I’d like to think it’s to troll racist cunts. But I think they’re quite often named by other countries’ Met Offices because they tend to hit Spain, Portugal, Iceland or wherever before here

Edited by Alex

7 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

I must admit, I wasn't just thinking this myself. :lol: (alternatively :jesuswept:

(Like Asprilla, he's 'just wondering' about stuff).

Screenshot_20220129-160528__01.jpg

Needs more flags on there 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Alex said:

I’d like to think it’s to troll racist cunts. But I think they’re quite often named by other countries’ Met Offices because they tend to hit Spain, Portugal, Iceland or wherever before here

Don't most hit Ireland first? I guess that means we can hoy the gammons some red meat with storm Packy. 

Also the last big one was named after a fucking elf and the next one is named after a soap opera ffs!

10 minutes ago, Renton said:

Don't most hit Ireland first? I guess that means we can hoy the gammons some red meat with storm Packy. 

Also the last big one was named after a fucking elf and the next one is named after a soap opera ffs!

Well I was thinking more Azores / Canaries /  areas of the Atlantic their fishermen might be in. But this was named by the Danes apparently (just looked it up) so the criticism is ‘wide of the mark’ either way. It’s a weird thing to be arsed about anyway but, as we know, the people who throw out the snowflake jibes are the ones who seem to get offended at the drop of a hat 

• Like 1

Hurricanes at least go up alphabetically so make a bit more sense, you might get a Zebediah in a bad season. But aye, gammons are truly snow flakes.

I'm, male, white, middle-aged. Stop discriminating against me! LM and HTL were classic gammons before the term was coined back in the day. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Renton said:

Hurricanes at least go up alphabetically so make a bit more sense, you might get a Zebediah in a bad season. But aye, gammons are truly snow flakes.

I'm, male, white, middle-aged. Stop discriminating against me! LM and HTL were classic gammons before the term was coined back in the day. 

Yeah it’s North Atlantic tropical storms, designated by the Americans that go A,B,C. Technically not just hurricanes as not all of them become hurricanes. But, aye, that’s logical in terms of naming them. I think they go through the whole alphabet and start again quite often for that reason (ie there being loads of tropical storms even in a normal season) 

Edited by Alex

It wasn't quite as bad down here, but in hindsight it was a funny day to pick for a long walk at the coast. Was bracing myself against pretty strong winds for most of the afternoon and lost a glove to the wind gods out on Southend Pier approximately three seconds after taking this pic. :lol: 

nka6uq.jpg

• Like 5