Jump to content

General Random Conversation..


Scottish Mag
 Share

Recommended Posts

Parent's house in the Sluice has lost a fence and some felt from the flat roof on their extension from the 90mph rooms. The same flat roof that leaks every time there's a bit of a storm. The same flat roof I've been on at them to get properly fixed for over a decade. But do they listen? NOoooOOOOOOOoooOOOOooooOooOooOooooooo

Edited by The Fish
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I worked in Hastings briefly. I hated every client I went to on principle, but this lot definitely seemed weird. 

I worked with a proper dopey senior manager from Cumbria down there. She was fit but dopey. Anyway we had a meeting with their CFO and he was explaining how they'd spent quite a bit of money that financial year upgrading their sea defences. 

We came out the meeting and she goes "I get that they had to upgrade, but I wonder why he felt the need to keep mentioning that they were cedar?" 

  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 29/11/2021 at 13:08, The Fish said:

Parent's house in the Sluice has lost a fence and some felt from the flat roof on their extension from the 90mph rooms. The same flat roof that leaks every time there's a bit of a storm. The same flat roof I've been on at them to get properly fixed for over a decade. But do they listen? NOoooOOOOOOOoooOOOOooooOooOooOooooooo

Make sure the new fence is made from cedar 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, The Fish said:

Aye, a mate lives in Wimborne and speaks often and poorly of the locals. All farmers and sailors.

 

1 . You're going to have to have a fuckin better reason than that to annhilate the current Mrs PL's home town chum 😡

 

2. Sounds like I might know your mate :lol:

 

 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Got home last night to discover several frantic voicemails from AO explaining they have accidentally delivered a more expensive laptop than the one I ordered. :lol: 

 

Just out of interest, how do I stand :lol: 

I'd imagine it's the same as when the bank accidentally puts too much money in your account. It's not yours so you have to give it back 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Possession is 9/10ths of the law and that's a FACT.

Tell them to go fuck themselves and you'll see them in court. 

This will lead to absolutely no further repercussions and you'll be home and dry and browsing dodgy porn on a 4k screen in absolutely no time.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Possession is 9/10ths of the law and that's a FACT.

Tell them to go fuck themselves and you'll see them in court. 

This will lead to absolutely no further repercussions and you'll be home and dry and browsing dodgy porn on a 4k screen in absolutely no time.

Funnily enough I learned about this saying in  A-Level Law many moons ago :lol:.

It just means that if you are in possession of something then the onus is on the owner to prove it's not yours. Which, given CT will have an email receipt for a different laptop, shouldn't be hard to do... Soz CT

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

 

1 . You're going to have to have a fuckin better reason than that to annhilate the current Mrs PL's home town chum 😡

 

2. Sounds like I might know your mate :lol:

 

 

Tories.

 

They're all Tories.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well I’ve literally got a DEGREE in law. So ignore the naysayers, CT. It’s legally yours and there’s nothing anyone (including J69) can do about it. And if you want to be doubly sure then get it up on eBay now. No laptop, no crime.

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...