General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

Your calming influence was sadly missed like :D

Fancy a pint on Sunday btw?

Possibly, out early doors like so expect the brown bottle, there's a lot of me mates out, some of the once a season mob, so aye mebeez but they'll be there. Tilley's like? I've taken Monday off work to toast what a magnificent job Alan has done for this club.

Guest alex
Your calming influence was sadly missed like :D

Fancy a pint on Sunday btw?

Possibly, out early doors like so expect the brown bottle, there's a lot of me mates out, some of the once a season mob, so aye mebeez but they'll be there. Tilley's like? I've taken Monday off work to toast what a magnificent job Alan has done for this club.

Tilley's beforehand, aye. Pop in if you get the chance.

Will stick this in here as I know not everyone regularly reads the long-term stickies:

Gaah. Just found out that two good friends are getting married in London on the day of the Great North Run. It's an evening bash only, 5pm-late, so I can probably make it back dahn here on the train for most of the event (or at least the boozy end of the proceedings), but I'll need to book on a specific train once the seats become available to avoid having to fork out silly amounts for an open return (and to get a seat!).

Does anyone who's done the run before know realistically how long I should factor in time-wise from crossing the finish line to getting out of the crowds, getting my stuff back and making it to Central Station, whether on the Metro or a shuttle bus or whatever?

Will stick this in here as I know not everyone regularly reads the long-term stickies:

Gaah. Just found out that two good friends are getting married in London on the day of the Great North Run. It's an evening bash only, 5pm-late, so I can probably make it back dahn here on the train for most of the event (or at least the boozy end of the proceedings), but I'll need to book on a specific train once the seats become available to avoid having to fork out silly amounts for an open return (and to get a seat!).

Does anyone who's done the run before know realistically how long I should factor in time-wise from crossing the finish line to getting out of the crowds, getting my stuff back and making it to Central Station, whether on the Metro or a shuttle bus or whatever?

Taxi is your only hope. Metro and ferry queues are thousands deep and hours long.

Quite a few of us lurk on Sea Way to pick up southerners wanting a fast getaway. Go past this point and it's about 3/4 me want to the Metro queue where your heart will sink.

Taxi is your only hope. Metro and ferry queues are thousands deep and hours long.

Quite a few of us lurk on Sea Way to pick up southerners wanting a fast getaway. Go past this point and it's about 3/4 me want to the Metro queue where your heart will sink.

You could of course offer the lad a personal service.

You know what it is about this board, it gets so much stick off other toon mb's, they think we're all stuck up posh cunts who talk about Garden Centres and Endowment Policies. However, I can honestly say I can't think of one charva on here. There's a few retired charva's I'd say but it's good to see.

That most magical feeling you get when you've just had a shower and you have a lovely, warm, clean towel draped over your head and pressed to your face. Those few moments when everthing else just pales into insignificance.

Maybe I'm alone in that, but I love it :D:blush:

Im quite unreliable though and may not be working. :D If I am I would happily oblige.

Im quite unreliable though and may not be working. :D If I am I would happily oblige.

You sell your services so well. :blush: Cheers for the advice though. With time being of the essence I suppose a cab is near-inevitable really.

Got a round in last neet right 4 treble whiskeys in "Coco V" a divvint even naa if its still called that, but ye naa where I mean. 4 treble whiskeys. The roond £27.60 (TWENTY SEVEN POUND SIXTY)

Got a round in last neet right 4 treble whiskeys in "Coco V" a divvint even naa if its still called that, but ye naa where I mean. 4 treble whiskeys. The roond £27.60 (TWENTY SEVEN POUND SIXTY)

I believe it's now called the Town Wall.

I believe it's now called the Town Wall.

Aye that rings a bell. You were right about the Forth selling Kirin, I really like the Forth like, was really nice upstairs on that balcony didnt even naa it was there.

:lol: aye drink prices are wild, the worst thing here is if you drink spirits+mixer, no where bar the odd weatherspoons here have the wee guns for coke etc,

so here you get hit 1.50+ for a bottle instead.

See when I was in Belfast I thought it was a cheap night out. See the blokes, all ugly cunts, but the women, I've never been anywhere where I've seen as many slim beautiful women as that neet club in the Oddessy like ever. I wasn't on nowt neither in case you ask, all night just everyone was lush, really friendly too. You get plenty lasses over here who are stunners but well up themselves, over there god, if Newcastle didn't exist and the IRA piped down Belfast would be a good place to live imo.

I was out for dinner in a hotel in London a couple of months ago and decided to go to the bar for a drink after. One JD, vodka and coke mixer came to £22. I've never been so tempted to tell a barman to take it back in my life.

:lol: aye drink prices are wild, the worst thing here is if you drink spirits+mixer, no where bar the odd weatherspoons here have the wee guns for coke etc,

so here you get hit 1.50+ for a bottle instead.

See when I was in Belfast I thought it was a cheap night out. See the blokes, all ugly cunts, but the women, I've never been anywhere where I've seen as many slim beautiful women as that neet club in the Oddessy like ever. I wasn't on nowt neither in case you ask, all night just everyone was lush, really friendly too. You get plenty lasses over here who are stunners but well up themselves, over there god, if Newcastle didn't exist and the IRA piped down Belfast would be a good place to live imo.

In the Odyssey seriously? honestly i wouldn't go near anywhere in that place even if i'd been told there was a free bar on the go, generally the only two places in there are The Beach Club and The Box, ones filled with orange skinned millies and the other is the under-age college type place(kevins).

Next time you're over goto the cathedral quarter, much better craic, and loads of nice wee bars like the duke of york and the spaniard etc.

Aye was 2004 I was there, you like walk over a bridge and its a big entertainment complex, there was a club in there, it was excellent. I don't usually like clubbing but was a mint neet there.