General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

Was up Eyemouth n Berwick, needed to help a relative with something last couple of days and took this pic last neet as the sun was setting...

2moyofq.jpg

One of the most underrated views in the British Isles in my opinion. Fuck me they drink up there though, whiskey with every pint, shit faced doesn't even cover the state of me on the train home.

Was up Eyemouth n Berwick, needed to help a relative with something last couple of days and took this pic last neet as the sun was setting...

2moyofq.jpg

One of the most underrated views in the British Isles in my opinion. Fuck me they drink up there though, whiskey with every pint, shit faced doesn't even cover the state of me on the train home.

Berwick upon Tweed is indeed one of the best kept secrets in the British Isles :lol:

Was home last weekend and the old man picked me up at the station...I had to go to the bank so we drove into town and eneded up going over the old bridge....fuckin glorious evening, I went a bit wobbly to be honest...hairs on the back of the head came up..think I'll end up back in the Borders at some point...maybe quite soon.I take you took that piccy from the new bridge?...great shot that like.

Berwick used to engender different feelings on Saturday evenings after games...sometimes used to have fight our way off the train....I think mackems must have outnumbered mags in Berwick 3-1 in the 80s...probably different now like after KK and the 90s etc.. someone told me it was in some way a hangover from the days when Durham Cathedral ruled everything from North Yorkshire almost up to Edinburgh..dont know if thats true, but the Borough of Berwick itself didnt start till the middle arch of the old bridge up until the late 1800s, and the church basically ran the rest of North Northumberland...

2moyofq.jpg

Yeah I saw your twitter :lol:

2moyofq.jpg

Berwick upon Tweed is indeed one of the best kept secrets in the British Isles ;)

Was home last weekend and the old man picked me up at the station...I had to go to the bank so we drove into town and eneded up going over the old bridge....fuckin glorious evening, I went a bit wobbly to be honest...hairs on the back of the head came up..think I'll end up back in the Borders at some point...maybe quite soon.I take you took that piccy from the new bridge?...great shot that like.

Berwick used to engender different feelings on Saturday evenings after games...sometimes used to have fight our way off the train....I think mackems must have outnumbered mags in Berwick 3-1 in the 80s...probably different now like after KK and the 90s etc.. someone told me it was in some way a hangover from the days when Durham Cathedral ruled everything from North Yorkshire almost up to Edinburgh..dont know if thats true, but the Borough of Berwick itself didnt start till the middle arch of the old bridge up until the late 1800s, and the church basically ran the rest of North Northumberland...

Aye lovely place mate, me pal texted me today to see if I fancied the toon v Berwick in July, and a stop over, well up for it, the journey on the train has to be one of the most beautiful of any line in Europe too. Aye it was the new bridge we were on, nice pub right beside it dee canny scran. Only thing I'd say about Berwick, what a fuckin shite accent.

Aye lovely place mate, me pal texted me today to see if I fancied the toon v Berwick in July, and a stop over, well up for it, the journey on the train has to be one of the most beautiful of any line in Europe too. Aye it was the new bridge we were on, nice pub right beside it dee canny scran. Only thing I'd say about Berwick, what a fuckin shite accent.

If you go to the game you'll have to ritually trash the pub in Seahouses thats a shrine to safc on the way home...its tradition apparently! ;)

The accent is a strange one...what you've got to remember is that Berwick has been a frontier garrison town for 800 years and in the middle ages a major port...my old man did his national service in the Kings Own Scottish Borderers and the regimental HQ was in Berwick. He says that evil bastards who were on the run from either Edinburgh or Newcastle had settled there over the years and mixed with those who had jumped ship from all over Europe, hard nut ex squaddies and a large local gypsy population.All of which had resulted in, in his opinion, a sort of "Liverpool" of the north, where the mix of blood is bad news. And all that must have contributed to the accent, which is porridge thick and neither one thing nor the other.

Anyone of our Southern friends hearing you have got to assume you're Scottish.

Yeah but I went to school over the border....where there are probably half a dozen different accents all along it too...I am probably more than half English though...mums a Manc!

Hawick folk speak a different language to the rest of Britain and its only 20 minutes away from Kelso where I went to school...and then Berwick and all that is only 20 minutes in the other direction where they too speak something pretty alien to most ears.I speak with a pretty typical Border's "lilt" but it's changing there even now though...my sister's kids in Kelso speak like they're from fuckin Edinburgh ;)

If you go to the game you'll have to ritually trash the pub in Seahouses thats a shrine to safc on the way home...its tradition apparently! ;)

The accent is a strange one...what you've got to remember is that Berwick has been a frontier garrison town for 800 years and in the middle ages a major port...my old man did his national service in the Kings Own Scottish Borderers and the regimental HQ was in Berwick. He says that evil bastards who were on the run from either Edinburgh or Newcastle had settled there over the years and mixed with those who had jumped ship from all over Europe, hard nut ex squaddies and a large local gypsy population.All of which had resulted in, in his opinion, a sort of "Liverpool" of the north, where the mix of blood is bad news. And all that must have contributed to the accent, which is porridge thick and neither one thing nor the other.

some cunt said ken and areet in the same sentence was like a mixture of begbie and oz

Anyone of our Southern friends hearing you have got to assume you're Scottish.

Yeah but I went to school over the border....where there are probably half a dozen different accents all along it too...I am probably more than half English though...mums a Manc!

Hawick folk speak a different language to the rest of Britain and its only 20 minutes away from Kelso where I went to school...and then Berwick and all that is only 20 minutes in the other direction where they too speak something pretty alien to most ears.I speak with a pretty typical Border's "lilt" but it's changing there even now though...my sister's kids in Kelso speak like they're from fuckin Edinburgh ;)

I think Newcastle has a much bigger influence on Berwick accent than Edinburgh though.

Especially Malteasers.

511BTD5KKSL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I wish they sold Super Lemon sweets in this country. I used to love them when I was a kid in Hong Kong. There used to be Super Cola/Apple and so on as well. None of the chinese shops seems to stock it, though they do stock Pocky though.

nv9s9c.jpg

Was up early this morning 10 mile on me bike, before the gym, took this photo of the Tyne between Newburn and Ryton, I'm not one of these David Attenborough types, but it's such an amazingly lush pic I wanted to post it here. Look at how still The Tyne is. Just totally, TOTALLY lush, everyone ina mint mood. ;)

nv9s9c.jpg

Was up early this morning 10 mile on me bike, before the gym, took this photo of the Tyne between Newburn and Ryton, I'm not one of these David Attenborough types, but it's such an amazingly lush pic I wanted to post it here. Look at how still The Tyne is. Just totally, TOTALLY lush, everyone ina mint mood. ;)

I'm sure I'll get stick for this, but that reminds me of a Constable picture.

800px-John_Constable_021.jpg

Edited by The Fish

nv9s9c.jpg

I'm sure I'll get stick for this, but that reminds me of a Constable picture.

800px-John_Constable_021.jpg

;) ye get stick for most things. Nee overhead pylon cables in a Constable's though.

I know a majority of people think he's a mug, but he's so fuckin unintentionally funny a lot of the time, I think he's absolutely class. Suppose you need to lose any southern negativity some of you have to appreciate him. "Me cannister" pmsl ;)

Edited by McFaul