General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

The most insane driving I've ever seen has all been on the Peripherique around Paris.

On one trip, I got sideswiped at 70mph by some Pierre towing a trailer.

Didn't stop, he just crossed the remaining several lanes of high speed traffic and took his exit. :lol:

Its acceptable to shove the cars a bit if you need some room. That's what the bumpers are for.

Driving around the arc de triomphe (known as etoile) is an experience. There are 12 roads intersecting with the 7 lane roundabout, you enter with the right of way since the priority in France is always to the right unless indicated (by a yellow diamond if you need to know ever). So on this roundabout, the people on the roundabout have to give way to those entering (:lol:). So the only way to get on the roundabout is to not look left and just drive straight on, forcing those on the roundabout to stop. You dont need to indicate because fuck you.

I've done that roundabout in a transit van with no back windows. The sat nav kept saying 'turn off now' with no indication of which of the 3 roads to my right was the right one. It was literally like wacky races

Getting rid would make more sense. Not sure what the implications would be for those in one though. Automatic free upgrade to full-on get the government involved in your love life? Because, to be honest, that doesn't make any sense to me either ;)

I have one really shit day in a hundred and today is it. I started reading about my condition, the level its at, Level 3. 23.6% of people are still alive 5 years after they enter hospital for the first time with exactly what I have. That means I have a 76.4% chance of carking it by July 2019. It's fucking depressing, but I'm not giving up, just shit I have the odd depressing day. There's very few things worse in life than this.

Aye but those figures maybe don't take into account age and other health factors. I'd say the odds are better than 50/50 that you'll still be shitting the bed in 2020 ;)

Edited by ewerk

Now that gay marriage is legal in the civilised parts of the UK, is there any point in keeping civil partnerships?

There's an argument that "marriage" has a legacy definition as a patriarchal institution based on property etc. I can understand the argument but I think a registry office marriage ie without any religion attached can be self-defined any way you like.

So I put my foot down at the vets about the dog. We now only deal with like the den mother or whatever the fuck they are called.

She has a tiny windpipe which is genetic and nowt they can do. Means she can't clear her lungs easily, she still has pneumonia but is now on a hardcore antibiotic which is designed for older dogs but will (accord to the queen alien) clear her lungs. They tested her for something called a "mega esophagus" which sounds like a Pokemon, but would explain her regurgitation ( the initial cause of the pneumonia) and she doesn't have one. So good news.

Coming home tomorrow if the first night on these antibiotics goes ok, and she has to rest and be on these pills for 6 weeks to clear her lungs. Then we can look at surgical options to improve her quality of life.

Fuck pet insurance companies.

are we going see you on that ch4 show where some irish vet uses mechano to create you a million dollar manpitbull

(hopefully this sorts it obviously)

I fucking wish. That guy is personal hero.

I grew up with dogs. We always had a Labrador around the house and they were typically hardy, as long as you feed and exercise them they get older and are great family dogs. I always wanted a bulldog and now me and our lass are settled we went for it, found a good KC breeder, did our research, saw the mother and father etc. But sometimes it goes wrong with these inbred dogs, it's not our fault or the breeders and especially not the puppy's.

The insurance company have been nowt but fucking useless mind, so if any of you are thinking of getting a dog make sure you read the small print. Paying more for insurance doesn't mean you are covered.