General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

Also embarrassingly I can't parallel park, I'll drive a canny distance to avoid shaming myself trying. So London is out of the question really.

My car will parallel park itself, I still haven't been brave enough to try it out though.

I passed second time and I'm under no illusion that I'm a good driver as I'm prone to wavering concentration. Doesn't really matter so much now as I rarely drive long distances.

Driving in Paris is another level of cuntishness.

I had a Parisian great Uncle, who while taking us on a tour of the city would turn around to look at the people sitting in the back that he was talking to ... while driving. I was only 8 or something but I've never been so terrified.

Some of the parking I've seen in Paris is incredible. Is it just accepted that you get as tight to the car in front of you as possible and they then have to remove your bumper in order to get out?

Its acceptable to shove the cars a bit if you need some room. That's what the bumpers are for.

Driving around the arc de triomphe (known as etoile) is an experience. There are 12 roads intersecting with the 7 lane roundabout, you enter with the right of way since the priority in France is always to the right unless indicated (by a yellow diamond if you need to know ever). So on this roundabout, the people on the roundabout have to give way to those entering (:lol:). So the only way to get on the roundabout is to not look left and just drive straight on, forcing those on the roundabout to stop. You dont need to indicate because fuck you.

Driving gloves and goggles too.

Must admit I've never driven in London and very probably never will. People really do drive like cunts there, I couldn't take the stress.

Bet you've got a tin of boiled sweets in there as well

I had a Parisian great Uncle, who while taking us on a tour of the city would turn around to look at the people sitting in the back that he was talking to ... while driving. I was only 8 or something but I've never been so terrified.

Had a similar experience with my mate. Only he was on M1 driving back from Helter Skelter. Quite scary at the time :lol:

Hand signals? I've got a bloke with a red flag running in front of me.

All right, Corbyn.

I kind of wish I hadn't driven quite a bit recently after many years off - turns out I really enjoy it, and as mentioned, there are so many reasons not to (want to) drive in London that it's always going to stop me from doing so. All those afternoons I could be cruising down the B-roads and bypasses of this fine nation, blasting out Eurovision classics and miserable country music as I go. *sigh*

Its acceptable to shove the cars a bit if you need some room. That's what the bumpers are for.

Driving around the arc de triomphe (known as etoile) is an experience. There are 12 roads intersecting with the 7 lane roundabout, you enter with the right of way since the priority in France is always to the right unless indicated (by a yellow diamond if you need to know ever). So on this roundabout, the people on the roundabout have to give way to those entering ( :lol:). So the only way to get on the roundabout is to not look left and just drive straight on, forcing those on the roundabout to stop. You dont need to indicate because fuck you.

:lol:

I have to try this now.

Only driven in Paris a couple of times, but it's insane. Not just around the Arc de Triomphe, but the average street is batshit too. London is a bastion of graciousness and consideration by comparison.

The worst junction I've seen was in Naples though. Not a single fanculo was given all day.