General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

Powdered food: is this the terrifying future of dining?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddrink/11699068/Powdered-food-is-this-the-terrifying-future-of-dining.html

I struggle to believe centuries of gastronomic culture could be undermined by something that sounds like a Star Trek dinner party. But I do worry that powdered meals could soon become the next food fad. It ticks the boxes: healthy, quick, techy, new. How long until we see the first ‘Powder Café’? Or a pop-up where the sole offering is blended drinks complete with all your earthly nutritional needs?. All it takes is a few Instagram blow-ups and a nod from someone famous.

It remains to be seen whether Huel takes off or not – hits the mainstream and ends up on the shelves of our favourite supermarkets. But it does propose a divisive development in food culture.

I wouldn’t put it past appearing at a Shoreditch cafe soon, by any means

:lol:

Edited by Dr Gloom

Probably after I left, I'm sure. I think they were more shocked at first. It knocked me clean off my feet. Surprised I didn't spark out actually. I got up, not feeling too groggy and asked, hopefully, if it wasn't too bad. The response when everyone saw me was "whooooah", which wasn't a great sign.

Claret everywhere, ruining my 1985 home kit, and a 2.5cm deep gash over the eye. I'm the most accident prone person I know.

Been up in the north east for a couple of days visiting family. Went to Newcastle today, had a mooch and a bit of scram at Pleased To Meet You. Food was canny enough but the service wasn't great.

Well it could've been worse.

On an attempted diving save in an indoor match, I collided with the post and was unable to get back to my feet. I ended up with the diagnosis of a bone bruise on my spinal cord. Three months of an unexpected vacation in my bed followed full of agony. I could barely reach for the remote much less walking. First time I got the displeasure of a catheter also.

No idea how this entered my head, but, we take 'bait' to work, Jocks take a 'piece', what do they take down that London? (I'm aware this is a CT-esque post and will seek appropriate medication forthwith).

"Lunch" ;)

I've introduced the Scots term "piecebaggin" to the south east Dorset vernacular, to denote "he can be observed post 1930ish on a Friday evening with a scruffy bag round his shoulders, containing an empty Tupperware box, staggering out of a licenced establishment after entering within its confines several hours earlier for a couple after work "