FAO Leazes Mag

Kevin Carr's Gloves

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, well I think that's total bollocks. I'm not gonna argue with you cos I think you're in a fairly awkward spot, given that no one is prepared to sack up and do anything about the real problem.

Fact is, Leazes has done a lot worse than BBN and has also called you a cunt. But he's still here. Which is a pisstake.

Leazesmag is like a court jester, he is allowed stuff others wont get away with. Even when he calls you a cunt, its comedy so it sort of has inherent value.

I dont mind him at all, usually when I see that rotating yellow dildo to the left I just keep scrolling.

This is a very good forum with very good posters, Stevie and myself had our 'spats' at times but his knowledge of football (not just Newcastle) is incredible, Gemmill/Manc Mag are very funny (shouldn't say that about Gemmill because his head will explode), Chez is spot on as much as Cisse scores, will actually take too long to name every single poster whose qualities make this place brilliant BUT it really is a massive put off Leazes posting on here.

It is easy to say 'well just ignore him' but how is it not clear he ruins this place? Honestly?

As Gemmill has said he has been warned more times than Suarez has been a wanker this season. He is warned and warned and warned again. Why bother warning him if nothing is really going to be done. To be honest I am a part time poster on here and the biggest reason for that is there is not much to post on in a football forum where most of the threads will have that knob head turning 'weather was nice today' 'Actually it's not that nice but then you said finishing 5th wasn't nice when YOU boo'd Bobby Robson off the pitch that time' etc.. Tbf that is a little harsh, he does it in general chat too.

My opinion is worth fuck all here but it is getting really silly now how one poster is allowed to cause this much unrest but everyone else is blamed for baiting or not ignoring him. It's like he is Kenny Dalglish and this is RAWK. Dalglish will probably be turned on first tbh.

I always thought that having opposing opinions encouraged debate; banning someone because they dont agree with you seems draconian in the extreme. If you dont like what someone posts either ignore them or dont reply, hardly fucking rocket science is it.

It isn't really just a different opinion is it.

As others have said, it's all well and good trying to ignore or block a poster but when every thread is pages and pages of posts you can't read as you have ignored that poster and other posters who have been wound up replying to the posts you can't read then the forum becomes a pretty shit and awkward place to enjoy.

Serious question - Is there another poster on here that pisses people off or takes over as much of the forum as Leazes? Who else do other posters think ruin the forum and even want banned?

There comes a time when it isn't everyone elses fault or problem.

Without getting into a Pythonesque dispute it is exactly about differing opinions, having contrary views etc. If all of LM posts were as bad as some people claim then why would anyone in their right mind reply to them? So following you chain of reasoning should those people who reply get banned as well?

A Forum is there for discussions, it would be fucking boring if everyone agreed with each other all the time. Seems as if there is some type of Mass Blobstrop being hoyed here.

Chill, be happy, reflect on the fact that only a few miles from the Toon there is a backward enclave of Neanderthal mongs crying at the sight of us in the Top 4.

Cheers me up :)

The thing is if Leazes is still baiting people and bumping 6 year old threads when were having the most enjoyable season in recent times, then it is never gonna end, He will continue this until he's blue in the face and then continue going. Lettuce be real tea here, if he isnt stopping now he never will, and banning others because they have less posts and havent baited people as much is bullshit.

Inb4 i get the ban hammer.

But howay man, you keep going on about the ignore function but he keeps poking people until hey get fed up and have to respond ffs! He even bumped a 6 year old thread man, wake up and smell the cwoffee! I was in the leazes camp of thinking things were never gonna be rosey under Ashley but i can admit when im wrong and not be a farty asshole for the sake of an argument. I'm pretty sure everyone thought hed chaged when he was put in the creche but hes just went back to his old ways

Thing is, its got fuck all to do with "being in the MA camp" as some like to put it. I enjoyed using this forum. I dont read any other NUFC forum as I dont have time. Its surely not good that I log in here, realise theres several threads where LM has gone off on one posting exactly the same thing in each. Then you get everyone taking the piss out of him in the same threads and there is near zero discussion. Its fuck all about having a point of view. I dont mind the fact that he doesnt like the way the club is ran now. Ok, we get that. But I have tried having conversions with him and at times its like talking to a politician. But dragging up old posts and then not even making any point about them other than maybe to point score and get yet another fucking shit thread on the go.

As for mods? I'm sorry like. Im laid back as fuck as most know. But I can barely see anyone doing anything here other than Ant. I know people have stuff to do outside of there, of course. But dont be a mod for the sake of it if you dont have time for here as well and more importantly cant tackle these sort of issues.

Im not asking for LM to be banned. Im asking him to stop posting like a cunt (sorry Cath ;) ). Im asking people to stop making snide remarks at him when he hasnt posted like a cunt and that just makes him do so. Its sad when the bloke has been here so long and can contribute well. Sad though that at the moment, him not posting at all would improve the place.

I've already apologised to Ant for not being around much to back him up. Because I don't spend a lot of time in the football forum I find it a bit difficult to jump into something that I've not fully followed. However, it's clear there's a massive problem which needs dealing with and we're working on it behind the scenes.

However, I also think that whatever decision we make, we'll get shit for it from one camp or another. All I can say is that we'll hopefully do what's best for the forum and the majority, and if people don't like it then unfortunately that's tough.

I've already apologised to Ant for not being around much to back him up. Because I don't spend a lot of time in the football forum I find it a bit difficult to jump into something that I've not fully followed. However, it's clear there's a massive problem which needs dealing with and we're working on it behind the scenes.

However, I also think that whatever decision we make, we'll get shit for it from one camp or another. All I can say is that we'll hopefully do what's best for the forum and the majority, and if people don't like it then unfortunately that's tough.

I love it when you get authoritative :spinwank:

Im afraid Cath, you're damned whatever you do.

It's very simple to me. Who is this forum for? I'd like to think it's for the posters and if a qualified majority of posters want something done or someone removed for the good of the forum then it should be done.

I don't get what is 'going on behind the scenes' and tbh I think it's completely pointless given that Ant and Tom are the only members of the admin/mod team who seem to post regularly in the football forum.

Leazes is a cancer and unless he is removed then this forum will continue to struggle.

It's very simple to me. Who is this forum for? I'd like to think it's for the posters and if a qualified majority of posters want something done or someone removed for the good of the forum then it should be done. I don't get what is 'going on behind the scenes' and tbh I think it's completely pointless given that Ant and Tom are the only members of the admin/mod team who seem to post regularly in the football forum. Leazes is a cancer and unless he is removed then this forum will continue to struggle.

Tell you what mate, your posts aren't melodramatic enough for me.

Dont ban anyone, put Leazes and Gemmill in a private forum. They really enjoy having a go at each other so let them get on with it.

Tell you what mate, your posts aren't melodramatic enough for me.

Dont ban anyone, put Leazes and Gemmill in a private forum. They really enjoy having a go at each other so let them get on with it.

I take the piss out of him cos that's all there's left to do. I'd much prefer it if he wasn't here though. Seems I'm not the only one, some of us having had to put up with it for almost a decade now.

A while ago CT was pissing people off more than LM. Now he's kind of accepted as a friendly, fun-loving fat cunt. Perhaps a similar process will occur involving LM.

People have hoped that Leazes could change his approach for years now but he really doesn't know any other way to act, like Renton said you read posts of his from 6 years ago and they could have easily been posted last week he's that repetitive on the same subject.

I agree with Jon when he said this place has the potential to he a great football forum with some great regulars, however Sun you've got people avoiding the football section when we are pushing champions league well that just isn't right.

The repeated warnings have fallen on deaf ears, the creche didn't work either so now it's come to a point where tough decisions have to be made.

What I do know is that I'm sick of reading it and get little enjoyment from coming here despite our current form and his repetitive ramblings are the reason for that.

I think CT is just a fair minded chap who knows not everyone shares the same opinion but I agree 100%. I don't really get where Gemmill is coming from as some of the piss taking is hilarious. I also think that there is this bizarre social psychology online about hate figures, people wind themselves up about it as much as being wound up by it. I don't believe in bannings for anyone ever, if a post crosses a line of decency, delete it, that's as far as it goes for me.

Agree with Chez 100%.

The internet is only simulcra.

LM is a cypher.

God is love.

People have hoped that Leazes could change his approach for years now but he really doesn't know any other way to act, like Renton said you read posts of his from 6 years ago and they could have easily been posted last week he's that repetitive on the same subject.

I agree with Jon when he said this place has the potential to he a great football forum with some great regulars, however Sun you've got people avoiding the football section when we are pushing champions league well that just isn't right.

The repeated warnings have fallen on deaf ears, the creche didn't work either so now it's come to a point where tough decisions have to be made.

What I do know is that I'm sick of reading it and get little enjoyment from coming here despite our current form and his repetitive ramblings are the reason for that.

You've only piped up on here recently. I think this issue is for the hard core members with all due respect and I don't even really count myself as one.

Aye cos he's on his best behaviour, which consists of quoting people and saying "I agree completely with this." :lol:

Besides it's people having their say on the matter. If he was compos mentis enough to put together an argument for why he should stay, he'd be compos mentis enough to realise that that argument doesn't exist.

He'll be back in full flow on Monday morning given the chance, don't worry about that.