Steve McClaren sacked as Newcastle United 'Head Coach' (Manager)

Tooj

He's gone now like. Once the crowd turns like that there's no coming back.

Next.

I disagree tbh, when has Ashley ever sacked someone because the crowd had turned on them? There was complete hell on when Allardyce was manager but Ashley ignored it and when the fans had finally given up trying to get him sacked he got the sack, Pardew had seasons of the fans being against him but it eventually came to him leaving to go elsewhere.

Charnley cannot make a decision, after Pardew walked out he literally done nowt and just hoped Carver would manage to keep us up. I fully expect McClaren to stay in charge.

Next.

Only way he's sacked is if Ashley intervenes and instructs secretary Penfold to pull the trigger out of desperation.

I'm sure a lot of fans, like me, had doubts about McClaren when he was hired, but dearly wanted him to do well in the job. Sadly he has been an abject failure and appears to be totally incapable of getting required results.

After today's loss to Bournemouth, I'm at a loss to know why we even bothered to buy Saviet and take Doumbia on loan if they are not to be used and Riviere & Gouffran are chosen ahead of them.

Na, he's gone.

I'm just not sure what type of manager can turn this around.

Too many are not good enough, too young or don't give a shit. Add to that relegation will see some of them get a nice profitable move.

How do you turn that around?

Relegation, clear out, might be just what's needed.

I agree - this is quite possibly the last chance that we have to make a change that may help us in time. Any later than this and any upswing won't be in time.

The thing is, Charnley will have watched this game and probably thought something like "Fuck, McClaren might be useless...I''d better start looking for another manager in case it doesn't work out!"

Which means we'll be weeks away from an appointment.

Charnley currently crying under his desk praying McClaren accepts an offer from another club. I honestly would be (happily) shocked if he is sacked, he should have been gone after the 5-1 loss to Chelsea which would have gave a new manager 18 days to prepare if they aren't intelligent enough to have noticed that I'm not sure that a few more losses would have taught them.

I worried about McClarens appointment but then thought that he had done a good job at times elsewhere and with a bit of money and luck we could get a decent mid table position. I've been behind him all the way up until the Stoke game where I just lost any more faith in him. He's had money or if not in his control, he's had expensive players at his disposal. He's been given time during which we have seen performances improve if not results however in the last 6 weeks things have nosedive. Since the end of the window we have been getting worse with each game and it's clear there is a big problem within. Players look like they've accepted their fate or at least ours.

Experience suggests theyll stick with McClaren till its too late. Maybe bring in a temporary appointment in desperation with 5 games to go, then install Cathro as a cut price replacement once we're down. Charnley wont have a clue and Moncur and Beardsley will be in the Chron telling us how great everything is.

This regime, fuck me.

I worried about McClarens appointment but then thought that he had done a good job at times elsewhere and with a bit of money and luck we could get a decent mid table position. I've been behind him all the way up until the Stoke game where I just lost any more faith in him. He's had money or if not in his control, he's had expensive players at his disposal. He's been given time during which we have seen performances improve if not results however in the last 6 weeks things have nosedive. Since the end of the window we have been getting worse with each game and it's clear there is a big problem within. Players look like they've accepted their fate or at least ours.

The majority of the players plainly dont give a toss. Their agents will be busy lining up their escape routes.

The majority of the players plainly dont give a toss. Their agents will be busy lining up their escape routes.

Hence why I said 'ours' as they will have long fucked off.

Next.

if he's gone it's because Ashley's suddenly realised if he stays we're down. The owner couldn't give a fuck what the fans think

I attempted to have a look earlier but MotD have confirmed that this is our lowest ever points haul from 28 matches played in the PL.

McClaren has been an undeniable failure.