Ben Arfa

ChezGiven

Did we pay a fee to loan him?

I dont think we will see him in a toon shirt this season now, or ever for that matter. That clause is void and i dont think FMA will pay OM what they will want outside of the clause.

Fuckin typical man.

I doubt we'll ever see him play for us again. Like many on here I am truly gutted. Not since the days of Ginola et al have I been that excited to watch a player in the black and white. :lol:

Didn't Smith have a similar break? He was never the same player. It would be Ben Arfa's left leg as well. I wish him all the best and pray he gets back to the player he was.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quotes from the Dutch national team manager Bert van Marwijk:

"I've seen it on TV. It was a wild and unnecessary challenge.

"I don't think he did it on purpose, but he goes in way too hard in this challenge. That's

a pity, because he doesn't need tackles like this.

"The strange thing is that the referee doesn't give a card. Apparently there are other standards over there.

"I have a problem with the way Nigel unnecessarily searches for the limit. I'm going to talk about that with him these days."

Bert van Marwijk I take my hat off to you sir. Well said.

Oh well at least there is one positive from the FA's spineless response, much more chance of someone breaking De Jong's leg if he is on the pitch.

You just have to look where the fucking ball is as he's still smashing into Ben Arfa's legs to see what it was like, and when i saw (and heard) it at full speed on the TV it was sickening, the guy is a piece of shit and the FA are a shower of useless spineless cunts to a man.

I'm gutted for us but also Ben Arfa, people have compared it to what happened to Smith and it pretty much finished him as a player at a decent level. And Smith unlike Ben Arfa doesn't have all that lighting speed, skill and turning ability which will surely suffer with an injury like this. Hope i'm wrong but i think De Jong may have wrecked one of the best talents in football and thanks to cunts liek the FA people like him, Henrty et al will do it again.

I truly hope that Henry, De Jong and Cattermole all take eachother out of the game for a long period of time.

Cunts like them always seem to shirk away from being on the receiving end of the career-threatening challenges they put in. Cowards.

I'm staggered the FA are not doing anything to clamp down on this as it is ruinning what was once THE best league in the world. However, all too often we are loosing the best players to injuries and from what I've read it was one of the reasons why Fabregas wanted to go to Spain. It's becoming an all to frequent occurance in the Premier League these days. Yet you rarely read about such injuries happening in La Liga and I think that is one of the reasons why it's now the best league in the world. Until something is done more and more class will move to Spain.

I'd like to hear what Luke thinks, but I would've thought if it's a clean leg break, the bones will heal, and he can still be the player he was. I think the serious issues come if there is also joint and/or ligament damage. Knees and ankles are a lot more complicated than tibs & fibs.

Edited by Dr Kenneth Noisewater

Watching it his ankle briefly appears to bend horribly, but that could be due to his entire lower leg being out of line.

The encouraging thing is that no mention has been made of any other damage than the break.

Hughton has confirmed we're keeping him and we're going to oversee is recovery, not Marseille. Big sign we're still looking towards a permanent deal when he's fit.

Good. It's important that he has his treatment with us rather than in France as it gives him a chance to learn the language, get used to our culture and hopefully be around our players whilst he's rehabbing. If he went back to Marseilles for his treatment, his spell here would've been little more than a holiday jaunt.

I truly hope that Henry, De Jong and Cattermole all take eachother out of the game for a long period of time.

Cunts like them always seem to shirk away from being on the receiving end of the career-threatening challenges they put in. Cowards.

Sadly you never will see this. One reason is just horrible luck that its always the better players and decent guys that get done, and complete cunts who go through their careers without any serious injury.

And second reason is the so called hard men in football are actually gutless little cowards so they keep themselves well away from other dirty bastards and don't dwell on the ball in places they'd have to take a kicking. They much prefer snapping the legs of wingers and flair players who they aren't fit to lace the boots of.

I hope some of the top foreign players like Fabregas start deserting and makign it clear its down to the refs and the FA putting their careers at risk, it would also help if the fuckwitts who play/manage and commentate on football would say what Wenger is saying instead of the utter bullshit they come out with.

I don't know what wenger is saying now but he had fuck all to say about that tackle by Gallas last season.

As much as i applaud him trying to get this stopped (even if it's mainly for his own ends), he's a hypocritical, one eyed bastard and is always going to forget the fact he's had some right dirty bastards in his time!

But he is right, and its getting much worse this season and will continue to if the FA and refs allow it.

Hughton has confirmed we're keeping him and we're going to oversee is recovery, not Marseille. Big sign we're still looking towards a permanent deal when he's fit.

Good. It's important that he has his treatment with us rather than in France as it gives him a chance to learn the language, get used to our culture and hopefully be around our players whilst he's rehabbing. If he went back to Marseilles for his treatment, his spell here would've been little more than a holiday jaunt.

I doubt Marseille could force him to go back if they tried. He's probably looking forward to all the student clunge in Jesmond cooing over him when he limps into Osbournes.

A couple of things:

After that tackle on Messi a couple of weeks ago, there was a huge clamp-down on tough tackling on players(especially flair players). Tackles that wouldn't normally be deemed as a yellow, now were to get the point across because of the uproar when teams started kicking Ron & Messi.

Regarding Nigel, as others have alluded to, the bloke is a fucking coward. On his assaults on that yank and Alonso in the World Cup, he starts waiving his hands in protest as soon as he maims the opposition. Also, he needed another pair of shorts after(my hero) Tiote stood over him after Nigel had left his foot in.

I'll say it again, he's a fucking coward.

A couple of things:

After that tackle on Messi a couple of weeks ago, there was a huge clamp-down on tough tackling on players(especially flair players). Tackles that wouldn't normally be deemed as a yellow, now were to get the point across because of the uproar when teams started kicking Ron & Messi.

Regarding Nigel, as others have alluded to, the bloke is a fucking coward. On his assaults on that yank and Alonso in the World Cup, he starts waiving his hands in protest as soon as he maims the opposition. Also, he needed another pair of shorts after(my hero) Tiote stood over him after Nigel had left his foot in.

I'll say it again, he's a fucking coward.

And on the thread over on NO several of them are saying he was high fiving/slapping hands with citeh players after he did it, because it was job done for the cunt. Of course there's nothing malicious about him is there Kidd, you gormless fucking prick.

It's a disgrace tbh, and this "part of the game" phrase is a total joke I'm sorry but personally I'd rather see players like Ben Arfa and Aaron Ramsey actually play football rather than watch mid shin tackles on their standing leg render them out for months while dickheads like De jong and Shawcross can carry on 'playing' football.

Reckless tackles have never and should never be a part of the game the FA needs to put an end to it.

I'd like to hear what Luke thinks, but I would've thought if it's a clean leg break, the bones will heal, and he can still be the player he was. I think the serious issues come if there is also joint and/or ligament damage. Knees and ankles are a lot more complicated than tibs & fibs.

Not really my area of expertise and even more difficult to say without seeing the X-ray.

But - your tib and fib form part of your ankle joint. Fractures to the lower parts of those bones can lead to significant disruption of the joint. My initial thought on seeing the tackle was a fracture dislocation of the ankle.

Even if the joint isn't badly affected it will take some time to get the strength and power back into the muscles in his leg after the bone heals.

The easiest way to predict his prognosis is to look at players who have suffered similar injuries fairly recently e.g Eduardo.

Fucking ridiculous that the FA won't do anything and a prime example of why this country is in the dark ages when you compare us to Spain, Argentina etc. FIFA and UEFA favour the latter's styles of play as well, we must be an international fucking joke.

Have to say i thought the issue was passed by after no criticism of the tackle on MOTD or in the media in general...

But Van Meyrick (however you spell) - his reaction has been the only one that's brought some attention and criticism to it.. Brave move because i doubt he was under much pressure to do so.. Probably sick of the negative attention the dutch got during the world cup from the likes of DeJong..

Fair play to him though..

Now while I agree there is no room for shit house tackles in the game, I think you lot really need to get of your high horses as you're far from being innocent of them... Just ask Victor Anichebe and look at how few games he's played over the last 2 years due to Nolan ruining his career!

nolan-anichebe_1342241c.jpg

KevinNolanEPA_450x350.jpg

efc__1235405447_ani.jpg

Edited by ajax_andy

That was fucking disgusting by Nolan, I think if you dug out the match thread, you'd probably find a lot of posters wanting him kicked out of the club(also because he was especially shit back then).

Guest Tuco Ramirez
That was fucking disgusting by Nolan, I think if you dug out the match thread, you'd probably find a lot of posters wanting him kicked out of the club(also because he was especially shit back then).

Aye and Nolan hasn't got a history of thuggish tackling like this de Jong. He's a modern day Mark Dennis the cunt. He's administered two broken legs and the worst challenge in World Cup Final history in just 5 months. Put some perspective on it.

Aye and Nolan hasn't got a history of thuggish tackling like this de Jong. He's a modern day Mark Dennis the cunt. He's administered two broken legs and the worst challenge in World Cup Final history in just 5 months. Put some perspective on it.

There is no perspective to put on it. That Nolan challenge was just as bad if not far worse than the De Jong one. Now doing it once and potentially ruining a players career doesn't make it somehow less bad.

Barney i'm sure there are plenty of people on here who as you said were appauled by Nolan's chellenge... however it seems a lot of people have forgotten about it. My point is that it goes on in the game, its wrong but I think very few teams have a right to complain when it happens to them, as at some point one of their players will have done something just as bad.

Like I say there's no room in the game for it, but most teams are somewhat guilty. Being an Evertonian I get kind of riled by the complaints about the FA not doing anything when Nolan only got a 3 match ban and Anichebe has been out for the best part of 2 years. It a bit of pot calling the kettle black in my opinion