Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

See I don't think Ashley is a lunatic owner or anything. It's clear he's made a few huge mistakes; buying without due diligence, haggling with Mansour, staffing choices, and a failure to invest in the club to prevent relegation. However he's now running the club in a way that means we're unlikely to be relegated (I think we'll flirt with it often, but survive because of Xmas window), we're just not going to enjoy football under him.

Gambled on a free transfer not being a crock - Ba.

Gambled on a loan signing not getting injured - Rémy.

If either of those things happen, I reckon relegation was on the cards. And obviously the summers he just didn't invest.

I think this season might be a gamble too far. January might not be enough of a backup this season.

Gambled on a free transfer not being a crock - Ba.

Gambled on a loan signing not getting injured - Rémy.

If either of those things happen, I reckon relegation was on the cards. And obviously the summers he just didn't invest.

I think this season might be a gamble too far. January might not be enough of a backup this season.

You may be right of course, but I just think he's learnt his lesson from when we actually went down. We will bring in some new faces at Xmas if we're around the relegation spots (which I think we absolutely will be) and that should be enough to keep us around midtable. His gambles are the same gambles every club faces when they're unwilling or unable to spend that much on new players.

I've said elsewhere, even if we kept the same sell-to-buy mandate, most of us would approach the windows differently to Ashley et al. I think most of us would have Newcastle attacking the European spots and the cups with genuine intent. Those targets and that intent wouldn't suddenly have us matching the top 6 for spending, or even changing our spending pattern, but at least we'd feel kinship to the club. This is my biggest frustration. If these are his rules, if we must be run in this financially restricted way; so be it.

Lack of net spend does not necessarily mean lack of ambition.

Bizarre comment.

'Sometimes, when youre at a club for a long time, and Im the second longest serving manager in the Premier League now, it becomes a little more difficult, especially at a club of this size. People ask, why havent you won a trophy, but we havent won a trophy at this club since 1969.'

He's basically saying, in his stumbling, infantile blobspeak, that he's justified in winning fuck all because no one else at the club has either.

Shambles.

Edited by trophyshy

And who has been asking why he hasn't won a trophy? Our problem is that we're intentionally not competing in the cups, not that we expected him to have won one.

Edit: What he said ^

Edited by ewerk