Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

Heard a rumour about our all time leading scorer today like....anyone else heard the same thing? It's not right to put it up here tbh, just wondering if anyone else heard something sensational.

Aye. GL?

Aye and it's not a gay affair with Gary Lineker.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard a rumour about our all time leading scorer today like....anyone else heard the same thing? It's not right to put it up here tbh, just wondering if anyone else heard something sensational.

C'mon, Steevo, spill the beans. You know you want to, and we're desperate to hear the goss.

Right think of a class ex Argentina striker used to shoot from 40 yards and score all the time, totally wank hair cut, then a film from the 70's where you're classed as an old cunt at 30, and you're killed.

I've got the christian name (Mario :);) ), but the movie escapes me. Hmmmmmmm

Noooooooo long hair. Never played for a big club but was TOTALLY class.

GOT IT ;) ;) :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :o :o

YA JOKIN?? WOULD LIKE. OH YES.

EDIT: The 'Mario' was a joke, man. Mario Kempes. I knew which striker you were on about.

I know :)

You could see it though. Both in the media away from home a lot. Both massive toon fans. Similar looks and ages, both boring cunts etc....

GOT IT ;) ;) :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :o :o

YA JOKIN?? WOULD LIKE. OH YES.

EDIT: The 'Mario' was a joke, man. Mario Kempes. I knew which striker you were on about.

I know :)

You could see it though. Both in the media away from home a lot. Both massive toon fans. Similar looks and ages, both boring cunts etc....

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Then again, doesn't her 'support' fluctuate with the tides? Not that it matters. I'd love a go myself, make no mistake.

Feel sorry for Lainya if true, she seems very much "the girl next door" type. Am not as madly in love with Shearer as a lot of you are like. Was there not rumours about a Quayside pub bog some years ago.

Feel sorry for Lainya if true, she seems very much "the girl next door" type. Am not as madly in love with Shearer as a lot of you are like. Was there not rumours about a Quayside pub bog some years ago.

Doin' a bit of plumming on the side, was he?

So, only ESPN are running this story, but it's not from any of their usual bullshit merchants so I thought it might be reputable. Don't shoot the messenger.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/...akeover?cc=5901

Getafe set for Team Dubai rebrand

April 19, 2011

By ESPNsoccernet staff

The mystery surrounding the Spanish Primera Liga club set to be bought by Dubai firm Royal Emirates Group has lifted, after a spokesman confirmed that Getafe are the club on whom €90 million will be spent.

"It is Getafe... we will announce it in a big way tomorrow," Suleiman al Butti, project manager of Royal Emirates Group, told Reuters.

Early reports had indicated that the club in question was Real Zaragoza and suggested that the cash-strapped outfit would be renamed 'Team Dubai' but a spokesman denied that rumour to ESPNsoccernet and said: "It is a Spanish La Liga division side. The team will not be renamed but it will be titled as '[club's name] Team Dubai' in order to deliver the message that Dubai care."

Getafe Team Dubai seems likely to be the new monicker, and the club's chairman and a number of players are due to arrive in Dubai on Wednesday and the grand announcement is set to be made on Thursday.

The deal would be the third for a La Liga club involving a non-Spanish buyer in the past year following the sale of Malaga to a member of the Qatari royal family and the purchase of Racing Santander by an Indian businessman. Getafe are 14th in La Liga, and in danger of relegation. In recent years, Getafe have twice been runners-up in the Copa del Rey, and reached the UEFA Cup quarter-finals in 2007-08.

Last season saw them qualify for the Europa League but the team, managed by Real Madrid legend Michel, exited the competition at the qualifying stage to Cyprus APOEL.

"Getafe Team Dubai"? Let's hope Fat Mike doesn't get any ideas.

Doin' a bit of plumming on the side, was he?

Could well have been, what with his fondness of celebrating great sporting achievements with mundane household chores.

See Gerard Houllier's had another wobbler. Nee good. He should just chuck it, Liverpool's fans were to blame in 2004, and Villa's are an equally big set of wanks to cause this.