Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

What do you expect him to say ffs? "i'm not thankful at all that a doctor happened to be present, cos god did it on his jack jones" or alternatively "thank you to the miracles of modern medicine, I renounce my faith"? Even if it is incongruous, who gives a shit, he's walked away from an episode where was odds on to end up dead or a cabbage. Who the fuck are you to criticise how he chooses to express his happiness at this.

now jog on, i'm just amazed you didn't manage to fudge in your usual "i'm a doctor/martial arts" bit, makes a change.

Does it? Go on, fish out some posts where I've brought that up out of context, or at all Muamba aside, in the last six months. I see you didn't have a problem fudging it in, you fucking ballsack.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He has the right to his faith, what's so wrong about that, if someone was dissing race or homosexuality like you (and others) disparage religion, there'd be fucking hell on.

Monumental double standards

Choice versus birth trait.

Not knocking his right to faith - just his insensitivity. I know he'll believe his prayer pov without thinking about others but I don't see why I should ignore it.

My Dad died of a heart attack - his "logic" suggests either it was my fault for not praying or his God decided my Dad should die - even without believing in the God I think its a despicable viewpoint typical of a "loving" religion.

What do you expect him to say ffs? "i'm not thankful at all that a doctor happened to be present, cos god did it on his jack jones" or alternatively "thank you to the miracles of modern medicine, I renounce my faith"? Even if it is incongruous, who gives a shit, he's walked away from an episode where was odds on to end up dead or a cabbage. Who the fuck are you to criticise how he chooses to express his happiness at this.

Completely agree, not remotely religious myself but have no problem with what Muamba said or believes. Great to see the guy seems to be ok when it genuinely looked like he had very little chance of surviving let alone seemingly doing so without any brain damage or other major problems.

Choice versus birth trait.

Not knocking his right to faith - just his insensitivity. I know he'll believe his prayer pov without thinking about others but I don't see why I should ignore it.

My Dad died of a heart attack - his "logic" suggests either it was my fault for not praying or his God decided my Dad should die - even without believing in the God I think its a despicable viewpoint typical of a "loving" religion.

Fucking hell man, he's got away with a miraculous (medical or otherwise) recovery and the poor fuckers insensitive, unbelievable

Fucking hell man, he's got away with a miraculous (medical or otherwise) recovery and the poor fuckers insensitive, unbelievable

I'm glad he survived but many people don't every day. Of course he's just thinking of himself which is fair enough and perfectly natural - I just wished he spared a thought for those others.

I'm glad he survived but many people don't every day. Of course he's just thinking of himself which is fair enough and perfectly natural - I just wished he spared a thought for those others.

Lion alive, he is making a miraculous (or unfathomable for the atheist bunch) recovery from a situation where he was medically dead for 78 minutes and you're saying he's insensitive!

He wasn't asked about people who don't recover from heart attacks (how many healthy young people die from heart attacks ffs), he was interviewed about his own recovery.

Lion alive, he is making a miraculous (or unfathomable for the atheist bunch) recovery from a situation where he was medically dead for 78 minutes and you're saying he's insensitive!

He wasn't asked about people who don't recover from heart attacks (how many healthy young people die from heart attacks ffs), he was interviewed about his own recovery.

Well if he wants to give credit to prayer/God then I'm going to ask him follow-up questions - if that makes me a twat then fair enough.

I think I've said before I read a Paddington train crash survivor questioning the faith of the dead and while this is no way near as bad it brings out a similar reaction from me.

I assume there's a part of the interview that hasn't been quoted here where he pays tribute to the medical staff that saved his life. Right?

He thanked the doctor at the ground but implied God sent him to the match.

Seems like Liverpool's at home with some of these here ffs. #ragweek

Having my journey home from London being prolonged by 2 hours (still half an hour away from Leeds) has fuelled my response to a post which is fucking spasticated whatever your travel conditions.

You gota love the concept of God supposed to be playing baby sitter to everyone and making sure everything is fine and dandy and that his job is to make sure we are all happy and jumping with joy. The concept behind most faiths is that life is a test, for the real world to come. And here we are judging Him on what is actually supposed to be our test. Doesn't make much sense to me.

iirc (set me right Sloop) it was Catholicism/Christianity which laid the foundations for modern civilization, including medicine, and so Muamba is perfectly justified in praising God either way tbh.

;)

I'm with NJS and Ant on this one - it's fucking ridiculous that questioning a belief system that should be self evidently bullshit to any sentient human in the twentyfirst century should be in any way criticised. it's not like Ant and NJS wished the bloke harm.

Oooooh witchcraft kept him alive

Oooooh witchcraft kept him alive

Would've been interesing to see what the reaction would have been if he had been more traditionally African and had invoked a Witch Doctor rather than Christianity - it would make no diffence to my opinion obviously but I'll bet the use of the word "miracle" would probably have been sneered at in that case.

Would've been interesing to see what the reaction would have been if he had been more traditionally African and had invoked a Witch Doctor rather than Christianity - it would make no diffence to my opinion obviously but I'll bet the use of the word "miracle" would probably have been sneered at in that case.

I despair at the hold religion still has on this country

I've started a new religion. I was sat on the toilet having a shit, no one else was in the house. Suddenly God appeared unto me. He told me that it is possible for everyone to have a prosperous and eternal after-life if they suck my penis. You have to suck it until the holy juice of wisdom squirts out. So far, I have no followers.