Kinnear - Appointed Director of Football

Sonatine

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This article suggests Ashley and Lambrusco have been rowing about the future of the club.

http://metro.co.uk/2...ashley-3847308/

STABILITY IN ACTION

But the question is which one had the better future vision for the Toon? I can't see it being Llambias but then Ashley has just brought JFK in... suspicious.

:lol: didn't know who Douglas was so he vetoed it. So he has zero trust in any of the scout team? Brilliant. What's the point in having Carr then? Honestly what the fuck was Ashley thinking with this one. We've got someone who should be sectioned on a power trip.

Wonder what odds you could have got on Kinnear being NU's next manager when Pardew got Manager Of The Year ?

I don't remember checking at the time (for whatever reason !?) but then again, I'm not famed for betting heavily or having the coin and state of mind to have the ability to do what the fuck I want . When I want . To suit myself . You cunts .

:lol: didn't know who Douglas was so he vetoed it. So he has zero trust in any of the scout team? Brilliant. What's the point in having Carr then? Honestly what the fuck was Ashley thinking with this one. We've got someone who should be sectioned on a power trip.

Thats Ashley iyam...still doesnt realise that running football clubs can cost a huge amount of money...I wouldnt expect too many signings this summer tbh...

http://www.independe...as-8665918.html

On nightshift in Pompey,this place full of their lot looking forward to the season, excited by the fixture list, one lad said "theres 11 grounds in that division I've not been to, cant wait". I've barely looked at the fixture list today..think next season will hurt. A lot.

Edited by PaddockLad

Shearer having his say ....

...... I have another issue with Kinnear. Over the last few days he has banged on about how Newcastle would never have gone down had he not had his health problems and stayed on in the job to the end of the 2008-09 season.

The implication being that it was first Chris Hughton and then my fault for the club being relegated.

I had eight games as manager at the end of the season, won one, drew two and lost the rest. So, yes, I take my share of responsibility.

But Kinnear had 19 league games in charge that season and won just four, taking 20 points.

Indeed, before he was admitted to hospital with heart problems ahead of the West Brom away win on February 7, Newcastle had taken just two points from their previous 18.

Chris Hughton could not arrest the slide in his brief role as caretaker, and nor could I.

Given the downtrodden, disjointed group of players I took on, it would have been something special if I had.

So it's about time Kinnear took some responsibility for what happened as well. It was a real eye-opener when I did take charge for those final games. The team wasn't just a mess, the club was a mess.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4976231/Joe-Kinnear-if-you-were-manager-would-you-stand-for-this.html#ixzz2Wk4TRmJV

We showed fight for a few games when Kinnear first turned up, but after that it was a slow downward spiral. It's always pretty galling when Kinnear keeps saying what a good job he did.

NPD, the silly old tool

Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Characterised by a pervasive pattern of grandiosity and self-importance, need for admiration, and lack of empathy, people with narcissistic personality disorder overestimate their abilities and inflate their accomplishments, often appearing boastful and pretentious, whilst correspondingly underestimating and devaluing the achievements and accomplishments of others.

Often the narcissist will fraudulently claim to have qualifications or experience or affiliations or associations which they don't have or aren't entitled to. Belief in superiority, inflating their self-esteem to match that of senior or important people with whom they associate or identify, insisting on having the "top" professionals or being affiliated with the "best" institutions, but criticising the same people who disappoint them are also common features of narcissistic personality disorder.

Narcissists react angrily to criticism and when rejected, the narcissist will often denounce the profession which has rejected them (usually for lack of competence or misdeed) but simultaneously and paradoxically represent themselves as belonging to the profession they are vilifying.

That's Joe, right there.

I just hope we don't see him in the media anymore.

You've got the job Joe. We get it. Nobody can change that. But for the good of the club, stay the fuck away from interviews, you embarrassing cunt. Weave your incredible footballing magic behind closed doors for the next three years and then fuck off.

That Holt article. If he is basically a lost old man that Ashley feels sorry for, I wouldn't have minded if he'd given him a job where he was responsible for nothing, but just got to experience being around a football club again. Travelling to games, being around the players, but at all times knowing his place. He lost his son, so give him something to focus on.

But the stupid arsehole instead hands him the keys to SJP and makes him the most powerful man at the club. And the dickhead himself, completely lacking in self awareness and humility as he is, handles the situation as insensitively as he possibly could, undermining and insulting some of the most important people at the club.

Such a weasly cunt.

the whole thing is a fucking disgrace. In most situations I dont wade in with size 10 boots throwing opinions around. I usually sit back, think and respond. With that I've often seen good MA has done and downright shocking in equal measure. Much like FFS before him, there have been positives and negatives. I try and see sense in what his decisions have been from a business or football perspective to at least try and understand his thought process. In most cases I can reach a conclusion where I might not agree, but understand the approach.

Then there's this.

It goes against any logic. Goes against anything from a business perspective AND a football perspective. It leaves his current blueprint in tatters. In undermines his head scout, his (now former) MD and his manager. Not with some guru of football where you could argue the case, not with some financial wizard that could argue the case, not even with some motivational fucking genius who could lift the squad mentally. Joe Fucking Kinnear! None of the above. Twat of a man.

This makes no sense at all. Nothing. Its almost like he woke up and thought "I cant be arsed any more" seen his mate was down in the dumps and said "here, you have it". Sadly for us, his make from the pub was a funny little joker 20 years ago and canny for a laugh. Now he is a washed out foul mouthed empty shell dying (literally) to fill a void one last time before he keels over.

Fuck.

You've got the job Joe. We get it. Nobody can change that.

I'd say blabbing to SSN, the talksport interview, and causing Lambias to quit (if true) were all verging on sackable offences in his first four days in the job.

I look forward to more.

One of the NUFC fan pages on FB is reporting that they're getting rid of Shearer's name from Shearer's bar. (Thus rendering it simply "bar"? :o)

Any truth in this? :lol:

Is about the standard level of pettiness they've displayed in the past, so why not.

An alternative version of events is that Lambezi was always going to leave in the close season and his departure isn't linked to Kinnear's appointment. But I'd like to think that Lambezi has resigned on principle, having shown no principles at all otherwise.

As JawD says, the truly baffling thing is not why recruit a DoF (which makes good sense if you don't trust the manager), it's why recruit Kinnear? A more knackered useless washed up pissed old deluded self regarding clueless horrible dinosaur would be hard to find. If someone had asked me to nominate the absolutely worst person to run a football club, it would be Kinnear. As obviously destined for disaster as the appointment of Souness as manager.

One of the NUFC fan pages on FB is reporting that they're getting rid of Shearer's name from Shearer's bar. (Thus rendering it simply "bar"? :o)

Any truth in this? :lol:

It's undergoing 6 months renovation, the signage is down, and there's a notice saying 'new bar coming soon'. Probably be 'Kinnear's' or something.