Sylvain Marveaux

Matty

Could it not just be a bit of bad luck?

Indeed. He could have been back playing after a few weeks but instead he went for an op to solve the problem. I love the idea of a 'crock' as though there is some physiological or genetic reason why the player will suffer 'injuries'. Its normal to have a specific problem recurring and if the player drinks and/or doesnt look after himself then its usual to have niggles. The lad has, like Ba, a specific issue which will be resolved hopefully through surgery. Having a groin issue does not make him a crock and for the record, Taylor's shoulder and achilles injuries are impossible to link from a medical perspective so neither injury makes him 'injury prone', it is quite simply bad luck.

Its the old cognitive dissonance issue again, unable to accept that the probability of these events are independent people piece together a narrative that explains them all as part of some dastardly plan 'we only buy crocks that no one else goes near as we prefer to gamble on them as they cost less money' or something, ignoring the fact that every other team in the league suffers from injuries (and ignoring the fact that Souness once got a Witch Doctor to exhume the bad spirits from the club as an attempt to resolve our injury record).

• Replies 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed. He could have been back playing after a few weeks but instead he went for an op to solve the problem. I love the idea of a 'crock' as though there is some physiological or genetic reason why the player will suffer 'injuries'. Its normal to have a specific problem recurring and if the player drinks and/or doesnt look after himself then its usual to have niggles. The lad has, like Ba, a specific issue which will be resolved hopefully through surgery. Having a groin issue does not make him a crock and for the record, Taylor's shoulder and achilles injuries are impossible to link from a medical perspective so neither injury makes him 'injury prone', it is quite simply bad luck.

Its the old cognitive dissonance issue again, unable to accept that the probability of these events are independent people piece together a narrative that explains them all as part of some dastardly plan 'we only buy crocks that no one else goes near as we prefer to gamble on them as they cost less money' or something, ignoring the fact that every other team in the league suffers from injuries (and ignoring the fact that Souness once got a Witch Doctor to exhume the bad spirits from the club as an attempt to resolve our injury record).

He was injured before we bought him. He was injured when we bought him. He's injured now. I have no idea what cognitive dissonance means but I'd say we bought a crock.

Hopefully he'll get better, but I wouldn't bother with this season.

He was injured before we bought him. He was injured when we bought him. He's injured now. I have no idea what cognitive dissonance means but I'd say we bought a crock.

Hopefully he'll get better, but I wouldn't bother with this season.

tbf they were the same injury, its just he was injured while we were buying him

I don't know what it means either tbh, I just like throwing these clever sounding words around.

I've know idea what it means but it sounds like a shit word anyway to be honest.

Aye you would say that, the crock that you are. You nearly paralysed yourself attempting a break-dance move.

Steven Taylor is injury prone because of the way he throws his body around and goes heavily into challenges. Same way that a demolition vehicle is more prone to accidents than a regular car.

Particularly bad injuries can often lead to subsequent problems down the track, particularly when there is issues with the rehabilitation process or complications with surgery. Other muscles that are not in full use during the period of injury may not cope with a return to full activities, or seemingly minor differences in the structure of joints/muscles may lead to additional stress being places on other parts of the body.

Maybe

.............Cisse

.Ba....................Ben Arfa

...Marveaux....Cabaye

..............Tiote

I like. :yes

So Jonas, one of most hard working players, is dropped for Marvaux and BA is played on the left of a front 3, is that right?

Found it a bit strange meself. Thought Marveux was a winger? Anyway until we shift Santon to the right and get a proper left-back I don't see how you can leave Jonas out.