An email exchange between me and a Liverpool fan

I don’t like the temerity of the man; to act like he’s bringing in this new style of football. He didn’t do it at Reading, or Swansea and he certainly didn’t introduce passing football to Liverpool for goodness sakes. Wenger brought a new style to Arsenal, they moved from “1-0 to the Ar suh null” to some of the most dazzling displays we’ve ever seen. Brendan Rodgers is not playing Tiki-Taka, he’s playing statistics football. The same crime that Allardyce is lambasted for. They both operate under the ethos that percents and territory matter above the pesky “score” statistics.

I think some of his press conferences reek of that Iraqi intelligence general, Comical Ali, who denied there were any Allied troops in the city as a Centurion tank rumbled along the road in the back ground.

If it was a centurion tank they knicked it from a museum.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it was a centurion tank they knicked it from a museum.

Centurion, Abrams, Sherman, I think the point was that there was the unmistakable sight of a US warmachine trundling along behind a guy stating the behemoth wasn't there.

you cad

Saw a lad in his twenties getting in a car in Benton Asda, had some flowers in his hand. Must be a kind hearted young man. Has a Liverpool 'smelly' badge hanging from his rear view mirror. Glory hunting little twat. Spot a black & white teddy hanging in the back of the car. Maybe his lass is a Mag? Closer inspection and the black & white teddy has 'Juve' written on it. Add 'lack of self awareness' to the earlier 'Glory hunting little twat' bit. Yeah, some of our fans murdered 39 of your fans but let's be friends as we've had a hell of a time of it too.

:no:

Saw a lad in his twenties getting in a car in Benton Asda, had some flowers in his hand. Must be a kind hearted young man. Has a Liverpool 'smelly' badge hanging from his rear view mirror. Glory hunting little twat. Spot a black & white teddy hanging in the back of the car. Maybe his lass is a Mag? Closer inspection and the black & white teddy has 'Juve' written on it. Add 'lack of self awareness' to the earlier 'Glory hunting little twat' bit. Yeah, some of our fans murdered 39 of your fans but let's be friends as we've had a hell of a time of it too.

You're being a bit presumptive and judgemental :lol:

Maybe he is an Italian Juve fan who fell ion love with a scouse lass at Newcastle Uni? Who knows.....

So, you're the freak who sneaks up to people in their cars at Benton Asda, get a life you sad twat

You're being a bit presumptive and judgemental :lol:

Maybe he is an Italian Juve fan who fell ion love with a scouse lass at Newcastle Uni? Who knows.....

Absolutely. ;)

Money's on him being a gloryhunting Liverpool fan, though.

So, you're the freak who sneaks up to people in their cars at Benton Asda, get a life you sad twat

I let him reverse first as my kids were getting their seatbelts on.

Nice poem you shared in the McLean thread. Very moving.

All the best,

sad twat. :good:

Suarez: "I insist I don't dive in the penalty area"

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11669/8241577/Liverpool-striker-Luis-Suarez-says-he-does-not-go-down-easily

Liverpool striker Luis Suarez has refuted diving accusations which continue to be levelled in his direction.

The Uruguay international has earned an unwelcome reputation for going down too easily, with match officials now loathe to give him a decision inside the penalty area.

Suarez admits the label is driving him mad, with there plenty of statistics to back up his claim that he is singled out for rough treatment by opposition defences.

He said: "I insist I don't dive in the penalty area. This is my career and the bad reputation created around me is unjust.

"If you analyse the statistics I am one of the forwards who receives the most fouls and free kicks.

"There always seems to be controversy surrounding me but I accept the referee's decisions - they are only human.

"I accept the criticism against me but many people attack me without reason. That doesn't please me but I try to do my best day by day."

• 1 month later...

All 96 inquest verdicts arising from the Hillborough disaster quashed...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-20772416

Pretty much a formality after the report of the inquiry. New inquests are a fair way off apparently, but they'll get done and anyone found to have broken the law as a result of the verdicts will face prosecution. Good.

• 4 months later...

Suarez gets 10 game ban. Liverpool in righteuos indignation say this is over the top for something they themselves described as unacceptable.

:lol:

Hilarious isn't it. All there "he has let This Football Club down" nonsense at the start of the week summed them up perfectly - love to see themselves as some sort of special ambassadors to the game, full of integrity and principal, but when it comes down to it they are just as hypocritical and self interested as anybody else.