Took some stuff to the tip last night after the game and heard a bit of 606. He cut off an Everton fan who had the temerity to question whether Liverpool were the biggest club on Merseyside any more. Apparently attendances prove liverpool top be the biggest club.

Good to know we're unquestionably the 3rd biggest club in the league.

Everton though, I mean it is taking the piss. They should have a police blockade around Goodison every bonfire neet for obvious reasons.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoony..where do you start with that fuckin strap-on? :lol:

How about being a plastic scouser in your 40s still wishing to be known as "Spoony"?.....living down south you come across these types cluttering up bar rooms whenever "their" team is on spouting utter bollocks,but this cunts made a career out of it! :lol:

Sorry Meenzer but I find this sort of toss piece a lot more offensive than Littlejohn.

Spoony just got the job for PC reasons tbh. He already had a job at the BBC DJ-ing 'Speed Garage'. His lack of knowledge is absolutely appalling. I'm not even sure if he's still on because I rarely listen to 606 anymore. But as you say, Liverpool fan who's lived all his life in London just about sums the bloke up. He did a series of in depth interviews as well which were painful.

Yeah im a regular there .

Enjoyed his kick-back at the BBC execs this week following his Radio London (?) sacking / "brew-ha-ha"

aye, he spent the whole two hour show after he found out (via the media apparently? Evening Standard perhaps?) annhilalting the BBC.."is this how you treat cancer survivors??!!...get rid of whole floors of middle management and you'd save more money" etc etc :lol:

aye, he spent the whole two hour show after he found out (via the media apparently? Evening Standard perhaps?) annhilalting the BBC.."is this how you treat cancer survivors??!!...get rid of whole floors of middle management and you'd save more money" etc etc :lol:

Ha aye good on'm, go'ondanny !

"pinheads and weasels" :lol:

Dippers have gained less points in BR's first 10 games than they did under Hodgson.

No Kenny waiting in the wings this time though, is there?

I dont feel one way or the other about LFC, but we've got 4 points out of the last two league games and we've been shite really. They ddint bother us too much yesterday but they played well last week v Everton and deserved more. Another couple of strikers are what they need, not sure about Huntelaar, didnt realise he's 30 next birhtday. But it is amusing to look at their answers when it was suggested that Pardew wouldve been a good appointment. For my money he's light years in fron of Rogers because he's a horses-for-courses pragmatist.Thats why Demba starts every game, becauase he's a beast and a top class finisher. Rogers got rid of Andy Carroll for the same reasons. A "playing philosophy" hasnt won a fuckin thing for decades and never will.

As I was busy I half watched the match / half listened to it on 5Live (should've stuck Radio Newcastle on I suppose) but Alan Green is an absolute disgrace. I know it's no secret he's a Liverpool fan but he nearly wet his pants any time they got near our box and could barely contain his disappointment when Cabaye put us in front.

A few years ago Green was a guest on a Roger Tames inspired Tyne Tees generic sports show they used to conjure up now and then, (not sure if it was the one where they thought the football supporters of the North East were dying to hear Manc weekly guest, Terry Christian talk about Man U), anyway, Green's on and we're the first English side to qualify for the CL by finishing second. Green's not happy about this at all, 'Should only be for champions' which is a fair enough statement as many did and still feel that should be the case. Roger de Courcy Tames then comes out with 'Well that's the new criteria by UEFA and NUFC qualify by being second' and Green then came out with this gem, 'Well if UEFA want a second club from England in the CL then it has to be Liverpool' After a few WTF looks from the panel and a few of the audience who were sober enough to notice, (think the show was late on a friday night), Green states how it should only be a club like Liverpool who have a great European tradition getting in as 'guests' rather than the team finishing second. I've only heard him commentate once on a Liverpool v NUFC game and this is the one where we were winning but had a player sent off then lost 4-2. He was fucking ecstatic but had the good grace to still be scathing of us. A complete cunt.

Took some stuff to the tip last night after the game and heard a bit of 606. He cut off an Everton fan who had the temerity to question whether Liverpool were the biggest club on Merseyside any more. Apparently attendances prove liverpool top be the biggest club.

Good to know we're unquestionably the 3rd biggest club in the league.

I heard that too on my way to work. The first Liverpool fan on was from, (roll drums............Cornwall).

He's a bit like quite a lot of people at the Beeb where he used to be good but now just goes through the motions. He's always fucking moaning if it's not an exciting match as well. Just retire and let someone else have their dream job then if it's that much of a drag.

Him and Lawrenson both share this idea that the game isn't worthy of their presence, Green in particular thinks he's a major star with an opinion the likes of Fergie takes notice of, never mind plebs like you and me. If I was a producer and they started this 'bored' routine I'd sack them the next day.

I wish Coloccini had broken Suarez's legs. Waste of a perfectly good red card!

I sort of do but I think in all honesty I'm glad he didn't. If a footballer ever makes proper (and i mean proper, knee snapping) contact with an opponent on the floor from a stamp then he'd be looking at a lengthy if not permanent ban and the possibility of a spell at Her Maj's Pleasure.

I sort of do but I think in all honesty I'm glad he didn't. If a footballer ever makes proper (and i mean proper, knee snapping) contact with an opponent on the floor from a stamp then he'd be looking at a lengthy if not permanent ban and the possibility of a spell at Her Maj's Pleasure.

Why? they get away with the type of physical assaults in rugby every week which, if you did it to someone in the street, you'd be jailed. You appear to think football is, or possibly should be, different?

He obviously fucking hates Suarez because he wasn't his normal, controlled self the whole game but he went about it all the wrong way. He should've been making sly digs and playing on Suarez's rep for diving. Easier said then done like as Suarez was having one of his better games.

Well you just have to look at the police involvement re racist words to see what WOULD happen.

As to what SHOULD happen, I think players can reasonably expect to play without fear of deliberate attempts to maim them. If I was playing football, rugby or even a martial art in any context and some cunt deliberately stamped on my ankle or knee whilst I laid on the floor and shattered it I'd be pressing charges, and considering the resulting lengthy surgery and recovery I'd probably sue him to boot.

Obviously this is Suarez we're talking about here who is of course an epic cunt and if anybody does deserve that sort of thing to happen to him he does, but I wouldn't want Colo banned for months or in the clink as payment.

Re Keane I thought of that yesterday, but Haaland didn't want to take it further, did he? And wasn't that a tackle (albeit a nasty, dangerous premeditated one) rather than a stamp on a prone man. Plus football has come a long way since then - remember Ben Thatcher's 8(?) game ban for polaxing Pedro Mendez.

The Roy Keane thing has taken on mystical status but Haaland actually played again and it was the (long-term, pre-existing) injury to his other leg (iirc) that finished his career. I think that's why there was no chance of him persuing Keane in terms of comp or whatever. He could've perhaps tried to go for a criminal prosecution after Keane admitted in his book it was deliberate etc. but given what I've said it basically just amounted to a (very) nasty foul so it would've been pretty pointless on that score too I think.

An email exchange between me and a Liverpool fan

Is it just me or is Brendan Rodgers not starting to really annoy you? After the match last night he said Liverpool were 'magnificent'. After the toon game on Sunday he said they were 'fabtastic'. That's a home draw and a defeat he was referring to.

Liverpool are currently 12th in the Prem, two points ahead of Villa and Sunderland who are joint 17th (and both terrible), and Pool have only won two games out of 10 this season in the league.

He is starting to annoy me with his blind optimism and startling ignorance of what an average side he has.

He is starting to annoy me in the same way as Mark 'it's never my fault' Hughes.

He is starting to annoy me in that I am having to re-direct some of my anti-Hughes to another manager

Discuss

And can I just say that this is a brilliant email and definitely heading in the right direction. It's a journey and despite the spelling errors, lack of syntax, punctuation or grammar, we are magnificent. Definitely

I don’t like the temerity of the man; to act like he’s bringing in this new style of football. He didn’t do it at Reading, or Swansea and he certainly didn’t introduce passing football to Liverpool for goodness sakes. Wenger brought a new style to Arsenal, they moved from “1-0 to the Ar suh null” to some of the most dazzling displays we’ve ever seen. Brendan Rodgers is not playing Tiki-Taka, he’s playing statistics football. The same crime that Allardyce is lambasted for. They both operate under the ethos that percents and territory matter above the pesky “score” statistics.

I think some of his press conferences reek of that Iraqi intelligence general, Comical Ali, who denied there were any Allied troops in the city as a Centurion tank rumbled along the road in the back ground.

An old one this, and with many versions, but still :P

A United fan, a Liverpool fan and a Arsenal fan were caught by Saudi-Arabian police

And were sentenced to death. However, after many months and with the help of very good lawyers they were able to successfully appeal their sentence down to life imprisonment. By a stroke of luck, it was a Saudi national holiday the day their trial finished, and the extremely benevolent Sheikh decided they could be.

... Released after receiving just 20 lashes each of the whip. The Sheikh allowed everyone of the fans a wish before taking the lashes, the Arsenal fan asked the seikh to tie a pillow in his back, but the pillow lasted only for 10 lashes. Liverpool fan asked the seikh to tie two pillows in his back though it only lasted for 15 lashes. The seikh then turned to the ManUtd fan and said “You are from a most beautiful part of the world, your city has some of the best and most loyal football fans in the world. For this, you may have two wishes!” “Cheers mate, your Most Royal and Merciful highness”, The ManUtd fan replies. “In recognition of your kindness, my first wish is that you give me not 20, but 200 lashes. ”

“Not only are you an honourable, handsome and powerful man, you are also very brave. “The Sheik says with an admiring look on his face. “If 200 lashes is what you desire, then so be it. And your second wish? What is it to be? ” the Sheik asks. “Please tie the Liverpool fan to my back. ”