• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'I've already decided 3 of you are not good enough, it's up to each and every one of you to spend all season worrying about it'

It's like something David Brent would do. :lol:

This is why referees pick on Suarez, Rodgers. Try and organise a meeting with officials over behaviour like this.

suarezgif.gif

Think he's just cemented himself as the league's most vile player.

What an absolute cock! :lol:

Tell you what's funny though, the amount of Mancs (rightly!) berating Suarez for diving. I'm guessing they've forgotten Ashley Young plays for them??

I'd of sued that Chang bloke, it was definately at least harrassment from him.

Taking money out of his charitable donations fund to hire private investigators :lol: if that's true Chang would of been better off leaving that bit out as it makes him look shockingly bad.

Read that earlier, unbelievable stuff.

Reinforces my disdain for Twitter gossip and how much significance people attach to it. As for the behaviour of Liverpool's communications guy, well, sums that club up really.

He told me that if I didn't tweet as requested by Thursday night, and/or that further checks with their suspected mole revealed links to me, that he would hand over all of my info (from the dossier compiled by the people hired to find me) to the embittered journalists and ask them to do their worst, to run smear stories on me in the tabloid press. He said "they will make your life hell, and will turn all Liverpool supporters against you. The papers will say you cost the club you claim to love serious money, that you wilfully damaged the club".

"You know how crazy football fans are", he said, "You'll have dog shit coming through your letterbox, you'll have to take your Facebook page down, you might even have to move house".

He repeated the stuff about dog shit coming through my letterbox several times, reiterating that football fans, especially Liverpool FC fans, are crazy and would make my life a living hell.

He then said the papers would also "ruin your Dad's online business".

Unbelievable. Interesting to see if anything comes out of this, how can Liverpool FC as a business condone these threats?

Rodgers comes across as very David Brent during this documentary doesn't he? His team talks just sound like bollocks no one looks remotely inspired listening to him. I wish we could do something similar with AVB who must just blind the Spurs team with made up isms.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/19935925

looks like the green light for the re-devlopment of Anfield....the BBC aren't comitting themselves to a figure, but I ddi read 65k at the weekend....fuck knows how they think they'll fill that like but there you go...

There was a 70,000 waiting list, which they started to clean up two years ago. The clean up was needed because the original 70,000 list would have contained double entries, change of circumstances death etc...

They sent letters out to the first 25,000 on the list to see if they still wanted to be on it, and they would have to pay £5.00 to show commitment. As far as I know they have stopped the list at 25,000 and will only add to it as ST's become available. My mate got one of the new issues this summer after being on the list for 13 years.

There was a 70,000 waiting list, which they started to clean up two years ago. The clean up was needed because the original 70,000 list would have contained double entries, change of circumstances death etc...

They sent letters out to the first 25,000 on the list to see if they still wanted to be on it, and they would have to pay £5.00 to show commitment. As far as I know they have stopped the list at 25,000 and will only add to it as ST's become available. My mate got one of the new issues this summer after being on the list for 13 years.

Fair enough, but in today's economic climate people will find it difficult to afford it year on year...the real die hards have their ST's and have had for decades. What happened at The Emirates may inform what happens at Anfield...after the initial huge wave of interest your more casual supporter (you're counting on these to fill the new seats, those that paid the 5er) may lose a bit of interest if things aren't going so well on the pitch. And LFC haven't (comparatively) really been pulling many trees up lately.

Another question is why you've never managed to cram more than 50k in over a season before, even when you had arguably the best team on the planet?...has Anfield always been officially restricted to <50k? Crowds in a lot of cases rose to record levels at a lot of clubs after the re-devlopment of the last 20 years, there'd never been a London club which had averaged over 60k until Arsenal moved to the Emirates, but looking at what LFC have averaged over the years coupled with the economy being on its arse and the teams form being fairly average, I think you'd struggle to find and extra 20k fans paying top dollar 18 times a season at the moment.

Cant even fill Anfield as it is now fucking big club :lol:

That's what I think too. If they go to 60,000 I think they'd still probably average about 50-55,000 though, and I do think at some point we should explore the possibility of going from 53 to 60,000+ if we can, maybe making the Gallowgate like the Leazes all the way around.

I wonder what this means for Everton's hopes of a new ground, not that they need one in my view certainly capacity wise, but they look destined to stay at Goodison forever.

Fair enough, but in today's economic climate people will find it difficult to afford it year on year...the real die hards have their ST's and have had for decades. What happened at The Emirates may inform what happens at Anfield...after the initial huge wave of interest your more casual supporter (you're counting on these to fill the new seats, those that paid the 5er) may lose a bit of interest if things aren't going so well on the pitch. And LFC haven't (comparatively) really been pulling many trees up lately.

Another question is why you've never managed to cram more than 50k in over a season before, even when you had arguably the best team on the planet?...has Anfield always been officially restricted to <50k? Crowds in a lot of cases rose to record levels at a lot of clubs after the re-devlopment of the last 20 years, there'd never been a London club which had averaged over 60k until Arsenal moved to the Emirates, but looking at what LFC have averaged over the years coupled with the economy being on its arse and the teams form being fairly average, I think you'd struggle to find and extra 20k fans paying top dollar 18 times a season at the moment.

The capacity of Anfield was between 56 and 62000 from 1955 to 1980. Since the early 80's their capacity went to 51,000 then 45,000 and it's largely stayed like that since. Newcastle averaged a world record 57,000 after world war 2, but even with their success Liverpool couldn't get near it, which says a lot about the natural fanbases of both clubs back in the day.

, and I do think at some point we should explore the possibility of going from 53 to 60,000+ if we can, maybe making the Gallowgate like the Leazes all the way around.

That'd be mint but i can't see it happening anytime soon unfortunately (for a multitude of reasons). Was it fact or just a commonly held myth that we can't get planning permission to extend the East stand because of the houses behind it? Might be a load of shite but I've heard that fairly consistently.

Edited by ADP

That'd be mint but i can't see it happening anytime soon unfortunately (for a multitude of reasons). Was it fact or just a commonly held myth that we can't get planning permission to extend the East stand because of the houses behind it? Might be a load of shite but I've heard that fairly consistently.

They are listed so no chance.

Listed buildings so we're fucked. I do think if we maintain the level we are at with a sensible pricing approach we could get 60,000+ fans at the bigger games, would depend how much it would cost.