mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

'Wow! It's so exciting in the championship, marra! 🤩 I canna beleyve wa took the piss outta the mags for getting relagayated, the stewpid bastads shoulda just stopped down instead of going up to the boring leyage. FTM.' 

mackem-logic.jpg.f614556c7436eb5e63aacc5ec84c83a8.jpg

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, Alex said:

Tbf, being half decent in the Championship is probably better than being absolute fucking dog shit in the Premier League 

You're probably right but you don't want to go there unless you had a very good idea you'd get promoted asap, if it doesn't work out you're there for a long time. They watched us and I'm guessing quite a few thought it would be a doddle. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Alex said:

Tbf, being half decent in the Championship is probably better than being absolute fucking dog shit in the Premier League 

they were the best seasons of the Ashley era apart from the freak year we finished 5th 

• Like 4

They’d love to be promoted. It was more a dig at what a shambles they’d be if they did go up. They’ve got a chance as the division is so tight beyond the top two. The flip side to that is about 12 teams are in with a realistic chance of making the playoffs 

• Like 1

I personally look forward to them finishing in about 16th and watching them go fucking ballistic due to these new assumptions they’re the best team in the Championship (and therefore England since the PL is shite). The owners will be shocked after expecting overwhelming thanks from the support for keeping them in the second tier but instead are met with abuse and fecal matter. 

• Haha 6

28 minutes ago, Alex said:

They’d love to be promoted. It was more a dig at what a shambles they’d be if they did go up. They’ve got a chance as the division is so tight beyond the top two. The flip side to that is about 12 teams are in with a realistic chance of making the playoffs 

They'd be ragged all over if they managed to go up. A league which is as tight as theirs is generally a sign the quality isn't as good at the top which is another good indicator of the hidings they'd take if it fell their way and they got up via the play offs. It would be a spectacular gamble if they tried a Fulham or Forest as their finances are fucked as it is. I can't believe whoever is in charge this week would do anything other than bank the money and take the parachute payments which long term would probably be in the club's best interests if they wanted a chance of actually staying in the PL another time.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, NJS said:

Aren't a lot of their players loanees? 

Sounds a lot like Forest last/this year. 

I'm not sure but they've a history of getting plenty of loans but I couldn't tell you most of their players names let alone if they're FT employees or not? :lol: 

5 hours ago, Alex said:

They’ve got a chance as the division is so tight beyond the top two. The flip side to that is about 12 teams are in with a realistic chance of making the playoffs or being relegated

FYP

So, there was a thread last week on the SMB about how shit their stadium is, but at the same time ir was mich better than SJP, obviously. A few posters commented about "shit" greenhouse roof on the Milburn and Leazes stands. You know, the one which is an architectural wonder and one of the largest cantilevered atructures in Europe, flooding the stadium with natural light?

Screenshot_20230102_182004_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c783d4dea1e08102121435b5e09a3647.jpg

Anyway, I'm at Centreparcs at the moment but something was nagging me yesterday when I was swimming in the subtropical paradise. Then it struck me. I couldn't help thinking this is alright, but it would be much better if thet replaced the glass roof with corrugated iron, like at the SoL. 

• Haha 12

3 hours ago, Renton said:

So, there was a thread last week on the SMB about how shit their stadium is, but at the same time ir was mich better than SJP, obviously. A few posters commented about "shit" greenhouse roof on the Milburn and Leazes stands. You know, the one which is an architectural wonder and one of the largest cantilevered atructures in Europe, flooding the stadium with natural light?

Screenshot_20230102_182004_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c783d4dea1e08102121435b5e09a3647.jpg

Anyway, I'm at Centreparcs at the moment but something was nagging me yesterday when I was swimming in the subtropical paradise. Then it struck me. I couldn't help thinking this is alright, but it would be much better if thet replaced the glass roof with corrugated iron, like at the SoL. 

tbh that's about as much praise as we can ever likely expect. In terms of the atmosphere, I agree with them about when it was pre-L7. The noise when the Gallowgate corners were finished was utterly insane.

18 hours ago, Rosco said:

Yep your in the big boys league now lads🤣

Love the 2nd comment

Screenshot (104).png

Saying that 16th placed Hull are genuine contenders for the Play Off spot isn't the brag he thinks it is 

Rumours abound that they're going to do lose their top scorer again, because that always goes well. 

27 minutes ago, NJS said:

Haven't they lost that Simms back to Everton as well? - could be both main strikers. 

Yeah, apparently Simms has gone, that Diallo from Man Utd is a loanee too so the risk they could actually lose all three of them. :lol: