mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

Short has paid off all of their debt..?

The man is insane. But if thats true, he has saved them, and they'll recover quickly IMO.

It doesn't make sense why he would do that? Unless he knows the club's liabilities and FFP meant he was going to lose a shitload more next season.

Billionaires don't give away money for nowt

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

It doesn't make sense why he would do that? Unless he knows the club's liabilities and FFP meant he was going to lose a shitload more next season.

Billionaires don't give away money for nowt

Why are they all reacting like this is what has happened then?

Yeah but that's what the statement says, apparently. That he wrote the debt off. Whereas we're simply looking at this being unlikely on the grounds that he'd have to be fucking mental to do it.

But the statement does say he did...

“To achieve this, higher offers from less qualified buyers were rejected and I have paid off all debts owed by the club and leave it financially strong and debt free for the first time since years before I owned it.”

If I was a MLF, I’d be wondering why he didn’t pay off the debt years ago, and give them a chance off avoiding this stellar descent through the leagues. :D

Glad he’s waited to deliver this parting hoof in the nuts, though. 

4 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

If I was a MLF, I’d be wondering why he didn’t pay off the debt years ago, and give them a chance off avoiding this stellar descent through the leagues. :D

Glad he’s waited to deliver this parting hoof in the nuts, though. 

:lol:  Hadn't even considered that.  The gift that keeps on giving.

I've never known a club fanbase as obsessed about wanting old managers back. :lol: Quite a few wanting Keane back, some after McCarthy and a couple mentioning Allardyce! Also seen Lampard and Gerrard mentioned. :lol:

16 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

I've never known a club fanbase as obsessed about wanting old managers back. :lol: Quite a few wanting Keane back, some after McCarthy and a couple mentioning Allardyce! Also seen Lampard and Gerrard mentioned. :lol:

The Lampard and Gerrard one’s are yet another example of them wanting a connection to successful clubs, so they can be a part of it. That’s exactly why they loved Roy Keane despite him being a pretty poor manager. It’s fucking pathetic, then again I’m being harsh they are a League One club so them being small time is exactly what they should be. 

The best part is they’re all bopping about going “where’s the mags now?” as if something really good has happened to them, while it’s a positive that they seem debt free the new owner puts them firmly in the lower league bracket. They all seem convinced that they’ll now be getting a big name manager in, and be in a position so spunk money. As 247 said any consortium fronted by the owner of Eastleigh is hardly going to be the Abu Dhabi United group is it :lol: 

Edited by Howay

4 hours ago, Tom said:

Coleman gone :lol: 

I only found out about this as i scrolled down the main football page on the BBC website, it's below news stories about women's football and food fights at an Arsenal game :D

I guess a League 1 manager leaving is not big news :icon_lol:

51 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

'Where's the mags?' :lol:

I've noticed a few debt and HMRC posts popping up regarding us now they're apparently 'debt free'. 

:lol: Honestly it’s fucking gold on there, an itk thread saying it’s Staveley with a Spanish consortium now :lol::lol: so itk but there wasn’t a whiff a bloke that owned Eastleigh would be buying them ffs. They’re all lapping it up as “that’ll wind the mags right up”, I can’t wait until it finally dawns on them that they’ve been bought by a bloke who has about £8m and a few of his mates. 

Edited by Howay
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Howay said:

:lol: Honestly it’s fucking gold on there, an itk thread saying it’s Staveley with a Spanish consortium now :lol::lol: so itk but there wasn’t a whiff a bloke that owned Eastleigh would be buying them ffs. They’re all lapping it up as “that’ll wind the mags right up”, I can’t wait until it finally dawns on them that they’ve been bought by a mate who has about £8m and a few of his mates. 

He's got Spanish backers and they're all wanting tapas and San Miguel on draft, a new alliance is born, me gusta espanol, marra! no sundIreland and Guinness now. :lol: Except there's no evidence of it and one or two mentioning Staveley and 'Awab' men. They seem to have a thing about misspelling Arab as awab for some fucking bizarre reason? Anyway, atm it's a bloke from Eastleigh worth £8.4m with a supposed consortium some of whom are being described as 'international'. Could be Ally Fraser and Kenny Ames based in the Costa del Sol, who knows? :D

• Haha 2

:lol::lol: Aye at the moment there’s no evidence to convince me that the international consortium aren’t Stewart’s mates who own the red lion in Benidorm. I’m going to say the reason for saying awab is racism, no evidence but it’s a fan base that racially abused the mother of their best player and since they love sweeping generalizations I’m going to go with that. 

They seem obsessed with wanting to it be Staveley, which is no shock, but she’s not going to go from bidding on two PL clubs to buying some League one rabble so there’s not even a bit of me thinks it’s plausible. They also miss the point that Staveley WAS the frontperson in our bid, theirs is a bloke who owns Eastleigh.  They really have to stop trying to draw comparisons to us, we are in £200m-£300m bid territory, they’re in the owner literally paying to give them away territory. 

Edited by Howay
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, adios said:

:lol:  Spanish consortium.  How long before the claim Rafa's on his way to League One?

Oh it took about 2 posts after Spanish people were mentioned before that one. Still no idea if he’s still shit mind, so why would they want him?

They are relieved to be rid of Short but the thing is they had the same problem under Quinn and Murray previously - an overinflated view of their place in the world and an obsession with us leading to the hounding out of their managers for failing to compete with us. 

It may be a good thing in the short term but if they do make it back to the Premier in reasonable time I'd expect the same outcome. 

'Red Lion in Benidorm'

€1 a pint cruzcampo, €4 for 4 plus a ticket in the premier concourse at the stadium of light. See Big Tel from Eastleigh organising the trip to Sunderland, taking bookings NOW! :good:

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Wasn't "The Red Lions" a choice on their nickname poll?

:lol: It probably was aye. I’m fairly sure it’s also a mackem based Sunday league team that win everything as they pay a load of money to their players (for that level), they might be rivals for SAFC one day.