mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

Here’s a quote from their new owner:

“The other day I hit the roof because we were giving out free bottles of water which cost us 10p and the players were only drinking half of it. It’s wastage and I’ve now saved the club £500.”

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Howay said:

:lol: The best part is they’re all buzzing, they need to open their eyes as in 6 years of ownership the bloke got Eastleigh promoted once and they’ve sat bottom half of the Conference premier since. Short has paid off the debt as a charity and handed them off to the first bloke who would take them iyam, our players probably have more money than this bloke. 

It’s also possible that Short may have stipulated that he received the future parachute payments in return for his paying off the debt and sellling the club for a quid. 

A quick google and https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43032461

Couldnt afford to buy his way out of the conference :lol::lol: 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Howay said:

:lol: The best part is they’re all buzzing, they need to open their eyes as in 6 years of ownership the bloke got Eastleigh promoted once and they’ve sat bottom half of the Conference premier since. Short has paid off the debt as a charity and handed them off to the first bloke who would take them iyam, our players probably have more money than this bloke. 

It’s also possible that Short may have stipulated that he received the future parachute payments in return for his paying off the debt and sellling the club for a quid. 

In a nutshell :lol:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Howay said:

Here’s a quote from their new owner:

“The other day I hit the roof because we were giving out free bottles of water which cost us 10p and the players were only drinking half of it. It’s wastage and I’ve now saved the club £500.”

:lol:  Jesus wept, that's actually a real quote.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, 247 said:

According to this:

https://companycheck.co.uk/director/913720423/MR-STEWART-JAMES-DONALD/summary

The net worth of all the Companies he holds is about £8m. Spunked £4m of his own money on Eastleigh. 

They’d be better off if Shelvey had bought them, in fact there’s a chance Rodwell has more than this bloke. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, 247 said:

Eastleigh have changed managers frequently in recent seasons as Donald has tried to get the Hampshire club promoted to the English Football League (EFL).”

Plus ca change, plus c’est le meme chose. :D

1 minute ago, Howay said:

According to this:

https://companycheck.co.uk/director/913720423/MR-STEWART-JAMES-DONALD/summary

The net worth of all the Companies he holds is about £8m. Spunked £4m of his own money on Eastleigh. 

They’d be better off if Shelvey had bought them, in fact there’s a chance Rodwell has more than this bloke. 

:lol::lol:

You know what they will say 'hes backed by foreign investors marra' Yeah because an arab billionaire really looks down the list of clubs until he gets to mid table conference and says 'lets get this bloke' :lol::lol:

• Haha 1

Just now, 247 said:

You know what they will say 'hes backed by foreign investors marra' Yeah because an arab billionaire really looks down the list of clubs until he gets to mid table conference and says 'lets get this bloke' :lol::lol:

:lol: Probably his mate that lives on the Isle of Wight or Jersey lent him the quid that Short wanted, that’s about as international as SAFC will get now.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rayvin said:

Short has paid off all of their debt..?

The man is insane. But if thats true, he has saved them, and they'll recover quickly IMO.

Bollocks imo. If he'd paid the debt off he wouldn't have bothered giving them away for fuck all

He mentions sustainability and reconnection with the local community. I read that as no investment and relying on dogshit players from the academy. They are so fucked. :D

Edited by Renton
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Renton said:

He mentions sustainability and reconnection with the local community. I read that as no investment and relying on dogshit players from the academy. They are so fucked. :D

He had Eastleigh running at a profit (after sticking in likely half his net worth) apparently, so with what you’re saying there he’ll no doubt aim to do the same with SAFC. Imagine the fucking clip they’re going to be trying to turn a profit in League One, especially with Cattermole and Rodwell earning more than some clubs entire wage bills. 

12 minutes ago, 247 said:

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

Just now, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Better order a second season of that documentary

:lol: 

“Stewart, the clubs owner has a special message for the first team”

”How many fucking times have I told you lot to switch the lights off if you’re not in the room? In fact if there’s daylight you don’t need to even put them on! Also pack in filling your water bottles with the tap water, you can bring from home or buy from the vending machines okay?”

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Better order a second season of that documentary

Why not? SAFC the soap opera. Hell, make it into an annually updated play exclusively showing at the Empire. :D

3 minutes ago, Howay said:

:lol: 

“Stewart, the clubs owner has a special message for the first team”

”How many fucking times have I told you lot to switch the lights off if you’re not in the room? In fact if there’s daylight you don’t need to even put them on! Also pack in filling your water bottles with the tap water, you can bring from home or buy from the vending machines okay?”

As if they’ll be able to afford a 2nd team :D

• Haha 1

Just now, Monkeys Fist said:

As if they’ll be able to afford a 2nd team :D

:lol: They’ll be packing people’s bags at the super market to raise money to keep the 2nd team. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Bollocks imo. If he'd paid the debt off he wouldn't have bothered giving them away for fuck all

Aye, it doesn’t make sense to me. The debt must’ve been included in the purchase price.

20 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Aye, it doesn’t make sense to me. The debt must’ve been included in the purchase price.

Agree tbh. He might be a nice bloke but I find it a little hard to believe that he’d write off £140m and hand the club away for nowt, that just basically guarantees this new bloke can earn a tidy sum. All he has to do is use the parachute payments and player sales to pay the balance of high earners contracts, bring in a League One manager, some league one experience, mix in the youth, hope to steady in League One and then put the club on the market. 

I can’t see a bloke like Short being willing to do that. That’s why there must be a catch, he must be owed the parachute payments, perhaps a percentage of future player sales for a set period, I’ve no idea but I can’t see him doing what it first seems.