mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

1 hour ago, Alex said:

We’re the deluded ones though. I’d love to know who the people wanting rid think they’d get were they to bin Mowbray at this point. Objectively they’re in a decent position relative to what you might’ve expected from the team that finished 5th in league one last season (albeit with a good finish). Their previous manager walked out because they clearly haven’t got a pot to piss in, yet there seems to be this belief they deserve to be back in the Premier League. Which in itself completely ignores what they like when they were last there, with their persistent turd that eventually flushed act 

Their strive and focus is purely ‘to better Newcastle’. Guarantee if we were currently in League One, they’d more than be happy with the Championship.

• Like 2

Just now, strawb said:

Mowbray is a decent manager and a decent bloke from personal experience. They won’t give him the time to get it right and will struggle without him

Mowbray has always come across as a decent bloke. 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, strawb said:

Mowbray is a decent manager and a decent bloke from personal experience. They won’t give him the time to get it right and will struggle without him

36 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Mowbray has always come across as a decent bloke. 

This is the difference between us and them…

… well, that , and the extra fingers, and sister-fucking, and shitting everywhere :lol:

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Craig said:

Their strive and focus is purely ‘to better Newcastle’. Guarantee if we were currently in League One, they’d more than be happy with the Championship.

if we were to win 37 games, finish the season on on 112 points, 30 clear of 2nd place and our only blip was a draw at their place but they were relegated anyway. they would still consider their season to be a rip-roaring success.

Came out of the Empire bang at full time yesterday, so obviously loads of them had already left in a huff but the highlight was overhearing one bloke saying “I just can’t do it anymore, Dan. I’ve had enough” :lol: After a home loss to Burnley. If they think it’s bad now, wait until we start firing properly.

Also, that place after a match, fucking hell :lol: my lass nearly knocked two little rats over because they just decided to walk out into traffic, you had cars driving down bus lanes, it was like a film where people are trying to flee a city that’s about to be flattened by a tsunami. Even their own fans want to get out as quickly as possible

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Mr Human Rights Watch himself, aka Exile is currently on holiday in…..Turkey :D 

Maybe his intention is to visit the embassy to gather evidence to put to the premier league that nufc were complicit in the murder... 

• Haha 5

51 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Came out of the Empire bang at full time yesterday, so obviously loads of them had already left in a huff but the highlight was overhearing one bloke saying “I just can’t do it anymore, Dan. I’ve had enough” :lol: After a home loss to Burnley. If they think it’s bad now, wait until we start firing properly.

Also, that place after a match, fucking hell :lol: my lass nearly knocked two little rats over because they just decided to walk out into traffic, you had cars driving down bus lanes, it was like a film where people are trying to flee a city that’s about to be flattened by a tsunami. Even their own fans want to get out as quickly as possible

Tbf the Sunderland Empire is one of the five, I mean four, reasons Sunderland is better than Newcastle. 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

It fucking isn’t like :lol: Like a Mekano Theatre Royal

It was on that shite list in the echo though. I think the justification was Strictly went on tour there or something.  Which obviously tops the RSC going to the Theatre Royal every year. And it’s four things now because it included the air show 

• Haha 1

Is Crowtree Leisure Centre one of the four? It should be. I fingered a bird there, least I deserved after ice skating to Ice Ice Baby for an hour. Plus didn't Billy Hardy get his ginger mop punched off by a guy of Yemeni ancestry there? Mackems, getting chinned to pre-emptively combat sportswashing since the 90s. It should be top tbh.

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, MMXXVIII said:

Is Crowtree Leisure Centre one of the four? It should be. I fingered a bird there, least I deserved after ice skating to Ice Ice Baby for an hour. Plus didn't Billy Hardy get his ginger mop punched off by a guy of Yemeni ancestry there? Mackems, getting chinned to pre-emptively combat sportswashing since the 90s. It should be top tbh.

"I fingered a bird there"........🤣 All the classy girls went there....did you buy her cheesy chips & blue pop after

1 minute ago, Rosco said:

"I fingered a bird there"........🤣 All the classy girls went there....did you buy her cheesy chips & blue pop after

Na, she spilled those in the throes of ecstacy. That was her lot.

• Haha 3

31 minutes ago, MMXXVIII said:

Thought it had shut. Not that I’ve ever been. The Sunderland Aquatic Centre was one. The list isn’t on the Echo’s website any more, presumably due to ridicule. But I think it was the SoL ( because of the gigs there); the Empire; the Aquatic Centre; the Air Show and Sunderland having some beaches. :lol: 

1 minute ago, Alex said:

Thought it had shut. Not that I’ve ever been. The Sunderland Aquatic Centre was one. The list isn’t on the Echo’s website any more, presumably due to ridicule. But I think it was the SoL ( because of the gigs there); the Empire; the Aquatic Centre; the Air Show and Sunderland having some beaches. :lol: 

Not to mention the orrrticulturull oasiseseses. I wish it was easier to upload videos on here.

“ Aquatic Centre” makes it sound like some marine life attraction ( like the one in Tynemouth), when in fact it’s a swimming pool* in the SOS car park? 

I worked on it being built and it’s bang average, not to mention the numerous “joy packages” left in the wall cavities by its Geordie builders. :lol:

* also one of these in Tynemouth, North Shields, Killingworth, Jesmond, etc etc 

38 minutes ago, MMXXVIII said:

I wish it was easier to upload videos on here.

Is it a YouTube video? 

Just copy the link and post it and it should auto link the video. 

for example 

344AC47B-CE82-4AAE-AB99-303DC2FA34AD.thumb.jpeg.727f1fe840d7cb1eb0673db1c8d33661.jpeg

6AD616D0-EB59-411C-AD48-8962F449C9E6.thumb.jpeg.6281d165adbafc88c4022cb7b34da1a7.jpeg

Gives you …

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Is it a YouTube video? 

for example 

344AC47B-CE82-4AAE-AB99-303DC2FA34AD.thumb.jpeg.727f1fe840d7cb1eb0673db1c8d33661.jpeg

6AD616D0-EB59-411C-AD48-8962F449C9E6.thumb.jpeg.6281d165adbafc88c4022cb7b34da1a7.jpeg

Gives you …

:lol:

Was just going to say, Vic and Bob's Sunderland international film institute is the best thing in Sunderland. 

• Haha 3

54 minutes ago, Alex said:

Long been demolished I think. It was a shithole. Fucking stunk of methadone.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Is it a YouTube video? 

for example 

Gives you …

😂 it probably is but it was sent to me a while back, I'd not know what to search for.