Paolo Di Canio Hounded out by the mackems

Tooj

You'll still be claiming the three points in the derby! :-(

And I'm now fully accepting that we are going down! Overly pessimistic? Maybe!

And I'm not one for calling for Manager's heads on a kneejerk, but I think the sacking of MON was a good month over due and I fear it might all be too late for any new manager to come in and save the day!

Surely PDC cannot be any worse, in the tactical sense, than MON! Surely not!!! At least he might actually start getting us to attack - properly!!

Like Blitzkreig ??

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This whole debate on racism and fascism is getting on my tits already. Fascism is ultra nationalism, that's his point of view. Since he's been in England he's voiced his political views once, in an interview which he claims was taken out of context. So fuck in my view. He hasn't broken any laws, surely the very fabric of a democratic state allows people to hold any views they want within the spectrum of the law, so people saying he shouldn't be given this job and that job, are in effect removing civil liberty and our right to be free to think what we like.

It's boring as fuck now, as long as he doesn't break the law who gives a fuck? At the end of the day, I think it'll be a brilliant appointment for Sunderland. I don't know if he'll keep them up, but they'll come back stronger than before if they do go down in my view.

Why do you think it's a brilliant appointment from a football pov? I'm scratching my head personally, seems an utterly desperate throw of the dice to me.

So people are pissed off because his political views have killed millions? True but so has communism and I'm sure it'd be different if he claimed Stalin was misunderstood. I'm sure he just sees Mussolini as a 'strong ruler who made Italy great' instead of 'that guy who did the brilliant job of deporting Slovenes and making sure 'inferior' races were scattered across Italy.

Mostly though it's irrelevant in a country with free speech. Sunderland fans should be complaining that a relatively inexperienced man is in charge. Not because of something that has fuck all to do with football.

http://blogs.independent.co.uk/2013/04/02/di-canio-im-not-a-fascist-but-italy-did-better-under-mussolini/

Is Paolo Di Canio still a Fascist? Right now, he is not saying because he only wants to talk about football, but there is a rambling interview in a 2002 book West Ham: Irons in the Soul by Pete May (available as an e-book) in which he can be said to have answered the question:

“I never said I was a fan of Mussolini but for the media it is more easy to make the polemic. I said that after Mussolini no one political man was a patriot or a nationalist because nationalism is not equal to being a Nazi. English people are very proud of their nationalism too; my nationalism means you are proud because you are Italian…

“In Italy if the right or left win the election they don’t think in three or four years time we will give the people a better society… They don’t think tomorrow we are going to work for the people, they think tomorrow we start the publicity for the next election. They have no vision. With Mussolini I’m sure we would have had a better situation, but not in a wrong way, not with a union with the Nazis because I am not a Fascist. Then was a different time, nobody wants war, now we want peace…”

“Black or white or yellow people, gay people, men or women, they can come to my house and be my friend because I am not xenophobic.”

Why do you think it's a brilliant appointment from a football pov? I'm scratching my head personally, seems an utterly desperate throw of the dice to me.

Based upon his performance and transformation of Swindon Town, further enhanced by reading the methods he uses to get results, i.e. having players fitter and more dedicated than they've ever been before. If Saturday was owt to go by they need far more fitness, dedication and motivation, so he's ideal.

Based upon his performance and transformation of Swindon Town, further enhanced by reading the methods he uses to get results, i.e. having players fitter and more dedicated than they've ever been before. If Saturday was owt to go by they need far more fitness, dedication and motivation, so he's ideal.

There's a big difference though in dealing with players at Swindon who will undoubtedly be a bit in awe of a man like Di Canio and managing PL footballers who won't automatically have the same respect for him. Plus didn't he spend a fair bit at Swindon?

That's not to say he won't be a success, he's done well with Swindon but it's a big step up to manage in the PL.

http://blogs.indepen...nder-mussolini/

Is Paolo Di Canio still a Fascist? Right now, he is not saying because he only wants to talk about football, but there is a rambling interview in a 2002 book West Ham: Irons in the Soul by Pete May (available as an e-book) in which he can be said to have answered the question:

yellow people :lol:

There's a big difference though in dealing with players at Swindon who will undoubtedly be a bit in awe of a man like Di Canio and managing PL footballers who won't automatically have the same respect for him. Plus didn't he spend a fair bit at Swindon?

That's not to say he won't be a success, he's done well with Swindon but it's a big step up to manage in the PL.

It is but if you don't make the step up you never know how good you're going to be. He didn't spend fortunes at Swindon, I think he lost 4 of his first 8 games and told everyone they'd piss the league when he installed his methods, and they did.

So people are pissed off because his political views have killed millions? True but so has communism and I'm sure it'd be different if he claimed Stalin was misunderstood. I'm sure he just sees Mussolini as a 'strong ruler who made Italy great' instead of 'that guy who did the brilliant job of deporting Slovenes and making sure 'inferior' races were scattered across Italy.

Mostly though it's irrelevant in a country with free speech. Sunderland fans should be complaining that a relatively inexperienced man is in charge. Not because of something that has fuck all to do with football.

Arguably capitalism has killed more.

Possibly.

Also, PDC's got a fucking monkey's heed scans pretty well.

Also, PDC's got a fucking monkey's heed scans pretty well.

I'm with this, let's keep politics out and stick to childish insults, it'll be good to hear it again.

This whole debate on racism and fascism is getting on my tits already. Fascism is ultra nationalism, that's his point of view. Since he's been in England he's voiced his political views once, in an interview which he claims was taken out of context. So fuck in my view. He hasn't broken any laws, surely the very fabric of a democratic state allows people to hold any views they want within the spectrum of the law, so people saying he shouldn't be given this job and that job, are in effect removing civil liberty and our right to be free to think what we like.

It's boring as fuck now, as long as he doesn't break the law who gives a fuck? At the end of the day, I think it'll be a brilliant appointment for Sunderland. I don't know if he'll keep them up, but they'll come back stronger than before if they do go down in my view.

I almost agree - when we used to argue with LM about how free speech meant you had to take views you found abhorrent on the chin he couldn't accept it and it can sometimes be hard. I think that maybe its long enough since WWII for people to now say Fascism is wrong but "acceptable" within the free speech remit but I think in its particular case there are a lot of people who still see it as a special case given the history and I can understand that.

I don't think Di Canio is a racist and it is possible to have ultra-nationlist views without that side of it (though its a stretch) but having said that as others have said when its a club whose fans like to talk a strange line in moral superiority and also like to play the working class card more than most it is particularlly funny to see them squirm.

Also I think some of their posts on the SMB regarding the miners union are especially loathsome.