Politics

Christmas Tree

2 hours ago, Renton said:

Well Sunak is Asian, he's a billionaire, and he is ideologically driven on austerity. He has fuck all chance of winning a single red wall seat imo. 

Driven on austerity? You must have missed the front pages of national newspapers last week waxing lyrical about his tax cuts and spending sprees.

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

Driven on austerity? You must have missed the front pages of national newspapers last week waxing lyrical about his tax cuts and spending sprees.

Supposed to be Johnson behind the money tree with the wee man delivering it as his subordinate. Fairly well known though he wants to slash public services to bone. 

Meanwhile in Germany, first full day in the job for Scholz and the newsreader on the state broadcaster has already called him Chancellor Kohl. The post-Merkel era is going to take a bit of getting used to. :lol:

You know it's starting to have an effect when you're starting to see certain people say they've 'had enough of this, EVERY MP of all party's are shit'.....is their only way of expressing that they've backed a dud.

• Like 1

What I find the funniest about this whole shitshow is that it will have been, undoubtedly, the shittest party in human history, and it’s possibly going to finish him. 

Can you imagine how shit the patter must’ve been at this (nonexistent) party? 

• Like 2

You'd imagine the sun's political editor Harry Cole may well have been at one or indeed several of these alleged parties....seeing as he literallly laid down his then partner, one Carrie Symonds, for his party & his country, then I expect he'd have no problem actually going to a party in the house she now lives in with a strange human child/old english sheepdog hybrid type thing :cuppa:

• Haha 5

40 minutes ago, Alex said:

Bercow sticking the boot in

That was magnificent, and completely true. I saw something yesterday where Dominic Grieves said the same thing. Just wish some of the current crop of tory MP cunts had the morality and bravery to challenge Johnson now. Of course he eradicated any decency the party had left in 2019.  

• Like 4

The Good Law Project has written to the Met threatening to sue if they don't investigate these parties. Obviously it's all couched in legal speak and a case presented, etc. 

Interesting times we live in where lawyers are having to sue the police to get them to apply the law. 

• Like 2

The idea that the met can’t punish a crime because it’s “retrospective” is very dangerous & they look like idiots.

”sir I pulled you over because you were speeding” 

“Aye but I’m not now” 

• Like 3

I suspect they know that, if they investigate, we'll quickly discover that they had a couple of officers stood outside the door as all the partygoers came and went, and they did nothing then and have done nothing since. 

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I suspect they know that, if they investigate, we'll quickly discover that they had a couple of officers stood outside the door as all the partygoers came and went, and they did nothing then and have done nothing since. 

That's what I said - it looks now like the parties under scrutiny may have only involved the little people rather than cabinet members with security but they must still have entrance/exit logs. 

• Like 1