Politics

Christmas Tree

Alex was spot on the other day when he said we all need to stop tormenting ourselves by reading the depressing political shit on Twitter. I've steered clear of it since and definitely feel better for it. 

5 hours ago, Renton said:

The amount of money spunked up the wall in the NHS on agency workers, no doubt to the benefit of tory donors, all because the NHS can't retain staff, and who can blame them? Not me certainly. Two years ago I was employed by the NHS to ensure only cost-effective interventions are used in the service. Lack of opportunity and a decade of real-term pay cuts ensured I jumped ship and now I am basically paid by Big Pharma to extract as much money as I can from the NHS. And I'm fucking good at it, knowing how the system works.

Someone, can't remember who and I'm paraphrasing, recently said the UK is a poor version of the USA with an NHS. Shortly it will be a poor version of the USA without an NHS. Honestly, it makes me so fucking mad but I've practically given up at this point, from now on all I can do is think of my family first and insulate myself from what's coming. 

Be the change you want to see. You don't have to work for an NHS supplier / big pharma. If you are anything like me, you'll feel better for it, even if you aren't as well off - cognitive dissonance is a thing.

5 minutes ago, scoobos said:

Be the change you want to see. You don't have to work for an NHS supplier / big pharma. If you are anything like me, you'll feel better for it, even if you aren't as well off - cognitive dissonance is a thing.

Some T&Cs working for industry, as well as pay, shit all over what the NHS can offer (a/l and pensions being exceptions, but even they are okay). It's also funny, but working for a large trust (>16,000 employees in that alone) is much more corporate than somewhere like I am presently, and I hate the corporate side of things. Fucking weraring collared shirts, proper shoes, and nightmare HR to contend with.  I don't find my work as challenging or academically rewarding as before, but everything else is better including complete freedom to wfh or go in, whenever I want. In contrast the trust made me go in during the pandemic for no justifiable reason at all given ewhat I do. Truth is I can't afford to work in the NHS or academia now anyway. NHS staff deserrve to be paid much, much more imo. And teachers. And police. And council workers. Etc. But not those people in Longbenton cos fuck knows what they do other than shuffle papers and play with paper clips all day long. ;)

55 minutes ago, Renton said:

I know its Christmas and it'll keep but I'm going to post this now or I'll forget. This is a great thread with some great graphs. Thoroughly depressing though, obvs.

Those lefties at the FT at it again 

Joking apart though I think they gambled on getting their ideologically driven shit through on the back of the ‘inevitable’ bounce back after the global economic crash. It makes me sick when a cunt like Oliver Letwin (more or less the author of the 2010 manifesto) is painted as honourable because he was against Brexit. He’s just another one who caused this and fucked off before the shit hit the fan 

Once again, blame the English electorate for it. If it weren’t for the fact that the Tories massively hit the self destruct button with Johnson’s arrogance and their election of Truss then they would probably still be neck and neck with Labour in the polls. People watched this shit show going on for years and voted them in a further three times.

• Like 1

‘What’s your plans? What are you up to this weekend?’

’Ah the usual, getting the presents ready for the kids, overdosing on pigs in blankets, Quality Street and omeprazole. *laughs*’

He's fucking homeless. Whatever answer he gives to that question can only be depressing.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, ewerk said:

‘What’s your plans? What are you up to this weekend?’

’Ah the usual, getting the presents ready for the kids, overdosing on pigs in blankets, Quality Street and omeprazole. *laughs*’

He's fucking homeless. Whatever answer he gives to that question can only be depressing.

:lol:

They're fucking robots aren't they? Why do they even pretend? They end up looking even more cuntish. 

'what's your plans?'

'Well tonight, Rishi, I'm hoping to get enough to get bladdered so if some cockney wanker bankers out on the sauce and gak happen to spot me I won't feel the pain as much when they're kicking me half to death calling me a lefty tramp.'

'Fantastic, I worked with banks as well. Christmas parties are the best!'

3 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

“Are you in finance?”

”No, I’m homeless”

Fucking hell man. I could only watch half of that, it's more cringe than David Brent. Who the fuck thought that putting a billionaire PM in a soup kitchen was good PR? :lol:

1 hour ago, Renton said:

Fucking hell man. I could only watch half of that, it's more cringe than David Brent. Who the fuck thought that putting a billionaire PM in a soup kitchen was good PR? :lol:

A Tory.

• Like 1

That and he’s literally opposed to everything Jesus supposedly preached. Like most of the CofE Tory cunts (I appreciate JRM is a catholic but the point still stands). 

• Like 1

None of them can get past the camel through the eye of a needle line - it's a silver bullet for just about every tory/republican/vaguely right winger who claims Christianity and is rich by any stretch of the imagination - especially biblical. 

Compounded by the lie I and everyone else was taught about city gates. 

• Like 2