Next NUFC Manager

Tooj

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the misunderstanding is that Ashley hasn't said ANY of this stuff.

:lol: When was the last time Ashley ever said something on record about the football side of things? This list of 5 is just made up fluff by the papers who are yet again in the dark.

Carver mentioned the "head coach" thing I think the other day. To all intents and purposes that's what we've since Allardyce was sacked. So I'm a bit surprised that some appear to have been taken a bit unawares by this news. THERE AGAIN PERHAPS NOT.....

Aye, a lot of Palace fans seem to think he was responsible for finding our better signings.

:lol: They need to knock it on the head linking us to all these good coaches, it'll make it all the more frustrating when we get some old nobber we'd all thought had given up on a career in football.

I'd love Paul Clement like. He has a huge amount of experience working on the continent behind the scenes at big clubs, and always seems to know the crack whenever I hear him talk. Always wondered when he would make the step up (I've heard him say several times that he wants to in the future and probably in the Premier League), I think that could potentially be a great appointment for a team in our position.

As someone else said, we have had a 'Head Coach' role for years. The only reason it is being spouted about now is that we haven't advertised that role in the past 4 years, since the 'head coach' structure of a football club has become more common in British football.

At this point I have literally no idea what Ashley is going to do. It could be Clement. It could be Carver. It could be Hoddle. It could be Kinnear. Nothing would surprise me. He hasn't dropped a clanger for a while though...

Clementyne has certainly got plenty of coaching experience and his latest job certainly can't be a defensive minded one.

Something tells me only money would attract him to us as I'm sure he has a bright future ahead.

Clementyne has certainly got plenty of coaching experience and his latest job certainly can't be a defensive minded one.

Something tells me only money would attract him to us as I'm sure he has a bright future ahead.

If he wants to go into management then he'll need some experience as a club manager before an english CL club will even look at him though.

Stepping stone club.

Still think Carver till the end of the season is odds on. Will be pleasantly surprised if we get Garde in the next fortnight. Most of the others on the alleged "short list" are tricky to get right now for one reason or another. Hoddle will be under contract at QPR and 'arry needs all the help he can fuckin get iyam.

:lol: They need to knock it on the head linking us to all these good coaches, it'll make it all the more frustrating when we get some old nobber we'd all thought had given up on a career in football.

Terry-Venables-001.jpg

"What's that Mike, the King has left the building?"

Terry-Venables-600x450.jpg

"...and you need a new King..."

...next minute on nufc.co.uk

Newcastle United can confirm that the search for a new head coach is over. Former England Manager Terry 'El Tel' Venebles has been appointed to the position, taking control with immediate effect.
68_tel_280x390_555389a.jpg
Venebles, pictured with the budget and brief for his new role.