John Carver Football Genius

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's 10+ games since Perez scored isn't it? Made sense to give someone else a go

He did well on his own, but I think we need to give him support when he's on the pitch, the kind that Cisse can't/won't give.

Maybe Rivière can produce? Doubt it.

SDJ would probably have helped a lot

Far from being an advocate for giving him the job full-time but, results-wise, Carver has done ok*. Totally safe now so Ashley will think he's played a blinder.

*Under the circumstances

You see Carver didn't know who to nominate for corners and what not, until one of the coaches told him that Sammy could take set pieces?

For Fucks Sake

You see Carver didn't know who to nominate for corners and what not, until one of the coaches told him that Sammy could take set pieces?

For Fucks Sake

Well he's only just taken over the job you know. It's not like he's been coaching us for years.....

For Fucks Sake

Surprised no one's mentioned west ham conceading 3 from set peices v palace on Saturday :cuppa:

You know at this stage I don't think I'd give two shits if Carver got the gig full time. The guy obviously loves the club. He's from Newcastle. Which I think does count for something. He's doing just as well as Pardew did before him (granted that's not a very high bar).

But really at the end of the day we're obviously going nowhere fast whilst Ashley is here. So what difference does it make?

Shit like this makes me crazy

I was quite pleased when Taylor had to come on, so we actually had someone who can take a free kick or corner, but we still did not use him all the time

You know at this stage I don't think I'd give two shits if Carver got the gig full time. The guy obviously loves the club. He's from Newcastle. Which I think does count for something. He's doing just as well as Pardew did before him (granted that's not a very high bar).

But really at the end of the day we're obviously going nowhere fast whilst Ashley is here. So what difference does it make?

Fair point, but your prejudice won't keep you warm tonight.

Far from being an advocate for giving him the job full-time but, results-wise, Carver has done ok*. Totally safe now so Ashley will think he's played a blinder.

*Under the circumstances

Reckon the Burnley and Stoke results are a mark against him. Less so Stoke maybe because they're actually set to finish top half but conceding 3 to Burnley after leading 3 times should have the warning signs flashing. See also: Pardew vs. Crystal Palace this season. As an aside, our goal difference is -11 (:lol:) and I can't wait to see how low it drops after this run of games.

Reckon the Burnley and Stoke results are a mark against him. Less so Stoke maybe because they're actually set to finish top half but conceding 3 to Burnley after leading 3 times should have the warning signs flashing. See also: Pardew vs. Crystal Palace this season. As an aside, our goal difference is -11 ( :lol:) and I can't wait to see how low it drops after this run of games.

I agree. I think doing ok is still a fair enough assessment though in light of their being plenty things against him and the low expectations virtually everyone (my self included) had. Did you think we'd be (more or less) totally safe with 11 games still to go? I didn't.

I agree. I think doing ok is still a fair enough assessment though in light of their being plenty things against him and the low expectations virtually everyone (my self included) had. Did you think we'd be (more or less) totally safe with 11 games still to go? I didn't.

I thought we'd beat Villa and Burnley and that'd probably sort us. In the end, it turned out to be Hull and Villa but aye, I expected to be alright, just because of the total shite around him. I agree it hasn't been the complete disaster that many thought but it's feels like an epilogue to Pardew and the football is similarly shite, which is what is actually annoying me the most. God help us if he's here next season though. I reckon it'd be shite but without those fluky runs that Pardew would go on.

Edited by Ayatollah Hermione

I thought we'd beat Villa and Burnley and that'd probably sort us. In the end, it turned out to be Hull and Villa but aye, I expected to be alright, just because of the total shite around him. I agree it hasn't been the complete disaster that many thought but it's feels like an epilogue to Pardew and the football is similarly shite, which is what is actually annoying me the most. God help us if he's here next season though. I reckon it'd be shite but without those fluky runs that Pardew would go on.

I agree again. I think he'd be a disaster if he got the gig on a permanent basis. I don't think he will but I've given up trying to second guess Pizza the Hutt, so who knows?

The football is shite under Carver because thats how good the players are.

The football was shite under Pardew because thats how good the players were.

The only time we've played good football in the last 4 years was when we had good players in the first 11.

Its this basic logic which meant i didnt detest Pardew as much as many on here. To be fair, i am glad he has gone but the post-Pardew world is no surprise to me at all. 42 points + and it will be Carver in charge next year.

The football is shite under Carver because thats how good the players are.

The football was shite under Pardew because thats how good the players were.

The only time we've played good football in the last 4 years was when we had good players in the first 11.

Its this basic logic which meant i didnt detest Pardew as much as many on here. To be fair, i am glad he has gone but the post-Pardew world is no surprise to me at all. 42 points + and it will be Carver in charge next year.

So why are you glad he's gone then?