Newcastle United v West Ham United

Christmas Tree

Fuck me that was exhausting. Battered them first half, gifted them a way back into the game. There's definitely enough spirit here to get us safe though. Saivet had a quiet debut but made no mistakes, Shelvey looks to be the play we've been missing although he's taken over Tiote's mantle of shooting from anywhere. GIni our best player by a mile, Sissoko is an absolute beast. Mitro offers so much with his hold up play, just needs some confidence to start finishing. Good day all round

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What started out like it was going to be a cake-walk turned out to be a bit of a nail-biter in the 2nd half.

Wijnaldum is top of the class.

Mitrovic is at the bottom.

Shelvey was brill in the first half but faded a bit in the second.

Colo was a jewel on the Tyne again.

Well earned 3 points and if we continue to play like that we'll get enough to stay up and more.

Wot the fuck does McClaren see in Gouffran??

What started out like it was going to be a cake-walk turned out to be a bit of a nail-biter in the 2nd half.

Wijnaldum is top of the class.

Mitrovic is at the bottom.

Shelvey was brill in the first half but faded a bit in the second.

Colo was a jewel on the Tyne again.

Well earned 3 points and if we continue to play like that we'll get enough to stay up and more.

Wot the fuck does McClaren see in Gouffran??

The reason he brought on Gouffran is because he believes he can defend better than Perez, they brought on Jenkinson who likes to get forward so I'm guessing Gouffran was brought on to nullify that threat. I'm not a Gouff fan at all but Jenkinson didn't cause any problems so it worked.

We should have won this 5 or 6-1, but I'll take the 3 points, thank you very much.

Everyone played well. Shelvey teaching our midfield how to pick out a pass forward is greatly appreciated.

Someone, said Mitro was bottom but other than his poor finishing, he did a fantastic job of holding up the ball tonight.

And finally, I am probably the first in line to get rid of Colo, but the last two games he has been absolutely fantastic. It is about time he starts playing and acting like a captain, hope it continues. Well done everyone.

The reason he brought on Gouffran is because he believes he can defend better than Perez, they brought on Jenkinson who likes to get forward so I'm guessing Gouffran was brought on to nullify that threat. I'm not a Gouff fan at all but Jenkinson didn't cause any problems so it worked.

Aye to be fair Perez was blowing out his arse after 70 mins so he needed to come off, if we get Townsend we wont see Gouffran play whether he goes or not tbh.

Sissoko had the touch of an elephant at times despite looking good, Wijnaldum has been fucking wasted out left for half a season as most have already seen bar our manager, Mitrovic is a player no doubt, but has zero confidence and needs too much time to get his shot in, I like the lad but I'd be 'quietly, behind the scenes' looking at another striker in case he gets no better with time, because as much as I like aspects of his game, he's meant to score goals. Gouffran was a mental sub by McClaren and nearly gave away a penalty that was his ball all day and we still don't have a left back. So frustrating the end of that game when we played so well early on. Impressed with Shelvey early on just hope he doesn't get frustrated with nufc life when one player going off means multi Reshuffles because we don't have adequate cover for certain areas.

Aye bitter cockney pricks tbh, it was a little daft of Shelvey but there wasn't a lot in it I think the fact his arm went up afterwards is what they're trying to use to imply it was an elbow but it wasn't.

If he gets a ban for that football can get to fuck, especially after Sissoko got a foul against him for absolutely nothing at all today.

Typical toon. Even when we dominate a game, we're left with shredded nerves. Vital three points. Signing Shelvey looks like being a season turning moment. Exactly the type of player we've been crying out for ever since cabaye left. Now for a left back and a striker and we can start thinking about climbing the table towards safety.

Vital 3 points, could and probably would have been more straightforward had Mbemba not done that - we were always going to be nervous, and them full of confidence, when they pulled one back because of how our respective seasons have gone. Wijnaldum different class and that was a cracking debut from Shelvey. Another good performance all across the defence as well. I thought Mitro had a canny game - its a pity he can't finish yet but he's a very young lad to be playing up front on his own and he's not shirking it. He'll get better I reckon.

Edited by Dickie

Best performance of the season that. Overall we looked far better than West Ham who are genuinely challenging for a top 4 spot. It was convincing and I think 2-1 flatters West Ham. People often state over the top reactions, particularly to watching football, but Wijnaaldum looked not just top class, he looked absolute world class today. WORLD class, I'd go as far to say he's THE best player we've had since Shearer, that genuinely is how highly I rate him. I enjoyed that so much I left the ground for the first time in years in a genuinely happy mood.

Missed the game (typical). By all means sounds like a very good performance. Class goals as well. Got a nice surprise checking the score today, really expected a draw at best today.

Hopefully Shelvey can keep proving us doubters wrong.

As is the pattern this season, we should have been 4 or 5 up but can't seem to finish games off. Then a mistake lets the opposition back into the game. Some of the attacking play, the passing is brilliant. The pace with Gini, Sissoko, Perez must be a nightmare to play against. Just the finishing the move off is still a problem. West Ham have done well this season, they couldn't cope at times today.

Edited by Anorthernsoul

Ye knaa, mebbe we've already got the striker we need in the house...........RIVIERE!!

He was on the bench today, which tells me he must be looking alright in practice, and may have been given a run-out. I know he hasn't done too well in the past in regards to scoring goals, but let's face it, Mitrovic isn't setting the house on fire either in that department. Riviere was bought for a purpose he didn't fulfill inn any way, but maybe he can pull a Jesus act and resurrect himself. He could possibly turn out to be a good striker in the company of the players we have now providing him service. Let's face it, Mitrovic held the ball up really well today but he couldn't stick one away despite all the service he got, and he got a lot.

Ye knaa, mebbe we've already got the striker we need in the house...........RIVIERE!!

He was on the bench today, which tells me he must be looking alright in practice, and may have been given a run-out. I know he hasn't done too well in the past in regards to scoring goals, but let's face it, Mitrovic isn't setting the house on fire either in that department. Riviere was bought for a purpose he didn't fulfill inn any way, but maybe he can pull a Jesus act and resurrect himself. He could possibly turn out to be a good striker in the company of the players we have now providing him service. Let's face it, Mitrovic held the ball up really well today but he couldn't stick one away despite all the service he got, and he got a lot.

Or maybe Riviere will prove to be just as shit as he was last season.

Let's hope he doesn't get enough game time for us to find out.

Edited by Billy Whitehurst

Mitrovic is taking a lot of unfair stick like. He isn't missing chances like Altidore was for the Mackems, he's doing the right things and forcing some good saves. He'll improve for the better service he's going to get and with game time. Riviere man :lol: worse than shola