Vladimir Putin and Russia

Anorthernsoul

3 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

That doesn't sound good. But surly they're not mad enough to do anything with it? 

He’s just invaded another country. 

He’s a fucking psycho, of course he’ll use it as a threat. 

Could Chernobyl be used to threaten Europe and others into letting this happen, with the threat that "assurances cannot be made of how safe it will be".

Honestly if we've let that happen then we've all accepted that we're just going to lose Ukraine altogether.

Hi Everyone,

This is obviously huge news and a terrible thing is happening but I want to take a second to remind you that Russia in particular are extremely good at getting misinformation out in to the world which then spreads.

As such I want to urge you to ensure that anything you are sharing is from proper sources and inform you that anything shared from bad faith actors or any posts made on this subject in bad faith will be removed.

We're a small community of people who mostly know each other well, we're nothing compared to the absolute mess that is Twitter right now but that doesn't mean we shirk our responsibility to not spread propaganda or misinformation.

So, please do be careful about what you're reading and what you are sharing, here and everywhere else online.

Cheers!

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Hi Everyone,

This is obviously huge news and a terrible thing is happening but I want to take a second to remind you that Russia in particular are extremely good at getting misinformation out in to the world which then spreads.

As such I want to urge you to ensure that anything you are sharing is from proper sources and inform you that anything shared from bad faith actors or any posts made on this subject in bad faith will be removed.

We're a small community of people who mostly know each other well, we're nothing compared to the absolute mess that is Twitter right now but that doesn't mean we shirk our responsibility to not spread propaganda or misinformation.

So, please do be careful about what you're reading and what you are sharing, here and everywhere else online.

Cheers!

image.gif.f6aff10eaf7eaa4bf77042ce1e8133bd.gif

• Haha 5

24 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Is there any way of hiding a thread so I can't see the fucker? This shit is terrifying and I'd rather just pretend it wasn't happening. :lol:

If you go to the General Chat sub forum you will see a list of thread titles if you don’t click on the one called Vladimir Putin and Russia, it will be hidden from you.

Glad to help 👍

Edited by Toonpack
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

Could Chernobyl be used to threaten Europe and others into letting this happen, with the threat that "assurances cannot be made of how safe it will be".

Honestly if we've let that happen then we've all accepted that we're just going to lose Ukraine altogether.

What the fuck do you think he’s going to do with an old radioactive building?

1 hour ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

What the fuck do you think he’s going to do with an old radioactive building?

Doubt he's got much much use for it tbh but it's good propaganda to remind the west he's still a huge nuclear threat without having to actually launch any nukes. If his troops are really there though it's likely to flank Kiev from the north and the nuclear narrative is just a bonus to remind the rest of the word how much of a psycho he is and give NATO an easy out for not intervening.

Guardian is reporting that Ukraine is forbidding men and boys aged 16 to 60 from leaving the country.

Zelenskiy told his people that he called for help, but sees no one ready to stand with them. He says it looks dire but won't leave the capital.

Ukrainian ship was destroyed along with every soul on board after being told to stand down by a Russian military ship. The Ukrainians told the Russians to go fuck themselves in response.

Brave of them.

• Like 1

Russia and China trying to redefine democracy in their new world. It basically means they will water it down so that they can do as they please, and they will face no consequences because their 'democracy' will accomidate it. Russia does not need SWIFT. They will be bankrolled by China moving forward. These are indeed worrisome, uncertain and troubled times.

https://responsiblestatecraft.org/2022/02/12/breaking-down-that-putin-xi-joint-statement-on-a-new-era/

Edited by Ken

“Upon information that the Marshall Islands-flagged Turkish-owned Yasa Jupiter ship was struck by a bomb off the coast of Odessa, it was learned that the ship has no request for help, is en route to Romanian waters, has no casualties and is safe.” 

13 hours ago, scoobos said:

As I say, this is gossip in my sector - but its looking to be at least partly factual , so this is what Cyber warfare is. GPS is 100 to 200 metres out apparently , (god knows how they do that) - Denial of service on all government sites. 

I always thought cyber warfare would be messing with targeting systems etc, not deleting entire governments.

Given the shit Russia (and others) give us with DNS etc, what I can't understand is why we appear not to be able to do the same to them.  Can't we Stuxnet them?

script GIF

• Like 1