Vladimir Putin and Russia

Anorthernsoul

9 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Not going to get into a big discussion on it but I continue to believe he has been absolutely right in his views on Russia based on what I've seen.

When Salisbury went down and everyone wanted immediate action, Corbyn wanted caution and adherence to international law and standards. We flouted that because it suited us. Little things like this make bigger things, like Russian invasions, easier.

That said, I am struggling to think how he would have handled this. The press would have been calling for him to fire warheads by now ofc, and his own party would be lining up to testify against him for managing the crisis poorly, but it would be interesting to understand how he would tackle it.

• Like 1

He spoke up in the House about this, refused to condemn Russia, asked if we had agreed to Russian demands to share samples of the novichok and insisted we maintain dialogue with Moscow. He was and remains his own worst enemy  

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/news.sky.com/story/amp/salisbury-attack-jeremy-corbyn-accused-of-appeasement-towards-russia-11289753

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

He spoke up in the House about this, refused to condemn Russia, asked if we had agreed to Russian demands to share samples of the novichok and insisted we maintain dialogue with Moscow. He was and remains his own worst enemy  

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/news.sky.com/story/amp/salisbury-attack-jeremy-corbyn-accused-of-appeasement-towards-russia-11289753

This is the crux mate, strikes me as you see this daft old sod's meanderings as worse than a tory party riddled with bent roubles when Oborne's article shows his reaction to the Salisbury poisonings wasnt as one way as the media would have it. He'd have been terrible as a PM but read the charge sheet about the tory party from the Peter Oborne article. The UK press made sure Corbyn wouldn't get in and they're making sure the Tories aren't being made to pay for getting fully into bed with Putin's goons. The press and the tories make me fuckin sick. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

This is the crux mate, strikes me as you see this daft old sod's meanderings as worse than a tory party riddled with bent roubles when Oborne's article shows his reaction to the Salisbury poisonings wasnt as one way as the media would have it. He'd have been terrible as a PM but read the charge sheet about the tory party from the Peter Oborne article. The UK press made sure Corbyn wouldn't get in and they're making sure the Tories aren't being made to pay for getting fully into bed with Putin's goons. The press and the tories make me fuckin sick. 

No that’s not true. I voted for him twice.

But Corbyn played a big role in handing the Tories another five years through his own arrogance, incompetence and stupidity - despite putting forward a manifesto most voters would support. And he’s an antisemite. I can’t stand the cunt. 

• Like 3

Just thought Oborne's article was an interesting point of view. Am gonna rap it because at the end of the day no fuckers changing their mind on what's past. The news from Kiev today is ominous so think I should concentrate on that...

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

Just thought Oborne's article was an interesting point of view. Am gonna rap it because at the end of the day no fuckers changing their mind on what's past. The news from Kiev today is ominous so think I should concentrate on that...

I think you're both right. Don't even want to tune into the news about Ukraine. I can't believe what is happening in Europe in 2022.

17 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

This shit is horrible like. I will never support MBS unless he massively changes his behaviour. But also I'm never going to stop supporting my club. The sooner SA is dragged into the 21st century the better. 

• Like 3

The Russian Embassy in Switzerlland claiming that a hospital in Maiupol was occupied by radical nazis, wasn’t bombed by Russians because of a ceasefire, there were no pregnant women or babies present and reports and photos saying something else are fake news.

Fucking hell.

• Jaysus... 1

Oh man, it's fucking appalling :sad:

I've got to the point where I can't engage with the news on Russia any more. Just makes me sad. 

• Like 1