Jump to content

Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today just a year ago I was making the dream of my life come true and I was able to meet you   (Yes... I was the first to enter the stadium)  

Posted Images

Brucey’s had a transfer window to bring a striker in and to shift one.He didn’t so if Useless Joe is selected over Gayle,Carroll and Anderson then he needs to fuck right off with any excuse regarding Wilson being a big miss so he’s had to fill his place with Useless Joe..

Edited by essembeeofsunderland
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Gman said:

Wilson out for the next 6-8 weeks. Is lal Dwight going to get a chance or are we going to watch “the turning fridge” aka Joelinton fall over his own feet until we are soundly relegated? 
 

Personally I’d like to see some tactical innovation by Bruce, play Miggy as a false 9 with ASM & Fraser either side but you know, it won’t happen so... 

He’s still trying figure out how to play as a false 10

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, NJS said:

My instant reaction to Wilson's news was one word - "relegation". 

Nah. Not because we're any good, but because the three at the bottom are too far back and too shit to get themselves out of it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Fish said:

Nah. Not because we're any good, but because the three at the bottom are too far back and too shit to get themselves out of it.

i think we'd have been comfortable with wilson in the team the rest of the season, ending on 40 odd points. his goals would have kept us up. there isn't anyone like him on the bench so fuck knows how the rest of the season plays.

i think you're right though that the points gap is already so big that relegation would take an spectacular implosion, even by newcastle's standards. we probably only need another 3 wins or so

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

I still think Fulham can get out the bottom three.With Frazier and The Saint in the team,and Lascelles out the team,we’ll still cause teams the odd problem but without Wilson,we don’t have anyone whose really interested in getting into the box.I’m far from confident that we’re in no danger of going down.

They're 8pts off 17th on 15pts, they've won 2 times this season, their points per games is 0.68. If Burnley and Newcastle keep roughly the same PpG(1.08), they'll end up on 39 and 41points respectively.

For Fulham to get to 39 points, they need 24pts from 16 games, which is 1.5PpG. More than double what they've managed so far. It's a win every 2 games. 

 

If Newcastle and Burnley lose  the next 10 games in a row, to catch us Fulham would still need to significantly improve their return to about a point a game just to catch us. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Fish said:

They're 8pts off 17th on 15pts, they've won 2 times this season, their points per games is 0.68. If Burnley and Newcastle keep roughly the same PpG(1.08), they'll end up on 39 and 41points respectively.

For Fulham to get to 39 points, they need 24pts from 16 games, which is 1.5PpG. More than double what they've managed so far. It's a win every 2 games. 

 

If Newcastle and Burnley lose  the next 10 games in a row, to catch us Fulham would still need to significantly improve their return to about a point a game just to catch us. 

Good post.Again I’m worrying where the goals will come from whilst Wilson is missing.If we edge towards the bottom three,say five points clear,do we have the characters in the team who will be up for a relegation fight.With a fully fit squad we probably have enough to keep the gap to 10/12 points but we’d still need a goal scorer for that.For me Gayle has to be the man to replace Wilson with Frazier the supplier.Frazier misses more games than he plays unfortunately.An injury to Frazier then the opposition only need to double up on The Saint well away from their box and we’re knackered.Clark and Dummitt have to play in central defence.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Fixtures

Everton v Fulham.        Chelsea v NUFC

Burnley v Fulham.         Man Utd v NUFC

Fulham v Sheff Utd.      NUFC v Wolves

Palace v Fulham.           WBA v NUFC

I wouldn’t be surprised if Fulham picked up more points than us looking at those fixtures.We could easily lose those fixtures if Useless Joe is up front.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Must be hard for the press at the minute. When we disliked Pardew it was only because we wanted someone from the area, since then we’ve also disliked having Carver and Bruce, so now it’s twisted to unrealistic expectations, yet we’re 4th bottom - but what can we expect with this squad? Even though the squad wasn’t a problem to them when Benitez was in charge. 
 

The bloke should have went when we were brushed aside by Brentford at the latest, having him still here is a ridiculous fucking risk and if we do stop up and Ashley let’s him have a go at trying to scrape up next season then Ashley confuses me even more than I thought. 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Howay said:

Must be hard for the press at the minute. When we disliked Pardew it was only because we wanted someone from the area, since then we’ve also disliked having Carver and Bruce, so now it’s twisted to unrealistic expectations, yet we’re 4th bottom - but what can we expect with this squad? Even though the squad wasn’t a problem to them when Benitez was in charge. 
 

The bloke should have went when we were brushed aside by Brentford at the latest, having him still here is a ridiculous fucking risk and if we do stop up and Ashley let’s him have a go at trying to scrape up next season then Ashley confuses me even more than I thought. 

 

Basically there's not a single squad member who has increased their value under his tenure. Was talking to a mate #notfish about this earlier. Longstaff on Man Utd's shopping list before Bruceball. Now behind Jonjo for selection. Compare that to Rodgers who is improving his players by the week. It makes no sense whatsoever to not pay for a decent coach 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

It was just the weirdest appointment ever, even by Ashley’s standards (Kinnear aside). No other PL club would have gone anywhere near him. Plus we paid Wednesday compensation to release him. Just bizarre 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Complete cunt of a bloke tbh. He had no clue about the takeover and was too arrogant to admit it, so now he’s absolutely fucking desperate for the takeover to not happen the bitter little loser. Not sure if anyone actually reads his shite now but any of our lot should unfollow and not read his tat. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...