Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

3 hours ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Taking the Fulham results over the last 10 games and averaging out the points. If they continue then they are on course for 28 points this season. I’m not worried about Sheff utd or west brom.

Them catching up hasn’t been about them being particularly good but rather us being extremely awful.

10 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

If we can’t get 28 points then we truly deserve the drop 

I was saying to my Fulham supporting mate a couple of weeks ago that 29 points will see a club safe this season - how crap does that make the league then?

In the match thread Alex rightly pointed out Fulham only need 4 wins to catch us, thing is they will probably only need three as we will roll over for them.
I think one of the bottom three will put in a decent run at some point, hopefully not fat Sham's team. If Burnley start getting our luck it could be squeaky bum time.

I cannot see Burnley being involved in a relegation fight as the season progresses.With Chelsea and Man Utd as our next opponents,and with Wilson looking like he’s going to miss those games,damage limitation could be the order of the day.The Saint is due an ‘injury’ which will force him off during a game.

Wilson out for the next 6-8 weeks. Is lal Dwight going to get a chance or are we going to watch “the turning fridge” aka Joelinton fall over his own feet until we are soundly relegated? 

Personally I’d like to see some tactical innovation by Bruce, play Miggy as a false 9 with ASM & Fraser either side but you know, it won’t happen so... 

• Like 1

Brucey’s had a transfer window to bring a striker in and to shift one.He didn’t so if Useless Joe is selected over Gayle,Carroll and Anderson then he needs to fuck right off with any excuse regarding Wilson being a big miss so he’s had to fill his place with Useless Joe..

Edited by essembeeofsunderland

19 hours ago, Gman said:

Wilson out for the next 6-8 weeks. Is lal Dwight going to get a chance or are we going to watch “the turning fridge” aka Joelinton fall over his own feet until we are soundly relegated? 

Personally I’d like to see some tactical innovation by Bruce, play Miggy as a false 9 with ASM & Fraser either side but you know, it won’t happen so... 

He’s still trying figure out how to play as a false 10

14 hours ago, NJS said:

My instant reaction to Wilson's news was one word - "relegation". 

Nah. Not because we're any good, but because the three at the bottom are too far back and too shit to get themselves out of it.

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

Nah. Not because we're any good, but because the three at the bottom are too far back and too shit to get themselves out of it.

i think we'd have been comfortable with wilson in the team the rest of the season, ending on 40 odd points. his goals would have kept us up. there isn't anyone like him on the bench so fuck knows how the rest of the season plays.

i think you're right though that the points gap is already so big that relegation would take an spectacular implosion, even by newcastle's standards. we probably only need another 3 wins or so

20 minutes ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

I still think Fulham can get out the bottom three.With Frazier and The Saint in the team,and Lascelles out the team,we’ll still cause teams the odd problem but without Wilson,we don’t have anyone whose really interested in getting into the box.I’m far from confident that we’re in no danger of going down.

They're 8pts off 17th on 15pts, they've won 2 times this season, their points per games is 0.68. If Burnley and Newcastle keep roughly the same PpG(1.08), they'll end up on 39 and 41points respectively.

For Fulham to get to 39 points, they need 24pts from 16 games, which is 1.5PpG. More than double what they've managed so far. It's a win every 2 games. 

If Newcastle and Burnley lose  the next 10 games in a row, to catch us Fulham would still need to significantly improve their return to about a point a game just to catch us. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Fish said:

They're 8pts off 17th on 15pts, they've won 2 times this season, their points per games is 0.68. If Burnley and Newcastle keep roughly the same PpG(1.08), they'll end up on 39 and 41points respectively.

For Fulham to get to 39 points, they need 24pts from 16 games, which is 1.5PpG. More than double what they've managed so far. It's a win every 2 games. 

If Newcastle and Burnley lose  the next 10 games in a row, to catch us Fulham would still need to significantly improve their return to about a point a game just to catch us. 

Good post.Again I’m worrying where the goals will come from whilst Wilson is missing.If we edge towards the bottom three,say five points clear,do we have the characters in the team who will be up for a relegation fight.With a fully fit squad we probably have enough to keep the gap to 10/12 points but we’d still need a goal scorer for that.For me Gayle has to be the man to replace Wilson with Frazier the supplier.Frazier misses more games than he plays unfortunately.An injury to Frazier then the opposition only need to double up on The Saint well away from their box and we’re knackered.Clark and Dummitt have to play in central defence.

Fixtures

Everton v Fulham.        Chelsea v NUFC

Burnley v Fulham.         Man Utd v NUFC

Fulham v Sheff Utd.      NUFC v Wolves

Palace v Fulham.           WBA v NUFC

I wouldn’t be surprised if Fulham picked up more points than us looking at those fixtures.We could easily lose those fixtures if Useless Joe is up front.