Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

19 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

You're just sore because I took the piss out of your new trainers ;) 

I'm more excited to see this than watch our next match.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

😭

20210303_210900.jpg

We have unrealistic expectations based in the above not being true, surely. We’ve had 3 less seasons in the Premier League than Liverpool too. Also where is the footballing leviathan that is Everton? 

• Like 1

The association that make decisions over South American international fixtures has postponed the upcoming World Cup qualifiers that would have involved Paraguay, and subsequently Almiron. So that's a bit of good news at least. Having Almiron perhaps just fit, or half fit, heading off to South America to perhaps get injured, catch Covid, and then have to quarantine for 10 days after he returned regardless, would have been a nightmare.

On 04/03/2021 at 07:02, Alex said:

We have unrealistic expectations based in the above not being true, surely. We’ve had 3 less seasons in the Premier League than Liverpool too. Also where is the footballing leviathan that is Everton? 

We were still 6th in that table 2 seasons ago

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/talksport.com/football/501157/clubs-most-days-top-premier-league-manchester-united-liverpool-leeds/amp/

Leicester doing us a favour, so that's all the teams below us and the one above us having lost their last game.  We have to capitalise and then use our game in hand advantage, it's as simple and difficult as that with who we have running the club. It's there for us, and we'll just have to see if cabbage head has inadvertently united all the players together in opposition to him thereby they produce a spirited performance against West Brom, or whether he's just took a dump in the cornflakes box by blaming the players for all his mistakes.

2 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

Leicester doing us a favour, so that's all the teams below us and the one above us having lost their last game.  We have to capitalise and then use our game in hand advantage, it's as simple and difficult as that with who we have running the club. It's there for us, and we'll just have to see if cabbage head has inadvertently united all the players together in opposition to him thereby they produce a spirited performance against West Brom, or whether he's just took a dump in the cornflakes box by blaming the players for all his mistakes.

The problem with the United players thesis is Jonjo Shelvey. He is a cock sucking bitch who refuses to run around.

8 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

The problem with the United players thesis is Jonjo Shelvey. He is a cock sucking bitch who refuses to run around.

True, but even Shelvey has about 4, or 5 decent games a season. In fairness against Wolves while he was generally pretty poor he did make two very important last ditch tackles. But again I agree that he's generally been very poor and should be sold at the next possible opportunity. I'd bring the Longstaff's back in, in the absence of anything better, but Bruce seems to have some weird slight against them, probably because he's a naturalised mackem twat.

Edited by Polarboy

3 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Cant see us getting anything against Villa. A point maybe if they don’t turn up.

A point maybe if Grealish isn't back, which he probably will be.

48 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Cant see us getting anything against Villa. A point maybe if they don’t turn up.

It would still finish 0-1, a back pass from Hendrick landing in our own goal

22 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

@The Fish still willy waving?

Less vigorously, but I'm still confident. Might come closer than I expected after that shock win against Liverpool, but they've a tougher run in than us and by the time we face them (and Sheffield) we should have Wilson, ASM and Almiron back. I don't expect them to be >6pts clear of us going into the final 2 games and if they are then Brighton or Burnley will be below them and in the mix as well. 

Brighton are below us in the league and have West Ham, Man City and Arsenal as their final 3 games.

5 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Less vigorously, but I'm still confident. Might come closer than I expected after that shock win against Liverpool, but they've a tougher run in than us and by the time we face them (and Sheffield) we should have Wilson, ASM and Almiron back. I don't expect them to be >6pts clear of us going into the final 2 games and if they are then Brighton or Burnley will be below them and in the mix as well. 

Brighton are below us in the league and have West Ham, Man City and Arsenal as their final 3 games.

Brighton have been extremely unlucky and aren't playing badly. We are shit.

• Like 1